Premium Diaper Reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ClickyKeys said:
Oh okay, That makes sense now. I was thinking you were talking about the cut of the leg holes. So that explains the confusion.

The problem I'm referring to with the sizing would be the fit of the leg holes on certain diapers. I size my diapers so that they are able to go over the belly button (although they end up eventually rolling down because of the shape of the belly and bending over a lot) For me the Northshore Supreme cut too high on the leg holes and I'll end up getting leaks out of the front of the leg holes.

Here's an image kind of what I'm talking about, with green being how the Northshore Supreme fits on me and the red being how the Rearz Inspire+ InControl fits on me, and the blue showing where I get leaks out of on the Northshore Supreme.

http://i.imgur.com/JdYFbFI.png

No powder or creams, and I make sure not to get skin oils onto the area where the tapes need to be. I just have bad luck with them it would seem. Might just be how they fit on me particularly. The bottom tapes end up being on where the diaper curves into the leg gathers no matter where I put the tapes and I think that just adds a lot of undue stress on the tapes perhaps.

That is interesting. Put the two side by side and opened up. With the way rearz is cut, the front side panels angle up much more than the northshore does (like what you show in green). Add in their lack of lower tapes and its impossible to tape it snug around the legs, let alone low. I'm honestly not sure how you're even physically able to get a rearz so low like you drew.

With the northshore having more squared front panels, and lower tapes, I'm able to actually secure that lower plastic and get a snug fit. (Much like what you drew in red).

This really is the way each diaper is cut. Did you maybe get the red-green diagram mixed up?

Slomo said:
That is interesting. Put the two side by side and opened up. With the way rearz is cut, the front side panels angle up much more than the northshore does (like what you show in green). Add in their lack of lower tapes and its impossible to tape it snug around the legs, let alone low. I'm honestly not sure how you're even physically able to get a rearz so low like you drew.

With the northshore having more squared front panels, and lower tapes, I'm able to actually secure that lower plastic and get a snug fit. (Much like what you drew in red).

This really is the way each diaper is cut. Did you maybe get the red-green diagram mixed up?

Lack of lower tape? What Rearz are you referring to? I use the Inspire+ InControl which have lower tapes. Are you thinking of the Lil' Squirts that just have one tape on each side?

And I definitely have the colours the right way around for how the two fit on me. The Rearz Inspire+ InControl is usually like 2 inches below my beltline, whereas the Northshore Supreme is up almost at the belt line.

Difference might be where the side panel is starting. Could be that the Rearz starts lower and then angles up whereas the Northshore starts higher and then cuts straight over. Kind of like this? http://i.imgur.com/af28FDN.png

The image links below show what I'm talking about.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...O_SAhVF8CYKHQPrCIgQMwgtKBIwEg&iact=mrc&uact=8

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...e_SAhXBWSYKHV_pDOMQMwhBKBwwHA&iact=mrc&uact=8

- - - Updated - - -

ClickyKeys said:
Lack of lower tape? What Rearz are you referring to? I use the Inspire+ InControl which have lower tapes. Are you thinking of the Lil' Squirts that just have one tape on each side?

And I definitely have the colours the right way around.

Look again. Their "lower" tape is actually positioned at the dead center of the back panel. They have upper and middle tapes, but nothing on the lower half of the panel.

This is very common for every diaper out there which uses a tape landing zone. The "lower" tape has been moved up so it can tape to the front panel which does not extend down very far.

With this setup, the lower leg opening are always left loose- unless you wear one size too small which then makes the whole diaper tighter and compensates for this. But of course, too small of a diaper also brings other problems with it that negatively affect their performance too.

Here, this image shows it really good for the middle and upper tapes, with no lower tapes as per their standard design.
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...u_SAhWIdSYKHeLCC9sQMwhaKDcwNw&iact=mrc&uact=8

Yeah not sure then, could just be the nature of body shape differences.

I don't have either in my stock at the moment due to a backorder situation, so my InControl case refill won't come until Monday, and the only NorthShore Care Supply products I have are some AirSupreme samples that they sent me once.

I've found with the way those tapes fit on me though is that the panel seems to extend downward pretty far compared to other diapers, so the "middle" appearing positioning ends up being as low as most diapers. I usually have a lot of excess under the lower tape to tuck in. When I put my Rearz Inspire+ InControl on I end up actually having the bottom tapes angles upward anyways to get them high enough on my landing zone. Sort of like this:
w5NU6cS.png

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, but I just pulled one of my leftover Dry 24/7 packs out to give them another try, and there is no way I can even consider these a quality diaper.

I literally went through 6 diapers in a row failing during the putting in process. The tape would either detach from the wing or if it didn't do that it would pull open a hole in the outer plastic exposing SAP after being applied. Like not even crappy Depends have I had that many failures in a row, that was just ridiculous. They are worse quality than Depends. I'm not even going as tight on them as I should, any looser and they would fall right off me.

I just don't understand how you guys can put up with that just for the absorbency (which I don't find that great either, the one I wore yesterday only handled two medium wettings before I had a small leak.) if this failure chain happened to me away from home I'd be left without protection having exhausted everything in my diaper bag, and that level of waste in a diaper is beyond unacceptable.

I'm sorry but these are pretty much the worst diapers I've tried besides some crap generic Walgreens diapers once. They are just abysmal.

Now that actually sounds more like a bad batch than anything else.

All other issues aside, most everyone else would agree that the tapes alone are not bad like this. Yes the tapes are a slight bit weak, but still usually hold 99.9 percent of the time (rubbing them on to improve their contact after you stick them in place helps with this).

I have personally been using them for almost two years now. I've only once had tape issues like this with one batch order, but that was over a year ago. I did have to use extra tape to get me through that batch, but they have been solid for me ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back