Thread: Feeling like a target

Unhappy Feeling like a target

I don't like the world. I F'ing hate it. I've been abused, neglected, shunned and forgotten more times than I can count. My well deserved shot isn't coming. One of the things I hate is that when I try to do better for myself I'm put down quickly after words. My dreams and hopes are officially dead. I've realized a couple of things about me lately. I'm a coward and a wuss. Right now I don't understand why I'm still going. Part of me wishes my heart would stop and it wouldn't matter.

trust me when I say...... I feel your pain it hurts to be a target like that I have experienced it more than my fair share of times. I could write a book on the subject.

A person's shot or chance hardly ever comes to them. This isn't just you, everyone has to sieze it. Go full in and do everything you need to in order to succeed. So what if someone else tries to put you down for it. Thats just how they go about seizing the opportunity you wanted, or otherwise proping themselves up. It's nothing truly personal, it's all just part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KryanAshford View Post
    I don't like the world. I F'ing hate it. I've been abused, neglected, shunned and forgotten more times than I can count. My well deserved shot isn't coming. One of the things I hate is that when I try to do better for myself I'm put down quickly after words. My dreams and hopes are officially dead. I've realized a couple of things about me lately. I'm a coward and a wuss. Right now I don't understand why I'm still going. Part of me wishes my heart would stop and it wouldn't matter.
    I know how much you've been hurt in the past and how it has affected you and how you see the world. Remember there are still people in this world who care for you and people you care about. Believe me, you're certainly no coward nor wuss. The fact that you've survived so much shows what a survivor and just how tough you really are.

There are always going to be tough days like these when you suffer from depression. It attacks your self esteem and your outlook on the world. My hope is that you will find the courage to seek help. You deserve better than to live with these terrible feelings.

Hugs, friend.

I think many, if not most of us go through this at some point in our life. I wanted to be a professionally recorded and recognized concert artist by the time I was 30, but it didn't happen. I realized that and changed course. I got a different job, one where I was directing choirs instead of accompanying them. It meant a big move and working in a much smaller arena, but I also made more money. I haven't looked back.

We all find happiness in different places, and those places are almost always different from where we thought they would be. All we can do is to keep plugging away. Even though I'm now mostly retired, I still play concerts, just at a smaller venue. Chopin only played 24 major concerts in his lifetime. All the rest of his playing was in small parlors for his friends, yet he is known as one of the greatest piano virtuoso and composers of all time. Most of us will never sit at the mountain top, but we still have value and something to offer the world.