New here. A little history and a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLanon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
After years of lurking, i finally took the plunge and made an account.

A little history:
I am a straight male DL. The AB side doesn't really do much for me. Diapers are about 70% sexual for me, 20% comfort/security and 10% nostolgia. I love to wet my diapers, but not mess. I also like to fill them with warm water, because there is no smell and they seem to swell up and hold more that way.

I was fully potty trained by the age of 3. One of my earliest memories was when i was 4 years old and asking my mom if i could wear diapers again. She said no, because I'm a big boy now. From then all the way through my preteen years, i would occasionally "borrow" a pullup or goodnite from my brother or friend. My friend knew i liked to wear goodnites and would let me have one of his sometimes when i slept over. I think he was a DL too (or just lazy), as he wouldn't change until he either started leaking or had to leave the house.
Some of my best childhood memories are from when we'd be playing nintendo in the morning, both in soaked goodnites.

My first time buying diapers was when i was 15. i snuck out of the house in the middle of the night to ride my bike about 5 miles to the nearest walmart to buy goodnites. It had been a few years since i was last padded at that point and that was when i discovered the sexual side of diapers for me.
Even since then, i have bought goodnites, 6 tape depends and more recently, depends realfit. I really like the realfits because they are like bigger goodnites with better capacity, but unfortunately, less padding in the rear.

A few questions:
I am finally ready to pull the trigger on ABDL diapers, as i really want something that'll hold a lot more fluid.

1. I want a very high capacity diaper that swells immensely when soaked. So far, I've had my eyes on rearz safari, ABU little pawz, and dry 24/7. Price isn't really a big deal for me. Any recommendations on a super high capacity diaper that swells a lot?

2. I wear 38" pants and am about 5' 8". What size should i get? I've heard you want to go smaller with rearz, so medium, but what about the ABU lineup?

3. How would i go about having the package shipped to either the post office or a UPS store for pickup, instead of having it delivered to the house? I'm at work all day during the week and do not want that package sitting at my door for hours.

I'm very excited to finally join adisc and look forward to be a part of this great community.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome. Glad your joining us. To answer your questions The Lil Paws are awesome, and hold a lot. The question on size, you'll want to get them a size larger then their sizing chart. Get two samples Med and Large and see which better fits you. I fit in smalls but the mediums are better for me. And If you get a PO Box Like me, you can ship them to the Post Office. They will put it in a parcel locker for you to pick up and as far as Ive done, ABU ships to PO Boxes. I haven't tried the UPS ship to office, but I don't think it works very well.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, you sound a lot like me... as for your choices I would stick with size larger.
Abu has 3 styles of the same diaper, little paws, space and simple are the same type, different prints
The simple is an all plain white diaper incase your not ready to plunge in printed ones.
Rearz salaries are also awesome, I'm not really to keen on the prints but the fit and absobancy / thickness is great. I do think the safeties hold a little more than the abu's but it's so close there really isn't to much of an argument. Price wise you get more for $$ with Abu, also shipping is faster in the lower 48

Wow you seem to be the same size as me so I personally find the rearz seduction fantastic in the capacity and swelling department. They do get nice and squishy real quick too.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks for responding. I have always been insecure about my DL tendencies and talking with others that share a similar interest makes me feel a lot better
The only other person who ever sorta knew was that friend i mentioned in that first post and i stopped talking to him back in middle school, because he was getting into drugs. Haven't heard from him since. I'm 24 years old now, so it's been a while. I did hear from a friend of his that he is in prison now with a long sentance.

I forgot about PO boxes. I will be going that route for sure. At this point, i still haven't decided which diapers i'm going to get, but am leaning toward little pawz. I actually kind of like the print and the wetness indicators. From what everyone has said, they hold a lot, but do they swell up good and get nice and squishy? I guess what I'm asking is are they a high SAP diaper?

Hello, DLanon. You seem to be at the top end of the Medium size for most diapers. This means you're on the fence as to whether you should get Medium or Large. I recommend ordering a sample pack to determine which you like better, because there is a bit of overlap. Most likely Medium will be best for you unless you gain a little weight. I'm 5'8" with a 40 inch waist and I use Large, but Mediums do fit me, if barely.

safaris swell alot, especially with a soaker pad.

welcome out of the darkness of being a lurker...lol.. your my size and medium dry/ 24/7 fit me perfect

DLanon said:
1. I want a very high capacity diaper that swells immensely when soaked. So far, I've had my eyes on rearz safari, ABU little pawz, and dry 24/7. Price isn't really a big deal for me. Any recommendations on a super high capacity diaper that swells a lot?

Rearz Safari is as thick as it gets out there right now, and they are pretty "swelly" as well. Likewise the Rearz models Princess Pink, Seduction, and Inspire+ InControl are all the same diaper as the Safari with different prints.

2. I wear 38" pants and am about 5' 8". What size should i get? I've heard you want to go smaller with rearz, so medium, but what about the ABU lineup?

You're about the same size as me. Diapers are measured by hip where your pants size is waist. If you have relatively small hips you may be medium, but you could also be large depending on your hip size.

3. How would i go about having the package shipped to either the post office or a UPS store for pickup, instead of having it delivered to the house? I'm at work all day during the week and do not want that package sitting at my door for hours.

I think that you can do that if you get a post office box, but you want to make sure that the vendor you are purchasing from is able to ship to post office boxes. I'm not sure how UPS or FedEx would handle requesting office pickup, you may have to call their customer service and see if that is a thing that you can have set up for you.

DLanon said:
i have been doing some reading around here and it seems a few people like crinklz and say that they swell a lot. How do they compare to rearz safari?

I want maximum absorbsion because when i wear, i like to drink plenty of fluids, which results in a lot of wettings. I would ideally like something that holds 4-6 large wettings. I have yet to try anything that can stand up to a 2nd full bladder release, but like i said earlier, none were premium diapers. For me, capacity is the #1 priority with swelling and squishiness being a close 2nd.

I also want to avoid anything that is prone to clumping and having the padding migrate. I realize any diaper will do that with enough use and movement, but the depends do it way too easily.

After reading some reviews, i am now torn between safaris and crinklz, but still open to other options.

Crinklz is made by Thrust Vector, who also make BetterDry, a more traditional all-white diaper originally intended only for the IC market. They're one of the few IC manufacturers that decided to step into the ABDLDF market by hiring a talented BF artist to draw up some shell art for their new Crinklz diapers, which are identical to betterdry except in the shell art.

SAP quality hasn't always been so good, nor has its use. Early high-sap adult diapers were very stiff when dry, and often had problem with sap bits migrating out of a wet diaper. Lately though, they've gone with better manufacturing techniques and are using higher grade, smaller grain size sap, and that's mostly solved those problems. Now we can enjoy diapers that are comfortable while dry, can swell quite a lot for great capacity, and not have to deal with getting covered in sap beads.

When Thrust Vector switched to the "revision 2" crinklz/betterdry, they went with the improved sap. The new crinklz are comfortable and only moderately thick while dry, but swell quite a lot, wick well, and have very good capacity. I still find them a little lacking in the "feel dry" department though, as a wet crinklz feels pretty wet.

You're going to have a difficult time finding a disposable that doesn't clump when wet. Gravity is just going to win that battle every time. When most people speak of clumping, they're referring to how long before dry padding breaks down and piles up in the crotch during daily activity. For that, I find crinklz are about average.

Looking at how Safari differs from Crinklz... they're about the same length but Safari has a wider crotch, and is a bit fluffier when dry. (harder on side-sleepers like me) Safari has higher capacity, and feels dryer. Both swell up quite a lot when wet. Shell art has a very similar theme, but crinklz is much sharper, it's like comparing a photograph to a drawing. The padding in crinklz doesn't come as close to the front and back ends as it does in the safari. Safari use movable tapes and a somewhat hard tape panel, crinklz use two-use tapes. The shell on safari is somewhat smooth in the body, and is fairly hard on the tape panel, whereas crinklz is buttery smooth plastic all over. Crinklz seem to clump worse for me when wet or dry. Safari leak guards are typical size and sturdy, crinklz are incredibly tall and have occasional problems with elastic bands escaping. Both absorb fast when dry, but Safari seem to wick better when wet. Crinklz are slightly more flexible and have a better feel when dry. When wet, the shell of a safari tends to get a bit "baggy" over the wet padding inside, while crinklz has less room for expansion in the shell and gets much more taut and firm. The narrower crotch tends to swell to close off any gutter/channel in the middle in the crinklz, which can lead to a leak. In the end I consider Crinklz a "special occasion" diaper, and safari a "I think I'm going to need maximum capacity tonight" / sleep in late tomorrow morning diaper.

Hi, I'm 6' tall, have a 38" waist (actually no waist at all), no butt (so my pants fall down) and a bit of a belly.

I've tried the bambino blanco, bellissimo and classico and rearz princess and the ConfiDry 24/7. I like the ConfiDry 24/7.

The ConfiDry 24/7 MEDIUM fits ME perfectly, they're all white, they hold A LOT, crinkle a LITTLE, the tapes are wide and strong (CAN't be re-positioned) and they're relatively inexpensive.

The Bambino and Rearz MEDIUM were WAY too small for me.

However, I'd start with a sample pack because everyone is shaped different so what might be perfect for me might be all wrong for someone else.

The absolute thickest diaper out there right now is crinklz. They swell up to about double of a confidry when wet, and I have yet to max them out before needing to change anyways.

A 38 pant size is not the same as a hop size. And for goodness sakes, your hips line and waist line are not the same either. 38 pants is probably close to a 40 hips, and depending on if you have a gut could be the same or much much more.

Yes diapers are based on your waist line size. This is roughly about where your belly button is (not exactly, maybe just under it). Diapers are sized and intended to fit based on your waist line. And yes, they are intended to extend up over your hips/belt line too.

With all this in mind, you most likely need a size large diaper. If it fits good but feels like you're swimming in a huge diaper then you've got it right. Just remember, diapers are intended to fit like a diaper, not underwear.

DLanon said:
i have been doing some reading around here and it seems a few people like crinklz and say that they swell a lot. How do they compare to rearz safari?

I want maximum absorbsion because when i wear, i like to drink plenty of fluids, which results in a lot of wettings. I would ideally like something that holds 4-6 large wettings. I have yet to try anything that can stand up to a 2nd full bladder release, but like i said earlier, none were premium diapers. For me, capacity is the #1 priority with swelling and squishiness being a close 2nd.

I also want to avoid anything that is prone to clumping and having the padding migrate. I realize any diaper will do that with enough use and movement, but the depends do it way too easily.

After reading some reviews, i am now torn between safaris and crinklz, but still open to other options.
I don't think that you'll find anything that will hold 4-6 large wettings. I get 3 wettings out of the ConfiDry 24/7 which claims to have the most capacity. The problem is that the pee collects between your legs so a lot of the absorbency is wasted.

tickles51 said:
I don't think that you'll find anything that will hold 4-6 large wettings. I get 3 wettings out of the ConfiDry 24/7 which claims to have the most capacity. The problem is that the pee collects between your legs so a lot of the absorbency is wasted.

My experience is that yes, crinklz will actually hold 4-6 large wettings- possibly more. I've worn them for 12+ hours and hadn't even reached half capacity in spite of being well hydrated. By comparison, a confidry will be maxed out soaked for me in about 8 hours under the same conditions.

Heck, with my last crinklz I needed to change because after that 12+ hours it was starting to smell bad. I ended up pouring an extra quart of water down the back just for the fun of it. And it took that instant flooding without leaking one bit, and still seemed ready to take more.

Seriously, I have never come across another diaper- cloth or disposable- that could take this much. It really is an amazing feeling being that soaked.

tickles51 said:
I don't think that you'll find anything that will hold 4-6 large wettings..

Safari will take six large wettings in stride. That one's been tested repeatedly at my house ;)

And I think safari will beat crinklz/betterdry by a good 2 wettings, assuming the BD doesn't leak due to poorer wicking.

I just got my PO box set up today.

Thanks everyone, especially slomo and bambinod for giving me a much better idea of what to expect.

I weighed the pros and cons of each and i have decided to go with the crinklz. I'm going to order a 15 pack tonight.

I can't wait!

[QUOTEu=DLanon;1439414]I just got my PO box set up today.

Thanks everyone, especially slomo and bambinod for giving me a much better idea of what to expect.

I weighed the pros and cons of each and i have decided to go with the crinklz. I'm going to order a 15 pack tonight.

I can't wait![/QUOTE]

Let us know what you think about them.

Will do.

I ordered them last night and got my tracking number today. Delivery is scheduled for 3/31, next friday. I'll most likely try my first one that night. I'll wear for sure on saturday.

Depending on how tired i am after work next friday and what time i get home, and what mood I'm in, I'll do one of 2 things. If I'm not too tired, I'll wear one while enjoying plenty of adult beverages and water for maximum soakage. If I'm tired and know I'll fall asleep early, I'll fill one with warm water for instant gratification. I'll do one friday and the other saturday.

I forgot to mention earlier, when wearing, I fill my diaper up with warm water about 60% of the time, instead of wetting. With the diapers i have tried, they hold more way more water than they do urine. With crappy diapers, the inevitable leaks are much easier to deal with when it's just water and not urine.

So, my package arrived today...at the wrong location.

I went to the postal store to eagerly pick up my crinklz today, only for them to tell me there were no packages for me. My diapers were shipped via UPS and i even showed them the tracking info, showing they were delivered. They told me to go to the UPS terminal. I did and they didn't have a package for me either. The UPS employee gave me a customer service number to call. I called them, and once i verified all my info, the lady on the phone suddenly became very apologetic. She told me actual address it was delivered to.

The package was delivered to the wrong address! It was delivered to a nearby eye doctor's office. Luckily, it was just down the street. I went there, nearly panicking, hoping they didn't open the package as one of their normal deliveries. The box was sitting in the open, on a shelf right behind the receptionist. Thank goodness for discreet packaging!

I don't think it was opened and once i showed them my ID to show them the package was mine, they handed it over. I was so relieved to have my diapers in hand, especially without any real embarrassment.

Needless to say, im wearing my first premium diaper right now and OMG!!!

i was in bliss before i even put it on. Now that i have already wet it once, OMG!!!

THIS IS AWESOME! Crinklz are as thick dry as depends are when leaking. I'll report back later when I've tested it out more thoroughly, but so far I am very happy.
I never flood my diapers, but i had to go pretty bad and i wanted to see how these crinklz held a true flooding. Everything was absorbed very quickly and this diaper has a lot more work to do before i even consider taking it off. My first crinklz is already holding as much, if not more, than the crummy depends i have been wearing for a while now. They also feel so much better. The plastic feels great and the fit is perfect. The padding feels great too. I'm so glad i ordered large and not medium. THIS IS AWESOME!

4 or so large, but slow, wettings in, the swelling is amazing! This is just what i was looking for. The backside is still completely dry, but I'm planning on fixing that soon. Ive had a decent amount of "adult beverages" in addition to 1/2 a gallon of water. There has already been a slight leak, but i know it is due to my bad tape placement. I didn't get the lower tapes nearly tight enough.

I have crinklz #2 at my side in case i feel the need to change and apply the tapes better.

So far, SO GREAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back