Not open for further replies.

Angellothefox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
First off NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No
no no no no noonoonoo noonoo noo!
I'm I starting RP I am just disusing the topic.

Now in genral since they are Teenage Babies in the fandom and probably some more younger once at like diapers. Urrgh...

I want to talk about the subject of people who are under the age of 18 role playing diaper role play or DRP?

So what are your thoughts. To be fair I already do this with a few furs from babyfur me but I want to hear your side. Is it accseptable to diaper rp with someone who is bellow that 18 age rating or should it not be done?

I would not do that- that's my opinion but it all depends on you after all. If you talk with him/them about sexual side of the topic then I recommend you to stop and maybe proceed once they are adults. I believe you talk to almost-adult (16-18yo) who are capable of sexual act but it's still illegal... I personally joined adisc once I turned 18.

Imagine his parents find out that their child talks to some pervert (They wouldn't understand and never would want). They would at the worst sue you and you would be screwed.
Ok, I admit I'm overthinking but If I had been in such a situation I would immediately stop. Well I would never start in the first place.

I personally believe it goes against our bill of rights to discriminate based on someones age- because it it.

I do not find it acceptable, considering the connotations that go along with being a "dl" or diaper Lover.

Why do you need to involve people under the ages of 18 exactly?

Am I missing something here?

Have a good lawyer on retainer.

I'm sure it would depend on what is said during the role play, but once it drifts into something sexual, ...yeah, get a good lawyer. It's not a position I would ever put myself in. It's not worth it in any way one might look at it, and what's the reward? Ten years in prison if something got really out of hand?

Sexual or not, you are risking a lengthy prison sentence and a life sentence on the sexual predator list. Inappropriate contact with a minor is not acceptable.

As long as it's strictly fictional roleplay and you don't do stuff like exchanging personal details, photos or contact information with eachother, I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be an issue. That said, going to a site where people under 18 are allowed and doing fetish (no, nobody cares about any "ackshually, it's a lifestyle!" retorts you might make. You know who you are.) roleplay there likely breaks the rules of that site. Of course, it's common knowledge that 18+ rules never stop anyone who's underage but interested in joining a site from doing so, but if you keep ABDL roleplay to 18+ sites like you should, you can't run into any legal issues even in the extremely unlikely case someone were to try causing trouble over you roleplaying with someone who turned out to be underage, since the fault would be with them for going to an 18+ site to begin with.

Even if I liked that kind of roleplaying, I can't see any way in which I'd find it okay to do with someone under 18. Although the ABDL thing is sexual for me, I'm perfectly capable of keeping the two apart when necessary. That is not an adequate defense. When conversing with a minor, I think it's prudent to expect that anything you say could be read by a parent or later by law enforcement or a media outlet and we can't rely on there being adequate context even if what you were doing was as pure as the driven snow.

I was willing to take that risk talking to ABDL minors about real problems and even then, there were things I wouldn't discuss. This is just a catastrophe waiting to happen and what is the benefit in the first place? There are plenty of grown adults who like weird roleplay. Play with them.

Role-playing with the topic of Diaper Lover/ing, Teenage Babies, with teens under the age of 18?
I don't have any experience with legal stuff.

I'd say it would be illegal.

If you want to roleplay with someone under the age of 18 (Let's call this person 'X'), if the roleplay DOES NOT include anything SEXUAL, then I do believe it is legal. Asking if it is acceptable is a different question all together because you are asking someone about their moral views and moral views has nothing to do with the Law (Insert Judge Dredd here.)

Strictly speaking, writing and roleplaying that include under-age characters is legal because it is a form of speech which is protected under the First Amendment, which, to my surprise, doesn't ONLY protect negative views against the government to be spoken freely without fear of being arrested.

Roleplaying with anyone under the age of 18 (or consent based on where they live (It's different world-wide but the majority is 16-18 years old)) is fine. Roleplaying with the intent of including sexual nature with someone under the age of 18, in my opinion, would be illegal.

Truth be told, if you rp in Discord, I doubt anyone would really care unless their parents found out and 'X' is 14 years old. Then the parents could potentially, given that you gave your information with them and asked for something in forms of pictures or sexual content in return, charge you with Child Exploitation. Having a Sex-Offender charge under your belt is the fastest way to royally screw your life over. Add the fact that it was charged because it included sexual stuff with a minor, Life is over for you.

I wouldn't do it if I were you. That's a touchy subject. There's a lot to lose and, quite frankly, you could get more experienced and elaborate RP's from people over the age of 18.

Last edited:
Uh, overreact much? The last time I checked it was NOT illegal to engage in a conversation with someone under 18. As long as sex and anything else innaoropriate stays out if that conversation there is no need to be afraid of the law or need to retain a lawyer.

your right, not illegal..as long as it does not involve anything remotely sexual. Paraphernalia of a widely known sexual interest regardless of whether it is sexual to you, counts in the eager to judge eyes of society, if not within the mind of some who treat "Abdl" as a non-sexual based interest.

If someone that categorizes themselves as a diaper lover/adult baby however, and they are engaging in role play centered around or involving paraphernalia that could be construed as sexual to them, it is another case entirely.

so by anything else inappropriate, you would need to include any of the trappings of the abdl lifestyle for starters..

If i had children, and I found them to be conversing and role playing about abdl related things with an unknown entity online, I would have a discussion with my children, explaining the dangers of online predators, and then I suppose I would report the culprit to any authorities I could find. If I see someone online taking an interest in my child's body or sexual interests, or if I even think someone is conversing with them in a way that is being used to fuel sexual appetites, I would be livid and take action.

you may have innocent intentions, but when it's my child, I err on the side of caution.

I have to ask again, why it needs to be individuals who are under 18 that you role play with, when there is an abundance of consenting adults available?

I guess I'm beating a dead horse here, and not going to change opinions.
however you SHOULD know that, the youth's parents hopefully, will have the outlook as to what to do about the situation, as I do, when they find out..

((and this is coming from a fellow Abdl, just imagine what someone outside this interest would think))

Last edited:
Slomo said:
Uh, overreact much? The last time I checked it was NOT illegal to engage in a conversation with someone under 18. As long as sex and anything else innaoropriate stays out if that conversation there is no need to be afraid of the law or need to retain a lawyer.

Ya, sorry to break this to you Slomo, AB/DL is heavily associated with being a sexual fetish. I know it's not sexual for everyone, but how are you going to judge who it's sexual for and who it's not? How are the authorties going to uphold the law if a sexual predator can just say, "oh, it's not sexual."

Interacting with a minor with anything that can be questionable you should avoid from doing. It's not only in yours and the minor's best interest, but society as a whole as it just helps to create one less hole in the system and makes it easier for the authorities to do their job rather than faffing around with who it's sexual for and who it's not.

i did it I made sure they were under a age that I was comfortable doing it with I am online aware so I do check as much as I can

I don't know whether it would be illegal, but engaging in ABDL roleplay with a minor, even online, could seem pretty creepy to a lot of people.

Role-play isn't my thing, but back when under-18s were allowed on ADISC, I'd only ever respond to them in a "responsible adult" role. I think it's really important that children have good role-models. And I think that any kind of kinky/fetishy/weird roleplay would get dangerously close to crossing the line. You have to ask yourself what you're getting out of the roleplay. Things don't have to be explicitly "sexual" to be inappropriate.

I think it's fine for adults and children to communicate with each other, but as the adult, you have a great responsibility to set a good example. If there's any doubt whatsoever, I'd err on the side of caution.

Just my two-penneth :twocents:

MarchinBunny said:
Ya, sorry to break this to you Slomo, AB/DL is heavily associated with being a sexual fetish. I know it's not sexual for everyone, but how are you going to judge who it's sexual for and who it's not? How are the authorties going to uphold the law if a sexual predator can just say, "oh, it's not sexual."

Interacting with a minor with anything that can be questionable you should avoid from doing. It's not only in yours and the minor's best interest, but society as a whole as it just helps to create one less hole in the system and makes it easier for the authorities to do their job rather than faffing around with who it's sexual for and who it's not.

Really? This again. So by your reasoning any person who loves someone else strictly has a fetish. Oh, and any display or talk of that love is also strictly sexual too. Uh, or not.

Ok, lets sum it up again for you. Diaper fetishes are a fetish. DL is diaper love, and AB is adult baby.

Up to your post, everyone has been debating about ABDL roleplay being ok or not, with everyone being in agreement that any diaper fetish roleplay absolutely is not ok.

There's how you judge or determine if it's sexual or not. The line is pretty clear here regardless if you or some random judge may or may not fully understand it.

Slomo said:
Really? This again. So by your reasoning any person who loves someone else strictly has a fetish. Oh, and any display or talk of that love is also strictly sexual too. Uh, or not.
I already explained to you once already why you are wrong with your definition of DL. You don't seem to understand that just because the word lover in in the dang term doesn't mean that is what it strictly means. If you look up the defintion anywhere on the net you are going to come across the word fetish whether you like it or not. I am sorry, but that is just the reality of the situation. Seriously, end of story.

Ok, lets sum it up again for you. Diaper fetishes are a fetish. DL is diaper love, and AB is adult baby.
No ... you are wrong. Look it up anywhere on the net and you will see diaper lover is associated with being a fetish. This isn't according to me, this is according to society. That is how the word is used. That is how it's viewed. Just because you don't want it to be that way, doesn't actually change it.

Honestly, I can't beleive you don't understand this. I want you to do a little exercise for me which I doubt you will do, but I might as well say it to prove a point.
Go around and ask people who are not AB/DL if they know what a diaper lover is and take a tally on how many times the word fetish is used. I would be pretty curious to find out the results lol.
Although, im certain about half way through you will realize the majority of people outside of being AB/DL, will associate with it being a fetish because that is how the word is used. Understand? Do you get it yet?

Edit: Honestly, I am getting tired of having to explain to you that your use of the word isn't how society uses the word. I feel like this entire conversation is pointless till you begin to use the word in a manner that everyone uses it in, isntead of assuming your brain is an official dictionary and the sole proprietor on the definition of diaper lover.

I think it's also sad you don't seem to understand that terms don't always specifically mean what it sounds like. Do you think golden showers are made of actual gold?

Also, just because you know not all diaper lovers are into it as a fetish, do you really expect everyone outside of being AB/DL to know that? You have to learn to step in other peoples shoes. If they don't know, then they don't know. It doesn't matter what you think. They still don't know. You know what people do when they don't know? They make assumptions, and it doesn't matter what you say. Telling them you are not a pedophile isn't going to save you. This is common sense Slomo. Obviously people are going to get the wrong impression, and you know what ... they have every right to be woried. What is a grown man doing playing with underage kids to begin with? Why does it have to be anyone below the age of 18?

I mean seriously, common dude. I wouldn't even be caught dead playing hide and seek with anyone underage, let alone role playing about diapers and shit.

Last edited:
Slomo said:

Up to your post, everyone has been debating about ABDL roleplay being ok or not, with everyone being in agreement that any diaper fetish roleplay absolutely is not ok.

There's how you judge or determine if it's sexual or not. The line is pretty clear here regardless if you or some random judge may or may not fully understand it.

I'd suggest you discuss with your own lawyer whether you personally on this thread (or other forums) should continue to advocate the discussion and/or role-play of any ABDL themes and topics with minors.

I'm no expert in the law, but I imagine there can be very serious real world consequences not just for engaging in that behvaiour, put potentially even for advocating it. Whether you agree agree with it or not, or how ironclad you feel your logic to be, it is precisely the ABDL-uneducated, undoubtedly biased, looking for re-election from a bigoted public, and ultimately very human opinion, of 'some random judge' that carries the most weight.

I would also recommend that you cease to advocate it publicly in this forum lest ADISC be seen as a safe haven for those encouraging / excusing inappropriate contact with minors online. I'm anxious that we've left this thread open at all, though I'm happy that for the most part the community response has been a clear an consistent rejection.

Personally I would say one should never, never, never, NEVER, do any kind of ABDL roleplay (or really any power dynamic or D/S play) with a minor, no matter how non-sexual you are intending or perceiving it to be. Frankly it seems very clearly unethical - there's more kinds of abuse than just sexual, even with consenting adults it's a thing to be very very careful with.

Even counseling minors WRT to ABDL issues is highly problematic (as others have stated), and I think the safest and wisest policy is to direct the minor in question to trusted and safe adults and counseling (assuming parents are not it).

The issue is not the terms ABDL, and if people are aware of them or what they mean.

Essentially, the term ABDL, even in the context of AB and DL, is construed as sexual, given any internet searching.

Now, your argument slomo, If i am correct, is that AB role play, does not need to be explicitly sexual? that it can be innocent, and not bother parents or their children?

I know that Michael Jackson, also endeavored to enlighten the "ignorant" about "innocent" interactions with children, It did not turn out very well for him.

NOR will it turn out very well for anyone who is looking to do the same, regardless of your true intentions.

not only will parents be alarmed regarding any adult baby OR diaper lover play. If the media got ahold of it, it would be sensational.

at the end of the day, we are left with the question of:

"why was this individual roleplaying with someone under the age of 18?"

It's an area that needs to be given a wide berth, despite best intentions, because it is so sensitive a topic.

unfortunately, the world is all too eager to assign blame and pass judgment, again the Michael Jackson scenario.

for instance, let us assume that you have an innocent enough interest in pretending your a puppy.

the fact that there is a rather large community, revolving around puppy play, anyone on the outside looking in on your role playing, will associate the two.

essentially, just because you yourself claim it is not sexual on any level (for you), there is a majority of worldly evidence working against you in the public eye.

The public eye, the parents of the youth, and the court system will not be willing to bend over backwards to see things from your perspective, or mine word interpretations. they are going to react as most on this thread already have.

I think you put it quite well when you said:
Angellothefox said:
First off NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No
no no no no noonoonoo noonoo noo!

There are plenty of adult-only places where you can roleplay, if that's what you like. Why bother to tread so close to the line?

It's not worth risking your behaviour being called into question, and it's certainly not worth any risk (real or imagined) that you might be "corrupting the youth".

You're a grown man, and part of being "grown up" means that you have to be responsible. Children (and even adult teenagers) can be vulnerable. Somehow I suspect that kids with ABDL tendencies may be more vulnerable than most. I think it might well not be in the child's best interests if adults were to... involve them in their fantasies.

Sorry -- I don't mean to come across harshly, as I don't think you have any bad intentions.

Perhaps you remember what it was like to be a child, and to have the strange feelings you had towards diapers, and you want to welcome and reassure kids who are trying to come to terms with the same thing themselves. Maybe you want to give them the acceptance you felt like you didn't have.

But I don't think that role-play is the mature and responsible way to help them. I think it's fine to counsel children, and to engage in "normal" conversation. And if they want to role-play being "little", then... the best you can do would be to direct them towards somewhere "safe" where they can role-play with their peers.

TL;DR: I would stay well away from any kind of online role-play with under-18s!

Reactions: AdorableRabbit
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back