Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: equal "traffic lights"

Default equal "traffic lights"

Well some lobby group wants "female" and "male" crossing lights, to be honest this is quite a stupid thing to come up with.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...1904a16804b31b

This has to be bat shit crazy, out of all the problems out there, this is one of them? I can't even process this.

What next, black and white traffic lights? I don't see the disability traffic lights? What about the transgender traffic lights? or the traffic lights for people who are short. What about the fat people traffic lights? It's fat shaming??

Lets have male and female lines at shops, ahaha. if it's such a problem just use green and red without a person, works for cars....

What about the ducks that cross the road? where are the duck crossing lights. ahaha. Not all females wear dresses, what if it's a man in a kilt, what is this madness xD.

In all seriousness, why? what is the point, it makes no literal difference in everyday life people gave no shits upto today.

I feel sorry for all the females and the transgender girls who haven't been able to cross the street lights upto today, some say to some grandma is still waiting at the traffic lights lol. it's been 43 years.

Just have gender neutral lights, walk and don't walk. (I'm all for gender neutral traffic lights, but it really seems to really be a non-issue?)

I don't get why people don't focus on real issues, such as transgender bathrooms etc.

What I'm getting at is, if it's really such a problem, just use walk and don't work, or green or red, I don't really see the need to have separate traffic lights for each gender, because even than it excludes a lot of people etc.

At the end of the day, It's going to cost tax payers a lot of money, to fix something that really isn't that much of a problem, to be honest with you, the current traffic lights could just be a female wearing pants, or a man wearing pants, you can't really tell because it's a stick figure, so why bother with it?

Shouldn't we be focusing on fixing the roads? and other problems, such as making gender neutral bathrooms or funding research for illnesses such as cancer?
    Last edited by LittleJess; 07-Mar-2017 at 04:19.

We have deer crossing signs on my street, signs just for the deer. Okay, it's to warn drivers that deer will run out into the street.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTyrant View Post
    *confuzzled*
    how is what we already have not gender neutral?
    xD It's a stick figure, it's as gender neutral as possible. Personally IMO i don't even see how this is an issue at all.

I don't get how traffic lights are sexist to be honest, plus wouldn't it be even more sexist having a female wearing a dress on the traffic lights? since not all females wear dresses? or look like marry poppin's

I'm obviously all for equal rights, transgender rights, but this is pretty crazy

You've got reasonable things, than silly things like this. I really cannot see how it's either an issue or even sexist at all.

If someone can explain to me how this is sexist than please do.
    Last edited by LittleJess; 07-Mar-2017 at 04:18.

Everytime I see that stick figure at a cross walk, I always think "Male Power! We are superior!" How dare these activists try and put an end to that! =)

In all seriousness, I don't see how cross-walks are sexist. That accusation is just silly.

If anything, I'm surprised this even got covered at all. This is probably something like 10 people who actually think this, they'll lobby for it, they'll fail because there are serious issues to focus on. No time on trivial unimportant stuff (Seriously. If you want to reform intersections, add more Left Turn Arrows. That's actually something we need). Most people will go on, never having known that the important lobbying efforts to change the crosswalk (Most important movement ever) have failed, and it'll be as if this never happened.

If you want to do real activism, that's great. We need more of that. But if this is what you consider activism, you might as well stay home, smoke weed, eat Doritos, and play video games, cause you're not helping anyone with your activism, and you'll have a much better time doing the latter.

this one is new to me. I am some how not surprised at this, and this is one the stupidest things I have ever heard of. I know in one university that they have banned the word man being used in class such as "manpower" or "sportsmanship" this is getting way out of hand. we have not cared for decades about and now this has major issues. I agree on things such as fixing roads. Hell even about the problems with racism that is exploding in the US. Issues like these are worth talking about then stop lights.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    We have deer crossing signs on my street, signs just for the deer. Okay, it's to warn drivers that deer will run out into the street.
    I've seen some of those same signs, only someone has given the deer genitalia around here, in very convincing black ink/paint

Sorry if I offend anyone, but I blame a mixture of the third wave feminist movement and the current generation. Whereas we may be littles and sissies, they really give a whole new meaning to the term of being a sissy. They get offended over things that are not naturally offensive. Heck, a feminist harassed a gay student at our school for not being attracted to her, even calling him sexist for it, even though he explained he was only attracted to other guys. I mean sheesh, talk about nutty.

Quote Originally Posted by silentdreamer1996 View Post
    Sorry if I offend anyone, but I blame a mixture of the third wave feminist movement and the current generation. Whereas we may be littles and sissies, they really give a whole new meaning to the term of being a sissy. They get offended over things that are not naturally offensive. Heck, a feminist harassed a gay student at our school for not being attracted to her, even calling him sexist for it, even though he explained he was only attracted to other guys. I mean sheesh, talk about nutty.
    I know some people like this in real life, all I can say is, they take things a bit too far, even had someone call me racist for saying that racism exists for all races, including white people (not as common) but it does exist. It's even more funny when a white person tells you what is and isn't racist, yet you have a black person tell you it's not racist in any way at all.

Now here is where things get interesting, I've been good friends with people of colour depending on the person, some things are acceptable and other things are not depending on the person, some people have a good sense of humour while others don't I've had great mates who we used to joke about each other and the stereotypes, but as I said everyone has there own different idea of acceptable. It all depends on the person, etc. Me and him had a lot of respect for each other and were very good friends, if you joked about that type of stuff to a random you'll probably get knocked out. I have a mate who is Muslim and we joke about each other all the time. (but obviously some things are acceptable and everyone has different tastes)

I'm one of those people who don't have a racist mind, but that's mostly due to being around different cultures all my life and it's a normal thing to me, I was also raised without any religion obviously a lot of TV shows mentioned God and Ghosts, but I never believed in the Christian God, I was somewhat deistic. Nowadays I'm a very strong agnostic atheist.
    Last edited by LittleJess; 07-Mar-2017 at 14:05.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Deer can't read, but they can recognize little pictures of themselves.