Thread: Meant To Overcome

MarchinBunny

Default Meant To Overcome

To myself and to anyone else who needs it.

There is certainly no doubt life can be at times, quite difficult to process. There are things you will run into that can sometimes just feel unexpected and unmanageable. It can drag you quite far down into the deep depths of despair. It's suffocating and hurtful. These feeling will also cause a self-fulfilling cycle that will repeat till you find the little crack where the light shines. Sometimes that crack is so small that it may take you what feels like a lifetime to find.

How does one find this crack while they are facing all these feelings of self-hate? How can they even be sure such a crack is there? Is it really there? The answer to this question can be quite tough to answer. It's certainly not something I can answer for anyone else, and it's certainly not something anyone can answer for you either. At times we can look towards other to answer this question, but all they can do is assure us it's there.

This can become quite frustrating. We all want the help and feel we need the help. We want the answers but, sometimes those answers are just not there for anyone to give us. It can even make you feel like they don't care. It's important to know in all that static and noise, people do care. Not being able to give the answers and not being able to always be there doesn't mean they do not care. They are all doing the best they can. It's important to trust in those around you, and it's also important to not take out your frustration on them. But do know, if you do, they likely will forgive you eventually. They will understand, you just have to give them time.

The truth is, everyone eventually overcomes it. You will eventually find that crack where the light shines. It's more a matter of time than it is a matter of possiblity. Of course, it's possible, you just need to accept that it is and seek the help you need. To allow others in your life and while they may not be able to give you the answer outright, they certainly can lead you in the right direction. You just have to listen and believe things will be alright. You have to accept that, what you are feeling is simply temporary and will eventually pass.

Also, remember this, everyone has their own problems and issues in life. You need to respect that everyone needs to take care of themselves first before they can help anyone else. You can't get mad at them for doing what is best for them. Treat them like a friend, because that is what they are. Hurting them simply because you are hurting isn't the right way to proceed.

You are meant to overcome, and you will. You have to take one step at a time. Look forward, raise your head up and know that one step, that first step is more than just a step, it's the beginning of recovery and it's not something you should take lightly. That first step will create a domino effect. You begin to start moving again, and each step becomes easier than the last.

Just believe in yourself, and forgive yourself. Everything will be alright. You will get through this.
    ---

I was originally going to just post this as a blog, but I thought it might be of use to others. I mean, i'm not sure, I am not really good at this sort of thing. I do want to sort of try to remind myself of everything I have said here when I need it. Maybe it will help to keep me in line a bit more. Sorry for being weird >.<.

Quote Originally Posted by MarchinBunny View Post
    These feeling will also cause a self-fulfilling cycle that will repeat till you find the little crack where the light shines. Sometimes that crack is so small that it may take you what feels like a lifetime to find.
    Thank you Marchin, these were lovely words and has given me great insight into your thoughts. I know you have been having a torrid time of late and I am sorry you have been feeling so down. But I am very glad you have found the light, even that small crack. It has given you hope and you are thoughtful enough to make sure everyone can have that experience. You will now have to reach towards that light as soon as you can and grasp it for all you are worth. For without it you may slip back to the darkness and the despair. The light can give you strength and warm you like the sun and the firmer you grip its glowing bliss the wider that crack will become. Before you know it you can bask in daylight and feel free from your troubles. I hope you can continue on this positive journey and I look forward to seeing it unfold. I am very happy for you.

Beautifully said, MarchinBunny. I am one of the many that wishes I could pluck you out of your situation and land you into a good one. Law of averages says that you will make that work for you, sooner or later. Anyway, excellent advise for everyone else on this site, because we all have our bad days, including myself. My wife and I have been watching the TV show, "When We Rise" and I've been emotionally reliving my tumultuous four years of college.

I wonder how many on this site have come from one place in life, where we felt we were going in one direction, only to find a very different path and a different life? Those journeys are never easy and they can leave a lifetime of pain, yet we rise. Let us all fight the good fight and move forward. There is something good out there. We simply have to find it and that can be a long and winding road, now that I've quoted half a dozen songs and shows....sigh.

And this is how the most important journies begins, without preconceived notions or expectations of the destination. It's a matter of breaking the task down into small manageable steps. You don't wait for success at the end of the journey, you start by creating a series of small successes along the way.

The most worthwhile goals in life will demand effort, risks and sacrifice. More than anything you have to work through your own self doubts, leave your comfort zone and draw on your inner resources and your strengths. There will be challenges along the way and you will feel tested. As you build on your early successes, you will learn that you can face discouragement and frustration and push past it... and you will find out what you are truly made of.

Each successive step will give you more power and control in reaching your destination: obtaining information, making informed decisions, defining the outcomes. It's like building a house. It begins with building a strong foundation and you proceed with patience until it's completed.

A journey doesn't happen in a few moments but hour by hour, day by day, and there may be detours along the way where you need to seek out new information, reevaluate your plan, or modify the route to the destination. Take it one step at a time until it feels right and set aside the things that can be done later.

Most importantly, remember you need discipline and you need patience to continue though the good days and the bad ones.

When you reach one goal, you create another. The journey never ends. Embrace it.

MarchinBunny

Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate it. Overall, I still have yet to actually decide whether I'm going to stay. I am leaning toward staying, but ... I think if I do I may still take a very long break, and im not entirely sure how long that will be.

No doubt I will feel sad about going away for a while, especially leaving things as they are. However, there comes a time when I need to let go of all the drama. I need to stop beating up myself and others over all the crap I been going through. I need to take care of myself. I have a few members I talk to outside of adisc, whether it be on steam, discord, or skype. So it's not like I will not be in contact with anyone from here. Anyone who also wants to remain in contact can do so through PM or ask for another form of contact.

I did basically start here as a lurker of sorts, and I very well may end my time here by becoming a lurker again. Maybe when I return I will be a different person. Maybe for the better or maybe for the worse. Maybe I may never return ... it's tough to say at this very moment. I may no longer speak with many here ever again. Some of us may have ended on a bad note and some a good note. Whichever it is, I hold no ill feelings toward anyone, and the truth is I am pretty glad I have met each and everyone one of you despite disagreements or whatever occurred between us.

Some of us have known each other for a short period of time, and some I have known for quite a while. Some I have grown apart from and some I have grown closer to. This is a great community but as I am now it is tough for me to be a part of it. It tends to hurt me to a degree that can be pretty hard to describe.

I just figured it is best to mention exactly my reasoning behind all of this. Some may think it's best to stay as it's the best way to help, but to me ... it's actually causing more problems for me, causing me more stress than I need. As I said, I have people I can talk to. People I care about and people who care about me.

I wil ldo what I feel is best for me. Even if that means letting go.