Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiretappings R Us

Default Wiretappings R Us

I certainly don't want a big brother style of government but desperate times call for desperate measures. I would like our intelligence and military agencies to bug every communication device in the White House, Trump towers, and Moron Lago as a defense against serious damage to our nation caused by uncontrolled, lunatic outbursts and inappropriate contacts with foreign agents by Trump or the trumpanzies.

Maybe that's a tad extreme, and there would be an understandable fear of setting a precedent, but time is of the essence. Information gathered could help speed up the process of either impeachment or invoking the 25th amendment. It's time to make America great again!

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    Maybe that's a tad extreme
    So what exactly has the man done to torque you? Seems to me there's a lot of hysteria about nothing.

I certainly don't want a big brother style of government but desperate times call for desperate measures. I would like our intelligence and military agencies to bug every communication device in the White House, Trump towers, and Moron Lago as a defense against serious damage to our nation caused by uncontrolled, lunatic outbursts and inappropriate contacts with foreign agents by Trump or the trumpanzies.

Maybe that's a tad extreme, and there would be an understandable fear of setting a precedent, but time is of the essence. Information gathered could help speed up the process of either impeachment or invoking the 25th amendment. It's time to make America great again!
    Uhhh... that's rather cryptic. Maybe I missed the briefing, but... what are you talking about...? :-/

but desperate times call for desperate measures.
    Whats so desperate ? also both sides of your politics opt for big brother style governance for fuck sake

I'm sure Drifter is referring to the latest Wikileaks reveal, divulging that the CIA and NSA have been eavesdropping on us. Oddly, this isn't news at all. If I recall correctly, the NSA has been listening in on any or all of us since 9/11. It was part of President Bush's Patriot Act. I was always amused when Bush gave names to things, and they often used the words Freedom and Liberty, and it usually meant we had neither or less of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I'm sure Drifter is referring to the latest Wikileaks reveal, divulging that the CIA and NSA have been eavesdropping on us. Oddly, this isn't news at all. If I recall correctly, the NSA has been listening in on any or all of us since 9/11. It was part of President Bush's Patriot Act. I was always amused when Bush gave names to things, and they often used the words Freedom and Liberty, and it usually meant we had neither or less of the two.

yea not news...the tech companies like apple claim to have already fixed many of these issues..for now(as long as you run the latest patches,)

what rather bothers me Is the almost exclusive coverage Wikileaks seems to give the UK, EU and US...

What I'm trying to figure out his how Drifter thinks this would work. After all, he's calling for Executive Agencies to perform actions against the Chief Executive . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    That's why I always use Dogboy's real name and personal data when I visit shady internet sites!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    That's why I always use Dogboy's real name and personal data when I visit shady internet sites!
    FBI rocks up at dogboy's house, did you recently google search pressure cookers?

*Meanwhile at Home, Why is the FBI here?*

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Uhhh... that's rather cryptic. Maybe I missed the briefing, but... what are you talking about...? :-/
    The biggest threat to America today is the man we elected as our leader. Some people will dismiss this as political rhetoric but those people would be wrong. There is nothing political about this. This is about the competency of the president and it is painfully obvious he has serious character flaws that have interfered with, and will continue to interfere with, his ability to carry out the responsibilities of his office.

Impeachment, or a finding of incompetence under the articles of the 25th amendment, are rightfully difficult to achieve but in this case they are realistic considerations. These things were specifically created to address the kinds of issues surrounding Trump.

The orwellian atmosphere of "alternative facts" that has become pervasive in the executive branch is beginning to invade congress as members try to justify unjustifiable statements made by our leader. This is a dangerous situation.

Excessive eavesdropping by the government is, of course, a dangerously orwellian concept, too, and I certainly do not support it. My original post is a tongue in cheek comment on the situation. I would have put a smiley face on it if it wasn't so serious.