Thread: anxiety disorder.

Default anxiety disorder.

As you all know, I have anxiety disorder (and depression), I'm just wonder how do you guys and girls cope with anxiety?

My anxiety is mostly visible, ie shakes, muscle twitches, shaky voice etc when it's at the worst, at it's lowest point, it's just minor muscle twitches, worrying about things like leaving my door unlocked or leaving the milk out.

I'm just wondering what are some methods on dealing with panic attacks, I generally cope with them but sometimes i get unexpected ones due to loud bangs etc.

When I'm really anxious, my fingers twitch, like crazy, I often have arm jerks, etc. It's mostly a low or mild most of the time, sometimes it's a high for some unknown reason. I've had times where I've been so anxious i've had vomiting fits etc.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by Binary View Post
    As you all know, I have anxiety disorder, I'm just wonder how do you guys and girls cope with anxiety?

My anxiety is mostly visible, ie shakes, muscle twitches, shaky voice etc when it's at the worst, at it's lowest point, it's just minor muscle twitches, worrying about things like leaving my door unlocked or leaving the milk out.

I'm just wondering what are some methods on dealing with panic attacks, I generally cope with them but sometimes i get unexpected ones due to loud bangs etc.
    Well, considering I have the same problem, I typically just deal with it exactly like you do. I just cope with it o.o. I don't even know if there is anyway else to go about dealing with it.
    I do know whne I have panic attacks I have to lay down and breath in and out quite heavily and tell myself everything is fine and to calm down and relax. Eventually it makes the panic attack go away. Laying on a cold floor seems to work best, not too sure why.

When I have a bad panic attack, I curl up into a ball with my knees by my chest and focus on my breathing. Holding my teddy also seems to help, but that's not always an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been through therapy for anxiety and most of it comes down to Cognitive behavior therapy.

What I do is "grounding" or getting back to real time and looking at what is causing the anxiety. It takes time and patients. One looks for the core belief, what causes the anxiety and "reprograming the core belief to a "positive truth".

I do not remember it I have made a thread on this in the group "School House Rocks: ADISC". If I have not an you would be interested I can dig up my notes from group and make a thread there.

I usually try to call a friend who I feel very comfortable with and they can somewhat talk me down from it, or at least help distract me from what's causing me to panic. I'm also seeing a psychiatrist about it and trying different medications, I'll keep you posted if I find one that works well. Thus far, the only one that has really helped was Klonopin, but I do NOT recommend that because it is severely addictive.

My psychologist says I have generalized anxiety disorder. I wasn't totally sure my anxiety levels were quite high enough to qualify it as a disorder, so we agreed to call it a mild case. Anyway, I can't say I have any specific ways to really help with it. The only times it gets really bad, as in enough to give me twitches and a fast pulse, is if I'm doing something like going to the dentist or a job interview.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaWolfNagihiko View Post
    My psychologist says I have generalized anxiety disorder. I wasn't sure totally sure my anxiety levels were quite high enough to qualify it as a disorder, so we agreed to call it a mild case. Anyway, I can't say I have any specific ways to really help with it. The only times it gets really bad, as in enough to give me twitches and a fast pulse, is if I'm doing something like going to the dentist or a job interview.
    Both of those do it for me too. Or if I'm going in for a medical problem I don't understand. I've had panic attacks that have lasted for days, I've gone up to five days without sleeping. o.o;;