• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprinkles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I really love cheese! But if I had to narrow it down Colby is my favorite.

How can you narrow it down?! A few of my favourites are:

Havarti,
Yarg,
Gruyère,
Comté,
Aged Red Leicester,
Shropshire Blue,
Emmental,
Gorgonzola,
Halloumi,
Blue Stilton,
Cornish Brie,
Raclette,
Manchego...

Mmmm.... I really, really want some cheese now!

Ya, it's really hard to narrow this down because I feel like the best type of cheese depends on what you are using it for or what you are in the mood for.
Every single cheese in this poll is a cheese I really like a lot.

For Mac and Cheese, I like to use Pepper Jack mostly. But I do tend to alternate the type of cheese I use for a different variation.
For an Italian sandwich of some type, Provolone or Mozzarella tend to be the ones I use.
For a corned beef sandwich, I tend to use Swiss. (Essentially a Reuben sandwich.)
To eat cheese just alone, I tend to like a variety. Muenster is pretty delicious though and love it for its creamy taste and texture.
Cheam cheese on bagels is just to die for. I really love cream cheese and I also love cheesecake.
Cottage cheese is pretty awesome too and I like to eat it plain most of the time. Though it's also good in lasagna but I prefer Ricotta.
Pizza is similar to Mac and Cheese for me, it's great with all sorts of variations.
Salads, I feel it depends on the type but cheese is always really good in just about any variety of salad.

The only reason I chose Colby above the rest is because I perceive it as being flexible enough for most meals I like. Otherwise, I really can't choose either.

tiny said:
In the poll, "Swiss" cheese is a bit ambiguous. Gruyère, Emmental and Raclette are all Swiss, but so very deliciously different. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Swiss_cheeses

Interesting. I didn't know that. Can you tell it's not my favorite? :p Guess all "Swiss" cheese lovers can unite on that option.

While I have a preference, I honestly use different cheeses for different things. I tend to use provolone on non-melted sandwiches, mozzarella on melted sandwiches, and usually a variety of at least 2-3 cheeses together for Mac & Cheese (last time it was White Cheddar & Colby-Jack.)

tiny said:
How can you narrow it down?! A few of my favourites are:

Havarti,
Yarg,
Gruyère,
Comté,
Aged Red Leicester,
Shropshire Blue,
Emmental,
Gorgonzola,
Halloumi,
Blue Stilton,
Cornish Brie,
Raclette,
Manchego...

Mmmm.... I really, really want some cheese now!

Have you ever seen the Monty Python routine where one of them is trying to order a specific cheese at a specialty cheese shop? This thread and you with your list reminded me of how funny that was.

dogboy said:
Have you ever seen the Monty Python routine where one of them is trying to order a specific cheese at a specialty cheese shop? This thread and you with your list reminded me of how funny that was.

Cheese Shop!

"Tell me, do you in fact have any cheese at all?"
"Yes."
"You do?"
"No. Not a scrap. I was deliberately wasting your time."

John Cleese + Michael Palin = genius comedy [emoji854]

These are not even real cheeses!!!!!!!!!

Brie???? I mean ... that's a decent cheese category!

Switzeland makes some reasonable cheeses, I mean what would life be without Gruyere?

But of course that's like saying 'Spanish cheese' - the amazing range from Manchego to Tetilla (a cheese of much appeal to ABs as it is literally 'little teat' cheese).

No.

If you love cheese there can be only one true cheese.

Epoisse.

The king of cheese.

I mean a California Red Hawk is one thing, but... Epoisse, that's the epitome, the god of cheeses! If you have not tried it...

Ugh.

Now I'm hungry...

dogboy said:

Ha ha! I hadn't seen it, but I have now! :-D

AdorableRabbit said:
Epoisse.

The king of cheese.

Oooh -- I've not come across that before! I shall have to hunt some down! :)

Maxx said:
I don't have a favorite cheese.

I do have a 'not' favorite: Parmesan. Smell and taste reminds me of baby puke.

Ha ha -- yeah, baby puke mixed with sweaty feet! Fortunately I have a terrible sense of smell, and Parmesan just tastes so good on pasta!

Lancashire, naturally.
(I can sniff my socks for the other varieties)

I am a cheese monster , the cookie monsters relatively unknown cousin
I absolutely love and can not live without extra sharp Cheddar ,but will say I have no less than 10 kinds of cheese on hand at all times , I refuse to buy crap like kraft Parsesan shake cheese because it's mostly sawdust and salt , I but the whole cheese and shave or grate as needed. And my cheese draw has everything from Feta to Provolone in it , I have not found any food that can't be made better with cheddar including fried rice , for pasta I usually grate Parsesan, Romano, and cheddar , I also frequently make a multi cheese cream sauce to put on everything from gnocchi to ravioli .

The cheese that I like to eat is entirely dependent on the food that I am eating. It is interesting how different cheese can totally change the flavor of the same dish.

And again a smoked cheese is so different from the original.

Oh yes , I cold smoke my own cheddar and provolone , the only cheese I have found I don't really care for is Ghetost , my Mom and grandparents ate a ton of that stuff , they would have afternoon tea and eat the cheese with rye crisps and pickled herring, I never developed a taste for either herring or Ghetost . Just about any other cheese can not be left safely with me if you ever wanna see it again!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Parmesan for my even love it on pizza but also very partial to Mersey Valley particularly if it has pickled onion in it.

So what cheese is best for grilled cheese sandwiches? I prefer cheddar but will sometimes add mozzarella or Colby for extra flavor.

Mozzarella all day, baby!

Though when I make a quesadilla, I go for Mexican blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back