Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to stop wearing 24/7

Default How to stop wearing 24/7

As the title says, I am in need of help of stopping wearing 24/7, but, don't know how to do it. I went 24/7 about in the beginning of January starting off as a weekend only, and that progressed to a week and now I'm here, 24/7 for 2 months. Before this, I was never 24/7 for more than a week or so. In these two months, my bladder has significantly shrank in size and I am urinating a LOT more often and often find that I do not recognize it when I need to pee.
    Sometimes I will recognize the urge, others I catch myself as I am wetting, and I even won't know that I wet myself at other times. Most of the time I can catch myself before I wet, but, my "accidents" do scare me because I have them a few times per week. Wearing is enjoyable, but, it has become a hassle and is growing expensive on a college budget.
    As part of my "training" back, I am wearing more Goodnites during the day to make me think more about wetting before I do it (in order to avoid both overflowing my diaper AND avoiding an accident during the day undiapered). How have you all gotten out of diapers after a long stint? How long did it take you and was it hard?

I haven't ever worn that long, but I would think the thing to do would be to intentionally hold it and do some kegel exercises (Google the term) to help strengthen your bladder again. Also, maybe stop using the diapers and go in the bathroom instead, but keep a diaper on until you feel comfortable and confident. Basically, just because you're diapered doesn't mean you have to use them, so wear for security until you get back to normal.

That's a good idea!! I try to go to the bathroom a few times per day when I think about it and try to pee, but, I still find myself in a wet diaper at times (though I am wearing less diapers now versus two weeks ago).

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    I haven't ever worn that long, but I would think the thing to do would be to intentionally hold it and do some kegel exercises (Google the term) to help strengthen your bladder again. Also, maybe stop using the diapers and go in the bathroom instead, but keep a diaper on until you feel comfortable and confident. Basically, just because you're diapered doesn't mean you have to use them, so wear for security until you get back to normal.
    Just so. Pretend you aren't diapered and you'd need to use the toilet. Don't go any more frequently than that. That's how I prefer to wear/use my diapers anyway, so I've had zero reduction of capacity after wearing 24/7 for months at a time.

Maybe something is medically wrong. Just coincides with your going full time. If you don't regain control soon. Please see a doctor.

You've spent two months reverse potty training. Going back just means you have to potty train again.

Wearing training pants, or a very low capacity pullup is a good start. Going before you need to won't really help though. You need to restretch your bladder and strengthen your sphincter muscles.

The next time you need to pee- don't. Most of us can remember the old pee pee dance we did as young kids. This is what increased our capacity to hold it, and it's what you're going to need to do too.

Haven't tried it myself, but I read somewhere about setting yourself a schedule. Pee every half hour, then every hour and longer and longer times till you can hold a normal full bladder.

I am already partially setting a pee schedule. I try every two hours, on the hour, to pee. If I hold it to wait, I usually forget about it and wet myself

Quote Originally Posted by nezquic66 View Post
    I am already partially setting a pee schedule. I try every two hours, on the hour, to pee. If I hold it to wait, I usually forget about it and wet myself
    Nesquic has the right answer , setting a timed voiding schedule with increased frequency to void in the toilet and not in the diaper , slowly moving the times farther apart until you are back to holding like normal, minimum 2 hours of holding ability. That's how physical therapist teach it .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Go cold turkey. Put regular underwear on. If you have a couple accidents, your brain will catch on and put a stop to it. The shock of wetting will reinforce it.