I've loved these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMS401

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The title is an allusion to an early Billy Joel song, and it's apt here.

Two years ago I got a job that allowed me to work from home, which meant that I could wear all the time during the day, and travel, which meant that I could wear to bed. It was a blissful luxury to be able to wear so often and so freely after years at an office job that allowed me to wear only on weekend mornings until my wife woke up. (She knows but wants NOTHING to do with diapers.)

But then, in October, I was laid off from my job following a company buyout. That has given me every bit as much freedom as before, but I knew that would necessarily end. And so it has. Soon I will begin my new job, which is back in an office, which will really put a cramp in my freedom to wear. It's for the best, of course, but I will miss it.

I don't really have a question; I just wanted to share my sense of loss with the few people on this planet who would understand. *sigh* Thank you for listening/reading.

-RMS

P.S. Now I have to figure out a way to get rid of two cases of Rearz Inspire+ diapers. I'm looking to get what they're worth, but it'll have to happen pretty quickly.

Glad to hear you had a good time, RMS. Tis better to have loved and lost and all that. I've wished several times that I could go 24/7 for a while, but being a lawyer (a very conservative profession) and very happy with my job, I have never and still am not willing to take the risk of disrupting things by wearing diapers to the workplace, so they remain a nighttime/weekend/holiday thing.

I'd suggest that you don't get rid of all the Rearz diapers though. I don't know the details of your wife's distaste, but my initial advice would be to just store the boxes discreetly. Diapers don't spoil, so even if you only get to use them on limited weekends, there's no reason you can't save those cases and slowly work your way through them.

Also, as a practical matter, I suspect that you could get a bit more wearing discreetly, though, again, I don't know your wife. My current girlfriend is ABDL, and I've worn on several dates with her in which she couldn't tell what type of underwear I had on until the end of the night when she inspected things close up. That's not to say you should be sneaking around your wife, that would be a bad idea, but you could talk to her about whether you could try wearing discreetly for the day on a weekend and disposing of things discreetly (such as waiting until she's doing something else, or moving yourself to another room to deal with it). I don't know if the two of you ever do separate outings either, but you could easily wear out for a walk or while doing errands with none the wiser and with your wife not being around. I'd suggest talking to her as part of the job transition to see if she's amenable to you having a little more diaper time as long as it's not something shoved in her face. Though, to repeat again, I don't know your wife so if even bringing the subject up would cause discord, just ignore my advice.

Why can't you use the diapers on the job?

About to transfer to a college with dorms, and diapering will be out the window until who knows when. So this summer I'm diapering up as much as I can before I have to say goodbye to them until who knows when. So I kinda get it. I have the perfect system and soon its all gonna disappear. :(

When I think of dl and Billy Joel somehow have to think of "The Stranger", good luck with the new job, hope you can find enough time for "The Stranger".

I do agree, Archie, that 'tis better to have loved and lost but it still makes this latest turn in the road a bittersweet one. I think I'll love the job, but the days when I will have enough time to fully use an Inspire Plus are over. (I'm keeping most of a case for those rare times, though.) I'll probably sell the balance on eBay, two at a time, as I have seen done.

I do manage to get away with a little around my wife, often sleeping with a Seni Man Fit guard, but I would never wear a full diaper around her. We're still at a stage in our marriage--even after 25 years--where there's grabbing involved and having her grab a handful of padding would NOT end well for me. At all. Every time she gets even a hint of a diaper--a mysterious package at the mailbox, a diaper found where it shouldn't be--our relationship is strained for days or even weeks after. It's just not worth it.

So while I am and will always be a DL, I recognize the constraints of wearing in my life.

That goes for work too, BTW. While I have been known to wear a Depend Real Fit to work every once in a while, I would never wear anything thicker than that and would NEVER trust an ironically named Depend product to hold any more than a dribble or two.

-RMS

Definitely.don't get rid of your diapers. Even if hou only ever use them at night or on the weekends you will still eventually go through them.

The bigger question is why can't you, wear them to your work? I work in a typical quiet office, and have worn confidry diapers for years without anyone even noticing. This proves you at least can wear them while still being discrete.

Absolutely worth looking into options for wearing outside the house / at work. My work involves all sorts of unusual and unpredictable conditions, plus a lot of travel, and yet I have found it quite easy to stay padded except in the most extreme circumstances. I'm on the factory floor in an M4 as I type and wouldn't have it any other way. AFAIK no-one knows, and I'm not always the most subtle. So keep an open mind about the possibilities.... have fun!

Thanks for the reply, Slomo. A couple responses.

Slomo said:
Definitely.don't get rid of your diapers. Even if hou only ever use them at night or on the weekends you will still eventually go through them.

True, I would go through them, but they would be wasted. Given the situation with my wife, I could never wear at night, and never long enough on the weekends to fully "use" an Inspire+. I would never get close to their capacity, which would be a waste. I would be better off with Tena Super Stretch diapers given the time I'll be able to spend diapered.

The bigger question is why can't you, wear them to your work? I work in a typical quiet office, and have worn confidry diapers for years without anyone even noticing. This proves you at least can wear them while still being discrete.
It may be that I could wear without detection, but I would be far too self-conscious to try, especially in such a new job. I will be in a formal office setting, and security will be tight. I can just imagine someone wondering what's in that briefcase I bring in every day. Nah, it wouldn't be worth the paranoia.

I have spent most of my adult life like this, wearing only as I'm able, jealously grabbing at moments I can spend padded. It was an incredible luxury I had these past two years. Now it's time to go back to the real world. And hey, it beats unemployment.

-RMS

Understandable, but it isn't a wast id those diaper still bring you a mental relief and reduce your stress. They always need to be peed in to fulfill their job for a dl.

The bottom tapes don't tend to last long enough to get one to their max anyways.

Are the Inspire+ diapers large sized? I'm in need to some large RI+IC since Rearz themselves are on backorder on them until the end of the month and only have Seduction or Safari in stock which I'm not too thrilled about either.

They are indeed larges. You're not the first I've heard say that about the bottom tapes, but I haven't experienced that as long as they hit the "landing zone" panel. For me--and I like 'em tight-they stay put no matter what. Huh.

-RMS

Dang, what an amazing job that would've been. I would be living the dream if that was my job! But, I'm stuck in college dorms :(

Yeah, I have to admit that it was pretty great while it lasted. And working for a company I loved, teaching others about something I cared deeply about . . . it doesn't get much better than that. But new challenges await me over the horizon, and I may or may not ever wear to the office in my new job. I guess time will tell. I think it was Shakespeare who said, "To pad or not to pad, that is the question."

-RMS

I LOVE that song by Billy Joel - Your story sure makes us stop and appreciate how seemingly good we have it sometimes!

Did you get rid of your nappy / diapers if not where are you

It's all a matter of degrees... If a person insists that they must wear a full barrier diaper, then you've limited your own choices as to when & where. If you could just realize that a decent-fitting pullup will give you 97% of the fit/feel of wearing a diaper, with 30-50% of the capacity of a bigger diaper, BUT it'll give you 100% deniability, since a decent pullup can't possibly be detected inside normal underwear choices. How many of you know which day a women is wearing a pad in her panties? How many of you know if a man is wearing women's panties under their suit? OK, so, once you get over the obvious stumbling block you have created for yourself by choosing ONLY full barrier diapers, you can ponder how different life would be if you could wear/trust a pullup, wherever you go, work, shopping, dinner dates, etc. Honestly, the solution is so simple, I'm stunned most limit themselves to full-on diapering 5-10% of the time, when they could be achieving 30-50% of the feeling 100% of the time. And, once you get over that hurdle, choose a great pullup, learn how to wear/use it safely (no flooding/no leaks), then you can start to expand upon your choices, and maybe double up on the pullup, and maybe add a plastic pant to the mix, or even a normal undie over everything to hold stuff in place, and look a bit more normal, if ever challenged. Point is, if you only see yourselves in a baby-print, then good luck hiding that AND the pacifier in your pocket. If, on the other hand, you're smarter than the average bear, you can wear a pair of decent quality pullups, dribble all morning into the first one, then hit a stall, rip the side panels out, pull up the rest, and dispose of the morning pant/smell, in favor of a dry one all afternoon. If you can only get away with a single layer, then maybe you just have to use normal bathroom practices, until mid afternoon, when you can start wetting your pullup, and just go home wet. Even a baby diaper, stuffed in panties, or tightey whiteys/briefs gives you options you don't normally have without wearing anything. I'm often amused that so many have so little creativity, when it comes to wetting yourself in public.

For me, Depend RealFits are an easy choice. Every Walmart stocks them. They look like underwear. They fit. They absorb. You can wear stuff over them, and you can pull them down in front to pee, or down like underwear to poo normally. Double the pant, double the fun! Currently, I wear Reassure Overnights, from HDIS, because of the fit & absorption (I turn the waistband down to keep them low profile. As a matter of fact, I'm usually about 5 layers "down there", giving me choices, protection, and some deniability. "Hey, I've got a medical problem, so what? Heard if the ADA???"

Anyways, that's my take on it. You do what works for you.

BTW, Tena & Abenas both make great pullups! HDIS has a $10 sample pack with 20 pairs of pullups 10 x 2@) that includes all four I just mentioned, and more weaker versions. Crap, for $10, if you can't find yourself wetting in a pullup with those choices, you just ain't trying hard enough.

Also, for anyone small enough, any of the kid's pullups give you exactly the same choices I've described above, with the benefits of cutesy designs, only you can appreciate.

I'm not a stranger to the frustrations of not having the freedom to wear at will. Of course, that was in my youth. I was a diapered bedwetter into my early teens (along with 2 other sibblings), I'm sure the beginning of my "interests". In collage, I was lucky enough to have a cool roomate who went home nearly every weeekend. The school was only about 70 minutes outside of Chicago and quite a few did the same. Me? I took advantage of walking around campus, going to the library to study and for the most part, getting my diaper fix. After school I worked for a pretty conservative outfit before starting my own business. (tree farm) Most of my employees were hispanic and had no clue whe I was in the field I was wearing a diaper. My private office and bathroom served me well. I sold the business and retired in my 50's and been divorced for over 20 years. Of course now I experience such severe bowel urgency that I'm in effect, incontinent. It does take some of the thrill away (being diaper dependent can do that) but the interests remain and I still enjoy wearing from time to time. The rest of the time, not so much. It really is a major inconvenience when you don't have the choice. Still, it would be unbearable if I didn't enjoy. I think most, if not all go through frustrating periods when young or married to a hostile partner. You just have to work around it to whatever works. I know I've been luckier than most.

Hi, Jamieboy. I do get the value of a good pull-up, and I have a box of RealFits ready to go. I also like the Seni-Man Fit guards. They might be a little more obvious than the Real Fits, but I just love the feel of them. So I do know how to get the feel of a diaper; my post was really just about a change in my life. For better or worse, things are different now. And that's okay too.

-RMS

- - - Updated - - -

I've PM'd you, Mansfieldboi.

-RMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back