Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a little help

Default Need a little help

I'm about to go in to work again. Every time I do it, I feel a part of me just saying "Don't go in" I go in mainly because I really have zero option in it How do you force yourself to do something that makes you suffer so much. The people are horrible. They treat me and my staff like crap. Even if they get just what they want. They ask the same questions even after I've answered the twenty times over. On top of that they could use the online site to answer these questions, but they don't I'm forced to smile to these morons everyday. My boss is crap. I want nothing more than to rip their wind pipe out.

Time to look for another job. No job is not worth being unhappy with it.

The smart-ass answer: use a minicorder (or digital equivalent) and record every answer you give them, then just hit re-play when they ask the same question again.

The real answer: Ignore them as best you can and look for a new job as quickly as you can. Keep in mind that their actions are a reflection upon them and not you. Some places just have a horrible, toxic culture.

Quote Originally Posted by KryanAshford View Post
    I'm about to go in to work again. Every time I do it, I feel a part of me just saying "Don't go in" I go in mainly because I really have zero option in it How do you force yourself to do something that makes you suffer so much. The people are horrible. They treat me and my staff like crap. Even if they get just what they want. They ask the same questions even after I've answered the twenty times over. On top of that they could use the online site to answer these questions, but they don't I'm forced to smile to these morons everyday. My boss is crap. I want nothing more than to rip their wind pipe out.
    Whenever I have multiple requests for the same information, I put together a flyer containing the information most likely to be needed. That way I can just give them the printed material and ask them to keep it for future reference.

The 'crap boss' has been an ongoing problem for you for several years as far as I can recall. I remember in another thread that you had spoken to some of the higher up managers and there was a discussion that you should bring your concerns forward on behalf of your staff. It sounds like this hasn't happened yet, but I really think you should pursue this avenue, otherwise your boss keeps getting away with being a d!ck, it creates a morale problem for your entire staff, and it is making you miserable to the point of ripping everyone's throat out. I think that it would be in everyone's best interests, especially your own, to bring a complaint forward. This has been eating you alive and allowing it to continue will just destroy you. You need to feel like you're taking some control to reduce your own anger over the situation. You could talk to your staff about it and involve them in the process. There is strength in numbers. And considering how you have been feeling for the last several years, you really have nothing left to lose.

I do think that some of the problems you are describing here is not that uncommon in the workplace unfortunately. There's a lot of office politics where mediocre bosses treat their staff like crap, but take the credit for their work with upper management. You need to decide that if the problem does not get better if you really want to stay there. If you're looking for alternative employment, there are programs through the YM-YWCA or government sponsored programs that can help you expand your employment options with job searches, training programs, and alternative education and skills development. If there's no Y, your local city hall should have some information to make a referral.

I think more than anything you need to develop a list of possible options and decide upon a plan, whether it is going back to school, seeking other employment, or moving to another area where the employment and quality of life are better than where you are. I remember in another thread where we were looking around at different living areas and you seemed to feel motivated and enthusiastic about that. Maybe we could get back to looking at some similar plans to see what we can find.

In closing, I'm gonna tell ya what I always been tellin' ya, my friend. Part of the reason things seem so terrible right now is the ongoing issue of living with untreated depression. Everything seems pointless and not worth pursuing when you're depressed. You've had a very hard start in your life with an abusive parent and I understand how it affects you and holds you back. I've lived it too. The fact that you're still living under the same roof, in itself, could be holding you back and preventing you from reaching your full potential and actually believing in yourself. I can see where it would certainly be causing anger. Perhaps these could be added to that list of ideas in developing a plan to move forward with your life: securing alternative housing and getting to the heart of the problem by getting treatment for depression. I do hope you'll consider it. You, deserve some happiness after all this time.
    Last edited by Starrunner; 19-Mar-2017 at 04:07.

Star, I'm looking into moving away again.

Looks like it's going to take another whole year before I really could do anything. My car still has that long before I finish paying it off. I'm working on saving on the side while I'm waiting. Some of my money is going to a safe bank I can only access. The more current issue is my situation at work. I've trying banning everyone together against my boss, but their boss believes them over us, so it was DOA.

Still looking for another job with very little to show for it. If I quit I will have to take a cut in pay as well as more or less suffer without income for maybe half a year at the least. So learning to take the constant level of stupidity seems to be the only answer.

When I train a new guy in an exact procedure I first give them a list that explains it all in a step by step outline. I will guide them through it three times max, then after that I tell them to refer to step # whatever. Eventually they stop asking me. If after a few months they are doing the procedure wrong then we know they can't follow directions and should not be kept around.

Well it happened, my boss has alienated someone else. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't the one person who helps me. So now I'm working fulltime no days to myself. I'm not a people person. I'm not. My job requires that I be social. It's already getting on my nerves. Before I could handle working with my staff, but now they're bugging me. I keep seeing a vision of me bashing their heads against a counter top.

Just managing at my local Pizza Hut. I don't get why it's so stressful. It just has been.

Quote Originally Posted by KryanAshford View Post
    Just managing at my local Pizza Hut. I don't get why it's so stressful. It just has been.
    I think that I made it a whole 2-weeks of "making it great"... I clocked-out and wrote my resignation on the back of the slip...

My manager, was pretty temperamental especially, prior to having 3-pints of Pepsi-Cola in the morning... I busted my back-side for that place; then to be insulted and harassed - The manager would try to charge me for needing a visor - when I forgot mine... it seems pretty silly now! lol

Food (and other service) is stressful yet, it's a 'bad' kind of stress... when you can't/don't enjoy anything (about the work or not)...

There are a lot of dynamics involved... no matter which side of management, that you are on!

I found that the most intolerable - was when I wasn't following my-life's path... of course, it can be difficult to figure that one out too!

I did better, prior to that... where one might be "love'n it"...

Find something about it, that you can try to enjoy... getting a bitchy customer or, a late employee or, you're low on Italian-sausage... isn't the end of the world... actually, it's another day at the office...

Say (and mean) "oh-well" and, try better tomorrow!

Something about it obviously is important to you - otherwise... it wouldn't bother you so much...

What about it - is important to you?

My best (and, I'll take a deep-dish, personal-pan, meat-lovers, to-go please),
    -Marka