The Capasity of Goodnites

Status
Not open for further replies.

LennyFace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I understand that Goodnites are not the most absorbent things in the world and the majority of the community don't actually use them, I get that. But it would be interesting to know, specifically, how much they actually hold as I can't seem to find any numbers. Also would be nice to see if those three layers and dual leak guards do any good ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: rainbowrudy
I'll be writing a short review of the new ones, either in the diaper review thread or the new goodnites thread. I'm not doing exact measurements of capacity, but as a rule they can hold one full adult sized wetting as long as you don't flood too fast.

It's five layers (not 3), and look for the NEW GOODNITES!!! thread. I posted a review and picture comparisons there. The reviews are coming in and both I and Skwizzy think the new ones are MUCH better. As for absorption measurements, they can be super inaccurate. The inaccuracy comes in test differences. Are you testing with compression, submersion, pouring, real life tests, or something else? Absorption is just a personal thing. Personally, I like to feel the wetness, but not too much, so the abriforms and the Pullups aren't good. I find cheap adult diapers or Goodnites are my thing, which is nice because I save some money

Reactions: Deleted member 74558
If I had to guess I'd say probably about 16-20oz at most.

LennyFace said:
I understand that Goodnites are not the most absorbent things in the world and the majority of the community don't actually use them, I get that. But it would be interesting to know, specifically, how much they actually hold as I can't seem to find any numbers. Also would be nice to see if those three layers and dual leak guards do any good ;)

No measurements, but in a real-life test, new Girls' L/XL Goodnites (five layers, dual leak guards) failed to contain ONE heavy adult wetting, even released slowly. For fairness, I remained fully "tucked" to ensure that the wetness hit the main target area. It wicked almost completely front-to-back, then leaked out of both thighs. After removal, there was a standing puddle of an ounce or two in the crotch.

Again, in fairness, I am a heavy wetter by nature, and I thought it was going to work for a minute :)

I'd say they are good for 1-2 light wettings, possibly 3, but I'd be careful moving around...

Skwuzzy said:
I'll be writing a short review of the new ones, either in the diaper review thread or the new goodnites thread. I'm not doing exact measurements of capacity, but as a rule they can hold one full adult sized wetting as long as you don't flood too fast.
Can't wait for that review :eek:

Goodnites generally hold 3-4 wettings for me. I don't drink a lot since I'm stuck in a dungeon. If they don't hold enough for you, then A) your way to big for them B) Stop drinking so much.

• Haha
Reactions: rainbowrudy
MickeyM said:
Goodnites generally hold 3-4 wettings for me. I don't drink a lot since I'm stuck in a dungeon. If they don't hold enough for you, then A) your way to big for them B) Stop drinking so much.
I pretty much agree 100%... I knew that A) I am a bit on the "big side" of the spectrum, and B) For several reasons, I drink a LOT... I was just trying to contribute to the conversation, and provide a point of reference :)

LOL. A good 99% of all adults are too big for goodnites. Sure many still try and can squeeze into one, but they still don't have a proper fit.

And advising people to drink so little water just so they can pee in one is horrible advice. It in NOT healthy to purposely dehydrate yourself. Especially that much.

I only drink soda, I generally only drink 3 cans a day, a goodnite can handle that easily. I've been that way for ever, and I'm, fine. So no, its not unhealthy. I drink exactly as much as my body tells me to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back