Can people around me hear the crinkle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophiaa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I've almost used all my diapers that i got in my sample pack (i bought two versions of the MyDiaper) and i've been in some situations where i was around my parents.

As they're plastic backed, they do crinkle, more than i thought they would. I sometimes worry that my parents can hear the crinkle, and it's a little awkward. I'm not sure what to do, the MyDiaper is good, holds quite well and the designs are cute (despite the fact that some people say they're copies of other designs).

Any suggestions? I know the general answer is that we're self conscious about it etc, but yea.

Most people won't hear your diaper. If they do hear it, their first thought isn't, "Hey, someone is wearing a diaper." Even if they do think you're diapered, most won't mention it. Now, if it's your parents and you wear around them often they might eventually put 2 and 2 together.

Sophiaa said:
So I've almost used all my diapers that i got in my sample pack (i bought two versions of the MyDiaper) and i've been in some situations where i was around my parents.

As they're plastic backed, they do crinkle, more than i thought they would. I sometimes worry that my parents can hear the crinkle, and it's a little awkward. I'm not sure what to do, the MyDiaper is good, holds quite well and the designs are cute (despite the fact that some people say they're copies of other designs).

Any suggestions? I know the general answer is that we're self conscious about it etc, but yea.

Well there are a few things you can do. you can wear a pair of normal underwear over them, this tends to dampen the crinkle quite a bit; you can wear plastic panties on over the diapers as they tend to be thicker plastic and crinkle less, they also contain the smell of a wet diaper quite well; but the easiest and most effective thing to do is to make sure your diapers are at least a tiny bit wet before being around other people. i have found the area of the diaper that most crinkles is between the legs as you walk, this is also the area which your diapers will start to collect wetness first. As you wet more and more the area warms up the plastic and stretches it taut so it no longer has the slack to crinkle.

I assume for whatever reason, your parrents don't yet know you like to wear diapers. Well, chances are they at least suspect anyways.

Instead of being afraid they will figure it out, why not just tell them? You are an adult now and can choose to wear whatever you want- without having to live with this kind of stress of them finding out.

Regardless though, cutting down on your diaper noise is considerate towards them anyways. I have found the Gary activewear PUL pants work great fir this. They have a nylon outer cover so they are very quiet. Plus, this diaper cover also has a waterproof polyurethane inner lining that will contain any potential leaks (and embarrasing wet spots too).

I've found that wearing elastic bike shorts over a diaper keeps things snug and quiet. Yes, it can trap in heat and in warm weather they can get down right hot. I don't wear them all the time but if I'm going out to play golf or softball, then I will wear them. I wear a disposable as a "diaper liner" under a cloth pull-up diaper with plastic pants. I really don't notice any noise. But just in case, it's nice to know I've got a plan b.

Alternate plan: Add some plastic pants to the mix and double-down on the crinkle! :cool:

If i could do it all over-i'd be wetting my pants, bed, pajamas, etc. CONSTANTLY!
They would've kept me diapered indefinitely!

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SalemRose
I don't really think that anyone can hear your diaper crinkle unless they are real close or it is real quiet, or you have an exceptionally loud diaper with those crinkly peva pants.

They can... if they are looking for it... otherwise they won't even think about it. to put it in perspective I wore some attends waistbands into work tonight which if you arent aware are some of the noisiest diapers around. No one even noticed. People new to diapers don't get it, people in society don't care about diapers as much as Diaper Lovers do, and if they do, 9 times out of 10 they probably have one on.

Let people hear it. Enjoy life, wear thick, noisy diapers, and let your Mom know you need them! It might be really fun

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

I think generally people can't hear you in a normal environment out and about but at home I am sure when the TV goes quiet people are sitting around quietly reading etc you crinkle will be discernible.

Just be cautious if you don't want to get caught ie shuffle your feet to cause a cover noise if you are in a perfect storm of quiet and everyone looking your way.

Otherwise go pants free and hope for comments on how cute you look in your MyDiapers!

The simple answer is "yes"... Especially if you don't do anything too mask it, and wear plastic-backed diapers. They may or may not know WHAT it is, but they will hear it occasionally if you wear 24/7.

Of course, there are plenty of ways, many mentioned above, to mitigate or mask the sound. Boxer-briefs or bike shorts is the easiest. A snug onesie, leotard or even tights is also good. Even less-crinkly plastic or waterfroof pants can work.

Bottom line, if you want to wear plastic-backed diapers around your parents, and you don't want them to hear anything, then you'd better take advantage of one of these solutions...

Last edited:
BritneyShagwell said:
The simple answer is "yes"... Especially if you don't do anything too mask it, and wear plastic-backed diapers. They may or may not know WHAT it is, but they will hear it occasionally if you wear 24/7.

Of course, there are plenty of ways, many mentioned above, to mitigate or mask the sound. Boxer-briefs or bike shorts is the easiest. A snug onesie, leotard or even tights is also good. Even less-crinkly plastic or waterfroof pants can work.

Bottom line, if you want to wear plastic-backed diapers around your parents, and you don't want them to hear anything, then you'd better take advantage of one of these solutions...

Yeah, most people will think that the sound is a receipt in your pocket since the sound is similar to the sound a receipt paper makes crinkling, but if you want to make sure to be stealth something that'll support the diaper in some way will muffle or prevent the crinkling noise.

The only people that have heard my crinkling and made any mention of it was:

1.- A person when I got up from the couch and had to like shuffle past them right in front of their face. They jokingly asked if I was wearing a diaper not expecting the answer to actually be yes.

2.- My mom that already knows I have to wear and was wondering why I was so loud that day (because it was a newly put on diaper)

You as the wearer will definitely hear it a lot louder than other people though.

As mentioned, the fresher the diaper the louder the crinkle. Wearing something over your plastic backed diaper will help a lot. It is always the loudest to you as you are usually the closet to the crinkle. Also older people do not hear as keenly as the young. A young child is more apt to hear the crinkle because of their hearing ability and their head can be at the same level as your crinkling diaper. They are also more likely to question the sound. If total quiet happens, talk a little when moving. Eventually your parents will become aware that you are wearing a diaper. No matter how careful you are, sooner or later a mistake will be made or they will eventually decide they have heard you crinkle. Which is pretty much what others have already mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back