Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The Capasity of Goodnites

  1. #1

    Question The Capasity of Goodnites

    I understand that Goodnites are not the most absorbent things in the world and the majority of the community don't actually use them, I get that. But it would be interesting to know, specifically, how much they actually hold as I can't seem to find any numbers. Also would be nice to see if those three layers and dual leak guards do any good
    Last edited by LennyFace; 14-Mar-2017 at 14:02.

  2. #2

    Default

    I'll be writing a short review of the new ones, either in the diaper review thread or the new goodnites thread. I'm not doing exact measurements of capacity, but as a rule they can hold one full adult sized wetting as long as you don't flood too fast.

  3. #3

    Default

    It's five layers (not 3), and look for the NEW GOODNITES!!! thread. I posted a review and picture comparisons there. The reviews are coming in and both I and Skwizzy think the new ones are MUCH better. As for absorption measurements, they can be super inaccurate. The inaccuracy comes in test differences. Are you testing with compression, submersion, pouring, real life tests, or something else? Absorption is just a personal thing. Personally, I like to feel the wetness, but not too much, so the abriforms and the Pullups aren't good. I find cheap adult diapers or Goodnites are my thing, which is nice because I save some money

  4. #4

    Default

    If I had to guess I'd say probably about 16-20oz at most.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by LennyFace View Post
    I understand that Goodnites are not the most absorbent things in the world and the majority of the community don't actually use them, I get that. But it would be interesting to know, specifically, how much they actually hold as I can't seem to find any numbers. Also would be nice to see if those three layers and dual leak guards do any good
    No measurements, but in a real-life test, new Girls' L/XL Goodnites (five layers, dual leak guards) failed to contain ONE heavy adult wetting, even released slowly. For fairness, I remained fully "tucked" to ensure that the wetness hit the main target area. It wicked almost completely front-to-back, then leaked out of both thighs. After removal, there was a standing puddle of an ounce or two in the crotch.

    Again, in fairness, I am a heavy wetter by nature, and I thought it was going to work for a minute

    I'd say they are good for 1-2 light wettings, possibly 3, but I'd be careful moving around...

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Skwuzzy View Post
    I'll be writing a short review of the new ones, either in the diaper review thread or the new goodnites thread. I'm not doing exact measurements of capacity, but as a rule they can hold one full adult sized wetting as long as you don't flood too fast.
    Can't wait for that review

  7. #7

    Default

    Goodnites generally hold 3-4 wettings for me. I don't drink a lot since I'm stuck in a dungeon. If they don't hold enough for you, then A) your way to big for them B) Stop drinking so much.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
    Goodnites generally hold 3-4 wettings for me. I don't drink a lot since I'm stuck in a dungeon. If they don't hold enough for you, then A) your way to big for them B) Stop drinking so much.
    I pretty much agree 100%... I knew that A) I am a bit on the "big side" of the spectrum, and B) For several reasons, I drink a LOT... I was just trying to contribute to the conversation, and provide a point of reference

  9. #9

    Default

    LOL. A good 99% of all adults are too big for goodnites. Sure many still try and can squeeze into one, but they still don't have a proper fit.

    And advising people to drink so little water just so they can pee in one is horrible advice. It in NOT healthy to purposely dehydrate yourself. Especially that much.

  10. #10

    Default

    I only drink soda, I generally only drink 3 cans a day, a goodnite can handle that easily. I've been that way for ever, and I'm, fine. So no, its not unhealthy. I drink exactly as much as my body tells me to.

Similar Threads

  1. Least Capacity Diaper?
    By TwinArchs in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 26-Feb-2017, 20:59
  2. Capacity
    By Walak in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-Nov-2015, 03:22
  3. capacity tests
    By bambinod in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-Jul-2014, 08:45
  4. Bladder capacity
    By ricky in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-Sep-2008, 18:04
  5. Dry24/7 capacity?
    By tdlrfootedpjs in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28-Aug-2008, 11:04

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.