Not open for further replies.

icklespace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
so I have no experience with wearing adult diapers so I don't know much
but I don't think I would too fused about wearing in public. like I wouldn't purposely show it of or try to hide it I would just wear it like normal underwear I mean no one gonna ask if it dose show I wear baggy cargos and baggy t-shirts anyways. but I do believe in public decently and im against purposely showing it of.

what are your opinions about public wearing??

I agree. I don't think it should be shown to others and you should be decent while wearing a diaper. No reason to encourage people to gawk. I don't like people staring at me anyway. I really don't want them to stare when I'm wearing a diaper. If I show it off, I'm just trying to stand out and (I feel) am asking people to look at me. I like to not be noticed when I'm out and about. However, I feel that if people want to wear discreetly then they should. I mean why not?

Last edited:
I'm kind of mixed on it. For sure you should definitely be discreet about it, you shouldn't dress just to show a diaper, if you happen to dress a way that does show off the diaper then I think that's fine, but it's pretty obvious to me when people want to show it off and when they just want to dress cute and you happen to see it. But I'm not super cool with wearing it in some places even discretely. Like if you don't need it, then I think you shouldn't wear to serious events or to your job/school. You're doing it because it feels good to you and that's fine, but there are times when you need to be respectful or that you are expected to perform or do a job that I don't think it's entirely appropriate(all of that doesn't apply to ppl that need diapers for IC of course). I'd never say anything to anyone about it, and I'm not going to stop anyone from doing that if they want to, it's just the way i see it.

It took me a lot of time to bring myself to wear publicly. I was always paranoid that someone would find me out and then I would somehow be rejected by a stranger. Who, I will add, honestly has no sway or meaning in my life at all.

When I started taking psychology I arrived at two thoughts on the matter.
1: Everyone has secrets and are scared that others will find out and judge them for it/them. For that reason most people tend to stick only to their business because if they don't call you out, then you will have no reason to call them out. It is amazing how often this was the case in our field studies
2: We are only as healthy as our secrets. Meaning the more secrets we have the unhealtier we will likely be, usually due to stress.

I don't run around flaunting my diaper but I don't run around totally self-conscious that someone might see. If they do and are part of the extreme minority that will ask you why then it is as simple as saying, "Not really something I want to talk about, but I need them." If they want more info being confident in knowing that you do not owe them an explanation will save you what little grief you may run across. This doesn't work well with primary care physicians.

The most grief I ever got for wearing was honestly from my Dad growing up. Outside of my immediate family I can honestly say no one has ever asked me in the 15-ish years that I've been wearing, 10 of which has been public.

Last edited:
If you must wear out in public or choose to. Wearing baggy clothing will help cover up the "buldge" But i have found that no one seems to notice, nor care about you being in a diaper in public. It seems to me a personal, mental thing. If you think oh mylanta, they can see my diaper, you are probably wrong. Most folks go about their daily lives not really caring what goes on in your pants. That's not to say we have all had our accidental diaper above our belt line incidents or leg running accidents. I have had that happen plenty of times. But if you must wear in public hide it don't flaunt it. Walking around in a diaper and a smile makes people uncomfortable. And Relax go with the flow. Its like wearing bulky underwear.

I think people tend to make more of a fuss out of it then there needs to be. Wear your diaper in public with appropriate clothes to cover it - in over words, treat it like underwear - and you're fine.

Last edited:
DinosaurWalk said:
I agree. I don't think it should be shown to others and you should be decent while wearing a diaper. No reason to encourage people to gawk. I don't like people staring at me anyway. I really don't want them to stare when I'm wearing a diaper. If I show it off, I'm just trying to stand out and (I feel) am asking people to look at me. I like to not be noticed when I'm out and about. However, I feel that if people want to wear discreetly then they should. I mean why not?

I gotta say im pretty self-conscious myself

- - - Updated - - -

blablafreckenlover said:
Like if you don't need it, then I think you shouldn't wear to serious events or to your job/school. You're doing it because it feels good to you and that's fine.
yeh like I wouldn't want people to ask me if I got a medical condition you know just if they ask for like evidence or something that's kinda being backed into a corner and you migt have to tell the truth just to get out of it

I have nuerogenic bladder and wear 24/7. Wearing in public is no big deal. No one notices. The sound of even the most noisy diaper (attends waist band) can not be heard over ambience.
The one who will make the biggest deal about it is your own self in your own head.

Showing in public:
Full out showing a diaper is frowned upon. People are petty. A woman or man can walk around in a bathing suit or underwear, but a diaper is a problem for some.
I find this to be ok depend on the location, how you are acting, and how much you are showing. If you're laying on the floor of Walmart in nothing but a diaper sucking your thumb I'd probably think that you're severely automatic or mentally retarded.
If you walk around Walmart with your shirt tucked in to your diaper I'd probably think nothing of it. If you're a woman in a short skirt and constantly bending over showing your diaper, I'll probably ask for your number 😆.

If it gets you off and doesn't hurt anyone (mentally, physically, reputation, etc.) go for it and enjoy your self.

I wear diapers out in public quite a bit, actually. Even when I'm out with the family - none of them have any idea! But I agree with what other people have been saying here. Just treat it like regular old underwear! After all, isn't that what a diaper technically is? Kinda? Sorta? :dunno:

Either way...the sentiment is still true all the same. Just keep it simple! I've recently gotten into plastic-backed diapers, and most recently, I just played it safe by throwing a pair of briefs over the top of them. That, and the jeans I wore as well, did a fantastic job at covering the noise. No one noticed or commented anything at all - it was like I wasn't even wearing diapers anyway! Just keep simplicity in mind and you'll be good to go. Best of luck to you!

It does seem to be the consensus that keeping it secret and 'tucked' out of site is the way to go. I know if any little I play with wants to wear outside I prefer it is kept on the down low. Public changes is not particularly acceptable as others have not consented to the role play and it would be very inappropriate to make a public spectacle of it all. That does not stop the odd little in joke or incognito bottom pat from time to time, especially if they enjoy the embarrassment of it all. This is coming from a fetish point of view of course and I respect those with IC will have differing views on this.

I wear mine in public all the time because I wear them 24/7. I wear my normal clothes and I don't try to show them and I also don't care if they are showing out of my clothes but I don't try to make that happen. I try to not make it happen. I know there are people out there who are against it and see it as you shoving it in peoples faces but what difference does it make if they are under your clothes? It's not like you are making it obvious you have one on nor are you trying to purposely show it. Think of it as men who like to wear women's underwear and they wear them in public under their clothes, are they shoving it in peoples faces? No one is going to know about it.

Calico said:
*SNIP* No one is going to know about it.
Except the staff in the ER >.< ..... This thought goes through my mind often when I'm about to head out padded (or in panties like I used to >.> ) XD

being incontinent forces me to wear 24/7 being diapered in public is no big deal after a while you get use to wearing any where any time.

just wear relaxed fit pants and one size up in the waist and no one will notice wearing a onesie helps hide the diaper when you bend down or strech.

I'm gratified to see some common sense responses. I've been wearing in public since the 90's, using stealth, the right outerwear, and common sense. Nobody has ever indicated they knew, and, if they had, I always have "an excuse" at hand. It's nobody's business, really, UNLESS you make it theirs by peaking their interest by being too overt. It's best just to make your own choices about these things, and just keep it private. With as many men as there are who wear women's panties, how many have exposed themselves to you? Same case could be made for women in thongs. How many have you spotted, compared to how many are worn??

Diapers on dudes & dudettes!

Seconded. Nobody notices as long as you don't force it onto them. And the ER staff, doctor, or hospital in general isn't going to care about a diaper. Especially if your life is on the line. And so what if they even do care, there is this thing called doctor patient confidentiality after all.

puppyz said:
Except the staff in the ER >.< ..... This thought goes through my mind often when I'm about to head out padded (or in panties like I used to >.> ) XD

How often do you go to ER? Are you so accident prone you always end up in ER or have any medical conditions that make you go to ER often?

Restraint. Control impulsive behavoir. Think. If it's an important part of your kink then you have to seriously think about consequence. Short and long term. It might be a thrill. Untilyou're busted with no viable reason. You say you're incontinent? Then why aren't you wearing all the time. Think things through. I wear virtually 24/7 legitamatally. I don't broadcast it. I do however, own it. I have had several disscisions when questioned. Intelligent people who ask serious questions don't necessarily deserve a reply. I'm in my 50's and at ease in diapers. I really don't think I possesed the poise when I was in collage. It didn't keep me from using. I'm much more comfortable now days. A sucessfull career, early retirement after selling my business, use without much thought.

I usually a onesies over my diaper when at work or out in public. But there have times when I have just worn a diaper under my pants and they have stuck out once in a while

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

When wearing in public I have no desire to expose my diapers purposely and sometimes my diaper has accidentally peeked above my waistband. I honestly don't think anybody should purposely show what they are wearing under their pants/shorts in my opinion.
I tend to wear athletic shorts so that that isn't a bulge and this way the thickness of the diaper doesn't really matter.
There was only one time when there was a noticeable bulge in my shorts and I didn't notice until after I left and I happened not to be wearing athletic shorts that day.

I wear in public, but I don't make my wearing public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back