DLScottsman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
I got a letter from Kimberly Clark because I had complained about the new cloth backed ones. The letter stated that in mid April they are going back to a plastic backed tape on.
I will still not be buying from Depend any longer because I prefer the better diapers online. Just letting the younger ABDLs.

Really? They said that?

If they are as cheap as they use to be i may buy a pack just for old times sake and to save one diaper for my collection of every diaper I've worn.

If they're at least as good as they were, I'll have use for them. They were right on the bubble of form and function so I'm hopeful but skeptical after their disappointing clothbacked release.

Ha, I called it! Depends caters to the baby boomers more than anyone else. I knew as the baby boomers got older then eventually the cloth backed crap they've wanted wouldn't be enough. Sooner or later their generation would demand plastic backed. And here we are.

Now if only the baby boomers will get to a point where they need good plastic backed diapers.

If this is true, then it gives me some hope yet for the future of plastic backed. Why did Abena keep the plastic M-L4 line the states? Consumer backlash and loss of sales. Why is Depends now doing a 180 on their decision to switch Depends to cloth backed? If this is true then same deal here, consumer backlash and loss of sales. I think plastic backed still has hope left if we just realize just how much power we as consumers have and tap into that. However, the AB/DL market is a small minority niche market, and we can't do this alone. We need to unite with active incontinent people and caregivers and demand more options, and more importantly demand what actually works for us. I can't help but worry about the future of plastic backed, but perhaps the outlook may not be as bleak as I initially thought.

The smart thing to do is offer both kinds. Many do.

I'll believe it when I see it. Also like to see that note. I'd more likely believe they'd let it go the way of boost inserts and undergarments.

If it is consumer complaints and loss of sales , it's the first time this company has actually redacted to the customer , every one of their "improvements" has been a reduction in function or quality ,and it never seemed to phase the corporate mindset of running this product into the ground , it would be really nice if Depend reentered the market with a premium plastic product , they offer them over seas .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

DLScottsman said:
I got a letter from Kimberly Clark because I had complained about the new cloth backed ones. The letter stated that in mid April they are going back to a plastic backed tape on.
I will still not be buying from Depend any longer because I prefer the better diapers online. Just letting the younger ABDLs.

Could you please take a photo of the letter. I need actual proof.

I will see if I can find it again.

Tetra said:
If it is consumer complaints and loss of sales , it's the first time this company has actually redacted to the customer , every one of their "improvements" has been a reduction in function or quality ,and it never seemed to phase the corporate mindset of running this product into the ground , it would be really nice if Depend reentered the market with a premium plastic product , they offer them over seas .

Yeah usually they reacted to us by "erasing negative comments" and blocking people who aren't fans.

Yeah myself and few other people here were using there site back in the day before it was locked down into a completely moderated farce , if you can't say there killing there product openly on there own site ,it's time to leave and we did, you would think they would encourage people to talk trash about there product on there site , instead of openly in the wild , where someone might not be aware of the products "flaws" and be thinking of doing that auto order program , you know fill the customers house with cases of crap before they realize they got sold a bag of lies , but could be a return of the diaper that basicsly created the adult disposable market , Springsteen is playing in my head "Glory days" nah can't be that easy , although I guess if you can't trick customers into buying them and can't give the damn things away it's time to rethink your products suicide plan entirely .

The last time I bought their product it was so bad I sent them a letter telling them I was never buying them again ....

They replied with thank you for your opinion on our product
Enclosed is coupon to say thanks , it was a $5.00 off , if I wasn't so cheap I would have sent them another letter, and they probably would not read that one and send me another $5.00 coupon . Those things are still in my house somewhere if I see them anybody want them for their collection , I think the $5.00 were gold foil paper and the $2.00 are silver foil paper with holograms I think ?

Last edited:
Tetra said:
Yeah myself and few other people here were using there site back in the day before it was locked down into a completely moderated farce , if you can't say there killing there product openly on there own site ,it's time to leave and we did, you would think they would encourage people to talk trash about there product on there site , instead of openly in the wild , where someone might not be aware of the products "flaws" and be thinking of doing that auto order program , you know fill the customers house with cases of crap before they realize they got sold a bag of lies , but could be a return of the diaper that basicsly created the adult disposable market , Springsteen is playing in my head "Glory days" nah can't be that easy , although I guess if you can't trick customers into buying them and can't give the damn things away it's time to rethink your products suicide plan entirely .

The last time I bought their product it was so bad I sent them a letter telling them I was never buying them again ....

They replied with thank you for your opinion on our product
Enclosed is coupon to say thanks , it was a $5.00 off , if I wasn't so cheap I would have sent them another letter, and they probably would not read that one and send me another $5.00 coupon . Those things are still in my house somewhere if I see them anybody want them for their collection , I think the $5.00 were gold foil paper and the $2.00 are silver foil paper with holograms I think ?

I remember they'd remove anything that had the word tena in it, but strangely they actually put the sos brief in their faq at one point for people with incontinence looking for swimwear

Here a idea. Require 2 new Plastic Pants and black light and Plastic back diapers and Cloth back diapers.

Put a plastic back diaper and Plastic pants on. Soak 1 time check Plastic pants with black light. Wet it again check with black light after each time You notice it DRY until the diaper start leaking.

Now do the same thing with Cloth back diapers. First soak you notice plastic pants are damp Scan it with a black light the Urine should glow. Second time it worse.

I do hope that's true. I hate the cloth diapers.

VICTORY!!! Lets hope they are like the 80 to early 90's version with more material and I would consider buying a pack to try them out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back