Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
I didn't see these posted anywhere...

Bear in mind, I am NOT "endorsing" these. I don't particularly like Goodnite-style diapers, and these are $4 each... I just ran across them on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Goodnites-Bedtime-Diapers-size-XL-XXL-fits-120-250-lbs-Custom-Undies-Girls-ABDL-/262490950669

Somebody has taken the time and effort to cannibalize three goodnites to make one with extended side elastics. They have two listings of five assorted diapers each, of various styles. Like I said, not my thing, but I figured someone here might be interested :)

It never feels right to me to wear the modified diapers. At one point in time it was exciting to try to actually wear the authentic children's diapers and pull-ups but I've sort of grown to accept that it won't happen for me. These modified ones could work quite well, but it just never seems... right...

Nowadays there are so many adorable adult baby diapers that I'm not too concerned anymore. I've had enough late nights of disappointment searching the web trying to fill a void with those baby diapers that are just within reach of fitting me. I had to move on for my own sanity. I'm still stock-piled up anyway and it seems like new designs and diapers come out every year or so. I've grown to look forward to the future of AB diapers than the modifications of ones past. Just my personal preference.

Pull ons not my thing either but thumbs up for the ingenuity.

Wondering if this is done by the same guy that does the baby diapers into adult sizes as they look awesome but too expensive for my taste.

Yeah, I get it, and I feel the same... But I also know that there are ppl on this forum who just love the pull-up style, but are on the cusp of not being able to wear them ��

Obviously, the seller has found a niche, and I am betting some of their target demographic frequent forums like this one.

Huh. They look good, but I wonder if the rise would actually be high enough to properly ''fit'' a large adult.

It would be neat if they did the same with Pull-Ups training pants, but I know those definitely wouldn't come up high enough.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Huh. They look good, but I wonder if the rise would actually be high enough to properly ''fit'' a large adult.

It would be neat if they did the same with Pull-Ups training pants, but I know those definitely wouldn't come up high enough.

It isn't, not unless you're an adult under five feet tall :) Nor do they really have the capacity to deal with actual adult full incontinence. They are what they are designed for, a pull-up for tween bed-wetters, not an adult diaper. Extra elastic on the hips doesn't change their basic design. Like I said above, personally, I'm not a fan of Goodnites style. They're cute and suitably childish, but pretty much entirely unsuited to most ABs for anything more than the lightest of dribbles...

That being said, based on some of the topics here, there are several who ARE fans of Goodnites, and many who wish they could wear them but can't due to their size. This design means they CAN wear them now. It doesn't mean they can actually use them as a diaper... But, for some, wearing is enough. We've all seen plenty of people state that here. That's why I linked them. Not because I am suggesting that they can replace a diaper like Molicare Supers... They can't, obviously. But that's not the point for some ABs :)

BritneyShagwell said:
It isn't, not unless you're an adult under five feet tall :) Nor do they really have the capacity to deal with actual adult full incontinence. They are what they are designed for, a pull-up for tween bed-wetters, not an adult diaper. Extra elastic on the hips doesn't change their basic design. Like I said above, personally, I'm not a fan of Goodnites style. They're cute and suitably childish, but pretty much entirely unsuited to most ABs for anything more than the lightest of dribbles...

That being said, based on some of the topics here, there are several who ARE fans of Goodnites, and many who wish they could wear them but can't due to their size. This design means they CAN wear them now. It doesn't mean they can actually use them as a diaper... But, for some, wearing is enough. We've all seen plenty of people state that here. That's why I linked them. Not because I am suggesting that they can replace a diaper like Molicare Supers... They can't, obviously. But that's not the point for some ABs :)

I get the feeling, I do. As evidenced by my signature, I love Pull-Ups, which obviously do not fit me. So I mod with pins and underwear. It doesn't look the best, but it's pretty functional and can hold a decent amount for what it is.

Why would anyone pay $4 for a stupid pull-up?

mayhem said:
Why would anyone pay $4 for a stupid pull-up?

Ummmm.... Because they want them?

Seriously, why do some people pay $250 for an "adult baby dress" or $50 for a pair of plastic panties just because they have a ruffled fabric cover? Pay twice as much for the same adult diaper with a "baby" print rather than plain white? People will pay for what they want, and the market sets the price. They're charging $4 per pull-up, because somebody is willing to pay that much. Who? I have no idea. Certainly not me, but I have no problem seeing somebody who loves Goodnites but can't fit into them paying that or more...

All good points, but like the others have said. Taking a small kids diaper and adding some extra side elastic isn't going to increase their weight rating.

This is just someone on ebay who is taking advantage or otherwise misleading some other desperate dl- while also robbing him of his money.

Slomo said:
All good points, but like the others have said. Taking a small kids diaper and adding some extra side elastic isn't going to increase their weight rating.

This is just someone on ebay who is taking advantage or otherwise misleading some other desperate dl- while also robbing him of his money.

Are you sure that's the case here? Not saying you are wrong but their is a person that takes baby diapers and melds them into adult ones, thought this might be the same?

Slomo said:

Yeah... "Taking advantage"? Maybe... "Misleading"? Not in any way. The seller clearly states that they use an original children's goodnites and destroys "several" others to make the extended side elastic all out of the same material. What exactly is misleading about that? The average price on Amazon is over $1 per L/XL Goodnite. You can get them cheaper, but that's rare. Some sellers have them at almost $2 each.
*****No tape or glue is used in the process!***** The alterations are a little pricey and time consuming, as they are made purely with their own material and require the stretchy siding from several diapers to make just one.
It looks they are SEWN together. It probably costs the seller $2-$3 per diaper, plus labor, and they're selling them for $4. Nobody is forcing ANYBODY to buy these, so I am unsure how that is "misleading" OR "robbing" someone of his money.

If you WANT to wear an "actual" Goodnite, are a large person, and aren't handy with a needle, this is pretty much your only option. If I was a Goodnites fan, I'd be tempted to just make my own, now that I know it can be done :) Then again, I'd likely use glue or tape, which seems far easier... and cheaper.

P.S. Sorry, Slomo... I won't be debating this with you anymore. Don't need the drama or the baseless ranting hyperbole, complete with totally nonsensical "justifications"... I am no longer even able to even see your posts. I'm sure we can both agree that's best :) Have a great life!

Last edited:
Argent said:
Are you sure that's the case here? Not saying you are wrong but their is a person that takes baby diapers and melds them into adult ones, thought this might be the same?

The weight ratings of diapers are based on a persons body mass which takes into account how much pee that person will produce. The higher the weight, the more pee a diaper needs to be able to absorb.

Extending the sides of a diaper does not increase its absorption capability, and therefore does not increase it's weight rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back