Does what you wore as a baby influence what you wear now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

Quesadilla said:
I've heard it said somewhere that it often happens like that, that a young ABDL wants not necessarily the specific diaper they wore as a child but the diapers the diaper that kids were wearing when they were not. I don't remember my source on that but it's certainly true for me: I remember being very jealous of a few of my friends who had to wear GoodNites when we were kids. It's no surprise at all to me that I'm satisfied with GoodNites as a DL.

I think that comes from one of BitterGrey's surveys. And it seems pretty reasonable. Although some of us (I'm one) can remember being toddlers and wearing diapers, most are more apt to remember diaper-related experiences from shortly after that time, such as seeing younger siblings or friends in diapers. I suppose I'll never know which of those things was the more indicative of my own preferences, as for me the kind of diapers I wore and the kind I saw other kids wearing were the same. I was born in the late 70's, and the dominion of cloth diapers was not yet over. My sister and I were diapered in Curity prefolds, and most of the young kids I knew or met until the early 80's were diapered in the same or similar diapers. My parents also kept our cloth diapers after we were potty-trained, and so sneaking and wearing those was the most obvious way to indulge my diaper desires. And so I did--for nearly a decade.

These days, while I like disposables and keep them around, I still prefer cloth prefolds. And my stash includes a large number of those old Curity baby diapers.

Me and my younger siblings were raised in cloth diapers. When I realised that adult disposable diapers existed, I bought some (age ~22) but always wanted to try cloth.

When I got some cloth diapers, I quite liked them, but... not nearly as much as disposables.

I think most people under 45 were probably raised in disposables, and most adults using diapers go for disposables. I'm not sure there's a strong causal correlation. Disposables are just easier and more convenient. Then again, it makes sense that some people would be drawn to what they wore as a kid.

So... I don't know. Anecdotally, amongst the posts I've read online, a lot of people who wear cloth now wore cloth as a kid. But most people who wore cloth as a kid wear disposables now. :dunno:

Yea but there the best

I wouldn't trade anything for pampeea

Pampers

I think diapers should still plastic baked

I suppose it does. I was disposable all the way as a baby to my knowledge. They might have tried cloth diapers at some point, but if they did, they didn't do it long. I think my preschool/daycare was part of that. I tend to remember they weren't a fan of cloth diapers. I think my sister (older than me) might've been cloth based off of what I saw picture wise. I was also in pull-ups for a while. Messed in those for a while. So in essence yes I do guess it somehwy influences the diapers I wear now. My lack of interest in cloth diapers could be due to my lack of experience in them as well. Although I've been told a many times I should get some cloth diapers I just don't. Good thread BB.

I think it's all in the comfort the protection and designs. I feel really good. The noise don't bother me or anything

Évén though I didn't have baby designs on my Pamers I miss the boxes the should mâke them plastic back again with baby designs and in the original pampers boxrs

I love my cloth prefolds with PUL panties for overnight diaper. Do wear a disposable for daytime,
but prefer cloth overall. That's all there was in the 1940's and rubber pants.

I wore disposables as a kid and I wear disposables now I don't any desire to have cloth diapers. I will wear goodnites because nobody can tell I'm wearing them and it's a bit of a substitute for my thicker disposables. But I do prefer my plastic back disposables and wear any chance that I get.

Kinda. I don't like to wear kid diapers, but I've always had a thing for wetness indicators.

I think so, I use to wear any diaper that fit me, now I specifically look for diapers that are cute, I just ordered another case of sdk's, a case of bellesimos and the new cuddlz all over prints.

To a certain extent.

I'm a bigger guy (6' 0", 165 pounds), so obviously baby diapers and pull ups are out of the question for me. They weren't so much so when I first got into the ABDL lifestyle several years ago. I collect various vintage diaper, Pull Ups and Goodnites designs that were discontinued many moons ago, and find ways to use them on occasion, albeit with some modification these days.

I was a Huggies kid for the most part, except for a brief period after I was born where I was put into cloth diapers. I have a bias towards disposables as a result, and to this day, I prefer disposable ABDL diapers.

(Side note: I've thought about giving cloth a try and maybe using both, but with my current living situation and the fact that my diapers are kinda frowned upon in my house, disposables are just easier for me as well.)

I wore cloth diapers as a child but as an adult only disposables hold any particular appeal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back