For those who are incontinent, how do you identify as a DL?

For those who are incontinent, what does being a DL mean to you

• I accept wearing diapers

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • I enjoy wearing diapers

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • I wear diapers even though my incontinence doesn't require it

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • I use my diapers more even though I could use the toilet

Votes: 10 21.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scaifester

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I will admit that I have enough control most of the time that I cannot consider myself to be biologically incontinent. I have bouts of urgency that may lead to dribbles after wearing for an extended period of time but this is clearly different than those of you who suffer from incontinence.
If you consider yourself both incontinent and a DL, what does being a DL mean to you?

My incontinence if fecal only, so technically I wouldn't have to use the diapers for urine. However I still use it for that because it feels like a waste otehrwise on the many that would go unused in that case, and because I'm trans I would one day hope to get bottom surgery, and while as a male I can get my part out from the diaper if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to do that with lady parts, so might as well get used to it now. My only real exception to that is if I'm needing to "air out" due to the signs of a rash possibly starting where I'll not use the diaper for pee for a day or two, with ladyparts though I'd probably just have to accept wasting a few extra for that day or two.

The question makes the assumption that all people here are identifying as one form of diaper lover or another. That isn't always the case. Some people do not like identifying as diaper lovers. Some people simply accept they have control issues and diapers are the best option to manage their incontinence.

To illustrate what I mean on a similar topic. I have nearsightedness so I have to wear glasses to see better. I don't love glasses, I accept I need glasses so that I can see movies, recognize people in public and drive.

DD diaper dependant.

scaifester said:
I will admit that I have enough control most of the time that I cannot consider myself to be biologically incontinent. I have bouts of urgency that may lead to dribbles after wearing for an extended period of time but this is clearly different than those of you who suffer from incontinence.
If you consider yourself both incontinent and a DL, what does being a DL mean to you?

rennecfox said:
The question makes the assumption that all people here are identifying as one form of diaper lover or another. That isn't always the case. Some people do not like identifying as diaper lovers. Some people simply accept they have control issues and diapers are the best option to manage their incontinence.

To illustrate what I mean on a similar topic. I have nearsightedness so I have to wear glasses to see better. I don't love glasses, I accept I need glasses so that I can see movies, recognize people in public and drive.

Maybe it got buried there but it's clearly a poll for incontinent folks who consider themselves DLs.

Trevor said:
Maybe it got buried there but it's clearly a poll for incontinent folks who consider themselves DLs.

Just re-looked at it, you are right, was the last line of the post. Was going by the title which was a bit misleading.

scaifester said:
....but this is clearly different than those of you who suffer from incontinence.

I was a DL long before a car wreck left me incontinent. It may sound stupid (and was) but I struggled with loving diapers for nearly a decade after I truly started needing them. I felt guilty, and very confused. I hated being forced into diapers, and hated myself for actually loving them.

Eventually I learned to come to terms with my loving diapers, and that this was a part of me regardless of needing them or not. Once I got to that point I also realized it was great I now had "that perfect excuse" to wear diapers.

It's true needing diapers is very different that choosing to wear them at your convenience. And yes, needing them can be very inconveniencing at times, especially when they leak. This said, the DL aspect never really had changed for me in the end. I can still revel in the feeling I get from wearing a warm and wet diaper, even if I wet it without control.

Slomo said:
It may sound stupid (and was) but I struggled with loving diapers for nearly a decade after I truly started needing them. I felt guilty, and very confused. I hated being forced into diapers, and hated myself for actually loving them.

This is me too, but I've only got a year into it, and haven't resolved my feelings about it. I have no doubts it's hard for a non-DL to get used to having to wear 24/7, but there's another layer of acceptance when it comes to having had been a DL beforehand. It's not as bad as it was at first, but I still feel a little weird about it.

Personally I don't consider myself a DL, but I do consider myself somewhat of a little. I'll admit my first encounters and thoughts about the DL community was that they were all creeps, that being because of those types that frequented teen bedwetting and incontinence forums around 2010. As i started outgrowing the brands I was using a few years back I started looking around and eventually found this place. It made me realize that I had just come across a bad bunch, but upon lurking these forums I realized that while not a DL I could be considered a "little".

I enjoy childish things and at times I let those thoughts and interests kind of take over as a way to decompress, It also helped me emotionally to reaccept my situation after relapsing back into that "no body will want me like this," and general low self esteem non sexy feelings we all go though at some point.

rennecfox said:
Just re-looked at it, you are right, was the last line of the post. Was going by the title which was a bit misleading.

Oh oops, I didn't see that line either and voted :/

I became DL as a result of becoming incontinent and having to wear nappies all the time.

I don't know how I would categorize myself at this point. I've gone from being an AB to an ABDL to now someone who accepts (and DOES enjoy) wearing diapers primarily at night. I'd like to try 24/7 sometime but circumstances at this time prohibit that. Heck, I've only spent a full day diapered only once during my adult life. It was, as you'd suspect, GREAT! I'm working up the nerve to go out padded or ride my motorcycle wearing a pullup but I haven't got there yet. I have worn a diaper while outside doing snow removal but that was in the confines of my property and I was so layered up it would have been hard for anyone to tell.

Not sure I'll label myself as a DL, although I have come to terms with me needing diapers etc. But in its true meaning, no. I like the freedom I got back from wearing diapers but a love for them, that is hard to answer. One way of answering it would be to ask yourself a question if I wasn't incontinent, would I still wear diapers, no I wouldn't. E.g. I'm not a DL in the true meaning.

Sendt fra min HUAWEI M2-801W med Tapatalk

i feel that after needing to wear diapers, i found i had what some would call a long lost or burried like for them too and am slowly coming to terms with it. I don't see it as a problem, and whilst have no control feel secure and enjoy some of the designs you get for the abdl market.
would i choose not to wear? no, i would prefer to choose when i used the diapers, but as i cannot choose, i learn to enjoy it as well. i think its like " if you can't beat it..... enjoy it"

babybadger

I was a DL before my current bout of incontinence, and I continue to be one.

To me, being a DL means that (a) I can treat myself more gently and with more care and precision, as a baby's parent would, and (b) I can accept and enjoy my diapers instead of seeing them as a grit-your-teeth convenience or something to be fought against.

I started out as a bed wetter till age 12. and was hooked on wearing diapers.
Then was a DL till i was around 54 and was hit by a couple autoimmune disorders and became IC due to small fiber neuropathy from one of the autoimmune disorders

For a long time my issues were mainly at night (I used to really limit my liquid intake during the day) I hated waking up freezing and sticky every morning. As soon as I started wearing diapers I loved them. I wasn't waking up uncomfortable in the morning and I could actually sleep through the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back