Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Due to my endless curiosity I have a question. Who wears more? DLs and ABs who live alone, or the others who have roommates or still live with parents. I for example only wear some time to time. Even when I feel like wearing almost daily. I buy to packs of diapers at a time that last almost 6 months.

Sorry for posting so much but I need a detraction from life

Well I would assume that ABs and Dls who live alone would typically wear more, just because they have the freedom to.

I agree with Carlson. I've never worn due to still living with my family.

Alone for the last ten years and have worn near every day. I've never lived with an ABDL accepting person so whenever I have shared my life with another my diaper wearing was infrequent and in secret.

I have an accepting wife so I wear every night and a couple days a week when I can stay home all day. I'm not sure that helps much. Mostly it comes down to opportunity and desire. There may be some people who live alone but may not want to wear all the time. They may have a job 5 days a week were it would be highly impracticable to wear. They may also be tired or have other things to do when they return home. There are all sorts of variables here.

Yeah, I'd imagine that goes to people who live alone. I'm so envious of them! I still live with my parents and a brother and sister, so in order for me to be diapered, I have to do so in the privacy of my incredibly small room. I hate being cooped up in there all the time - really wish I could just romp around the house in a diaper without anyone caring. Someday I'll fly free from the next, and when I do, it really will be a glorious day indeed. :eek:

You pose an excellent question and I look forward to reading the discussion that follows. Personally, I wore more when I lived alone than when I lived with fellow ab/dls. The desire to wear is always with me, but is usually not strong enough to actually wear

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

bigbluehusky said:
You pose an excellent question and I look forward to reading the discussion that follows.

Really? It's not a stupid question, but it's sure an abvious one... Unless you're medically required to wear diapers, almost everyone who lives with someone else has to at least sometimes NOT wear diapers in deferrence to somebody else's feelings, over concerns of being "discovered", because of feelings of shame/guilt/embarassment, etc... Living with somebody who is 100% supportive of the AB and/or DL lifestyle is clearly the exception, not the rule.

So, of COURSE if you live alone, and DON'T have to worry about somebody else's feelings, don't have to worry about being discovered, etc... you wear more often. Sure, there are exceptions, and we envy them, but anybody who spends any time on an AB/DL board or forum know that's what they are, exceptions.

There are tons of reasons why a "real" AB/DL might choose NOT to wear diapers. Living alone negates about 95% of them. About the only reasons an AB/DL who lives alone doesn't wear diapers as often as they want to are cost and convenience/hassle/comfort. When you live with somebody, you DON'T wear all of the times you want to for LOTS of reasons. When you live alone, there are VERY few reasons left not to wear any time you want to... The end result? People who live alone indulge themselves more. Shocker.

If it isn't patently obvious, I wore rarely when I lived with wife/family. Now that my kids are grown and I've separated from my wife, I wear much, MUCH more often, normally 24/7. What a surprise. Discussion?

PS... Absolutely nobody wears MORE diapers "because" they are with somebody. All of the answers will be either "My partner/wife/roommate accepts me, so it wouldn't change if I was alone.", or, "Yeah, I wear more now that I live alone...". There's not going to be anybody saying, "My wife just LOVES diapering me so much, she diapers me even when I don't want it... Hell, I diaper MYSELF just to make HER happpy.. I would NEVER wear diapers so often if she didn't make me wear them!". If there is, I'm calling BS on it in advance :)

Last edited:
My sister and her boyfriend lived with me, I would have more of a urge to wear though almost never wore. Now if im having a stress full day, its daipers when I go to bed.

This question has many different variables.

Stress level.
Opportunity.
Accepting partners.
Supply
Desire control.
Self acceptance.
and of course need.

The answer can be different for everyone depending on their situation.
Some who wears for desire can match that of a person who needs. A bedwetter could match that of a AB who wants to wear for comfort. It all depends purely on the people in question.

KryanAshford said:
This question has many different variables.

Stress level.
Opportunity.
Accepting partners.
Supply
Desire control.
Self acceptance.
and of course need.

The answer can be different for everyone depending on their situation.
Some who wears for desire can match that of a person who needs. A bedwetter could match that of a AB who wants to wear for comfort. It all depends purely on the people in question.

No it doesn't... You posed a question with two variables. Living with people or without people. All things being equal, people will indulge in their own desires more if they only have themselves and their feelings to worry about. It's human nature. If you live alone, you get to be more selfish. If you don't live alone, you modify your behavior to take other's feelings and needs into account. This is not a complicated question.

If you want to include all of those "variables" into the equation, you can, but the over-arching principle remains. People who want to wear diapers but don't generally don't because of the people they live with. With that concern gone, living alone, they are free to wear whenever they want, so they generally do. It's not really any more complex than that. The biggest single reason that AB/DLs don't wear is fear of "discovery". The second biggest reason is that their spouse/partner is aware, but either isn't "into" it all that much/often, doesn't understand it, or absolutely forbids it. Living alone changes all that.

Like I said above, there is virtually no realistic scenario whereby living with someone increases the amount of diapers that YOU wear. On the other hand, there are a plethora of scenarios where living alone would lead to increased diaper wear. At most, there would be no change, if, and only if your living partner(s) were 100% supportive. So the answer to your question is pretty obvious... Who wears diapers more, people who live with someone, or people who live alone? The answer is pretty much always going to be "people who live alone". Occasionally, it might be, "no difference", but it's pretty much never going to be, "people who live with someone". It's just not. Anybody who has dealt with this knows this as common sense.

BritneyShagwell said:
PS... Absolutely nobody wears MORE diapers "because" they are with somebody. All of the answers will be either "My partner/wife/roommate accepts me, so it wouldn't change if I was alone.", or, "Yeah, I wear more now that I live alone...". There's not going to be anybody saying, "My wife just LOVES diapering me so much, she diapers me even when I don't want it... Hell, I diaper MYSELF just to make HER happpy.. I would NEVER wear diapers so often if she didn't make me wear them!". If there is, I'm calling BS on it in advance :)
I agree completely with your reasoning. However, I have to say that the scenario you describe here sounds pretty awesome. :laugh:

When I was in college I wore a few times a week and I loved it but now living at home again I can't do that. I'm looking to get a higher paying job soon and I desperately want to move out on my own.

I'd expect the vast majority of ABDLs living alone would wear more. That said, before I developed my capacity for wearing 24/7, I didn't wear a lot. Although I do enjoy varying periods of extended wearing, I also enjoy not wearing. The only thing that could make me want to wear more is positive reinforcement from someone around a lot. I don't expect to wind up voluntarily living with someone who isn't supportive, so it seems quite possible to me that if that ever happens, I might wind up wearing more.

BritneyShagwell said:
Really? It's not a stupid question, but it's sure an abvious one... Unless you're medically required to wear diapers, almost everyone who lives with someone else has to at least sometimes NOT wear diapers in deferrence to somebody else's feelings, over concerns of being "discovered", because of feelings of shame/guilt/embarassment, etc... Living with somebody who is 100% supportive of the AB and/or DL lifestyle is clearly the exception, not the rule.

So, of COURSE if you live alone, and DON'T have to worry about somebody else's feelings, don't have to worry about being discovered, etc... you wear more often. Sure, there are exceptions, and we envy them, but anybody who spends any time on an AB/DL board or forum know that's what they are, exceptions.

There are tons of reasons why a "real" AB/DL might choose NOT to wear diapers. Living alone negates about 95% of them. About the only reasons an AB/DL who lives alone doesn't wear diapers as often as they want to are cost and convenience/hassle/comfort. When you live with somebody, you DON'T wear all of the times you want to for LOTS of reasons. When you live alone, there are VERY few reasons left not to wear any time you want to... The end result? People who live alone indulge themselves more. Shocker.

If it isn't patently obvious, I wore rarely when I lived with wife/family. Now that my kids are grown and I've separated from my wife, I wear much, MUCH more often, normally 24/7. What a surprise. Discussion?

I'm not sure why you think otherwise, I'm not trying to start things, I am genuinely interested in reading the thoughts of my fellow ab/dl. Thanks for starting my morning off well by the way.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

bigbluehusky said:
I'm not sure why you think otherwise, I'm not trying to start things, I am genuinely interested in reading the thoughts of my fellow ab/dl. Thanks for starting my morning off well by the way.
I'm pretty sure I explained exactly why I think otherwise, at length... twice. You're very welcome :)

I'm not going to clutter up the OP's topic re-stating what I've already said. I'm not trying to "start things", either. It just amazed me that somebody thought this question needed to be asked, and that somebody else thought it was an "interesting" question. I'm done, I've said my piece, stated my position, and I won't bother you or the OP in this topic anymore :)

Last edited:
I'd say alone as well. I've seen a LOT of post from AB/DL's who were absolutely terrified of their roommate/fiance/spouse finding out they like to wear diapers. Even as an AB/DL they would severely limit how often they would wear out of this fear. There are also more than enough AB/DL's who have told their significant other, and while it was mostly accepted they still wear less often out of respect for that person, or otherwise were told to be discrete with them.

As someone living alone, you wouldn't have these same fears or limitations and would be able to wear much more often. Alternatively, if they were able to only get in with someone that was able to accept them for who they are, then this would also allow for for wearing a diaper pretty much whenever you want. Sadly, this people (like me) seem to have been in the minority for the longest time.

I still live at home. Its hell. Mostly because the parents have never been good to me in the areas I need, like emotional support. Instead its always yelling. Anyways We're still living together since I'm in college at the moment. I could potentially move out since my investments have been doing well. But, I don't have a real income to pay day to day needs.
Anyhow, still living in this environment its difficult for me to wear or even obtain diapers. Always afraid they'll show up when I'm not home, and they always ask me whats in the box.
My parents would probably kill me if they found out I was wearing diapers, or at least drive me off the edge.

I'm not certain but, I still live with my parents and I have to wear in secret. I wear whenever I can. But, I'm not certain. Good luck in your quest for the answer!

I live alone, and I wear continuously. Often in my favorite combo of just white socks, white tshirt, and thick diaper.

I'm absolutely certain I wouldn't have believed anyone who in the past told me I'd be doing this years later. "living' the dream"

"ten years from now you'll have diapers you can wear anytime"

I don't see how, but that would be great.

"And they'll fit you and look like REAL diapers you remember, not crappy medical ones"

Oh, that'd be even better, but I can't imagine where I'd find a few diapers like that

"You won't have a few, you'll have CASES of them, and cabinet filled with a big variety of great looking diapers"

Now you're just pulling my leg, that'll never happen

"No, seriously! You'll wear them all the time."

I can't imagine having enough diapers to wear all day long at home.

"And not a night will go by that you're not wearing a thick diaper to bed"

Wow that would be awesome ..."

"Not just at home, you'll wear to work too!"

Oh THAT'S not going to happen! Everyone will see me!

"You'll need that thick diaper for bedtime too because you'll always be soaked by morning"

Ok that's enough of your nonsense, that's never going to happen!!

And yet... here I am.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back