Looking for a diaper with the old ABUniverse Plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuchiMuchi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi everyone.

I have been thinking about those old ABUniverse Super Dry Kids from around 2011, 2012 I think.

They were not necessarily the best diaper around. They had pinhole leaks and weren't as absorbent as the ones they have now. But one thing they DID have was that textured plastic. That plastic was the closest thing to 1970's Pampers I've ever found in an adult diaper.

Since I assume those diapers were made in China in a factory that made diapers for various companies, does anyone know if there's a diaper out there that uses that "recipe"? I'm looking for that textured plastic specifically. It was almost like little tiny pockmarks in a staggered pattern if you looked closely at it.

I really liked those so much. I'm so sad they don't exist anymore.

Any help on finding a comparable plastic diaper would be super appreciated!

MM

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there are a number of diapers available currently with lightly textured plastic. though I personally prefer buttery smooth ;)

and that auction is casey's, selling old SDK stock so I'm pretty sure that's what you're looking for

I don't have any close up pictures, but these are the first version SDKs. I'm not certain what you mean by "dotted" plastic. You could mean many things by this.

klo555 said:
I don't have any close up pictures, but these are the first version SDKs. I'm not certain what you mean by "dotted" plastic. You could mean many things by this.

Yeah, it's a weird way to describe it, I know. There was a run of the diapers that had this particular plastic. If you look closely at it, you see that the plastic has small dots embossed in it. The circles are probably less than 1mm in diameter. It was a glossier plastic and was thinner. Thy were sold around 2010,2011. They were replaced with different plastic after that but were still considered version 1.

Anyway. Thanks for replying.

MuchiMuchi said:
Yeah, it's a weird way to describe it, I know. There was a run of the diapers that had this particular plastic. If you look closely at it, you see that the plastic has small dots embossed in it. The circles are probably less than 1mm in diameter. It was a glossier plastic and was thinner. Thy were sold around 2010,2011. They were replaced with different plastic after that but were still considered version 1.

Anyway. Thanks for replying.

I'm guessing he'd know his companies product better then anyone of us XD

rennecfox said:
I'm guessing he'd know his companies product better then anyone of us XD

I'm sure he does. But the fact is that during the lifetime of SDK Version 1 (which had a very long life until v2 came out) there were various minor changes and upgrades in colors and materials. If you've been using SDK since 2010 or so, you would have noticed.

There was one shorter run on SDK about 7 or 8 years ago that had a particular characteristic that I am looking for. But I might be the only one that remembers this in particular. Oh well...worth a shot! :)

MuchiMuchi said:
Hi everyone.

I have been thinking about those old ABUniverse Super Dry Kids from around 2011, 2012 I think.

They were not necessarily the best diaper around. They had pinhole leaks and weren't as absorbent as the ones they have now. But one thing they DID have was that textured plastic. That plastic was the closest thing to 1970's Pampers I've ever found in an adult diaper.

Since I assume those diapers were made in China in a factory that made diapers for various companies, does anyone know if there's a diaper out there that uses that "recipe"? I'm looking for that textured plastic specifically. It was almost like little tiny pockmarks in a staggered pattern if you looked closely at it.

I really liked those so much. I'm so sad they don't exist anymore.

Any help on finding a comparable plastic diaper would be super appreciated!

MM
I've been ordering my sdk v1 thru rearz,
I agree with you 100% the new sdk's "do nothing" for me, the older version(sdk v1) was the closest thing to the pampers of the 1970's .
The older version (sdk v1)of the diaper was more square shaped in which makes the diaper stick out more giving it more buldge in front and back like the old pampers, and the padding was more squared and not hourglasss shaped which gave the diaper an authentic look to it and last but not least the plastic backing crinkled just like the 1970's version did also.

MuchiMuchi said:
I'm sure he does. But the fact is that during the lifetime of SDK Version 1 (which had a very long life until v2 came out) there were various minor changes and upgrades in colors and materials. If you've been using SDK since 2010 or so, you would have noticed.

There was one shorter run on SDK about 7 or 8 years ago that had a particular characteristic that I am looking for. But I might be the only one that remembers this in particular. Oh well...worth a shot! :)

Hehe, some of you guys get as caught up in diaper variants as I do with song versions.

Twee said:
I've been ordering my sdk v1 thru rearz,
I agree with you 100% the new sdk's "do nothing" for me, the older version(sdk v1) was the closest thing to the pampers of the 1970's .
The older version (sdk v1)of the diaper was more square shaped in which makes the diaper stick out more giving it more buldge in front and back like the old pampers, and the padding was more squared and not hourglasss shaped which gave the diaper an authentic look to it and last but not least the plastic backing crinkled just like the 1970's version did also.

Yes! Exactly! Are the ones you get from Rearz the textured plastic like the 70's Pampers? Those 70's pampers had the micro "diamonds" on the plastic, whereas the SDKs used to have tiny circles instead. Still very similar.

MuchiMuchi said:
Yes! Exactly! Are the ones you get from Rearz the textured plastic like the 70's Pampers? Those 70's pampers had the micro "diamonds" on the plastic, whereas the SDKs used to have tiny circles instead. Still very similar.

Yes they are textured like the 1970's pamper, as far as the micro diamonds and circles I'm not sure I never looked that closely into it. I use a booster like abri let maxi or a bambino booster in them and it's just like being in a 70's pamper( I'm in heaven).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back