Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overheard Conversations

Default Overheard Conversations

Twice in the last few weeks, I've overheard two Diaper related conversations when out in public....

The first was when I was in a McDonalds where there were two chavvy mum's in their late 20s (non brits may have to google) openly talking about the difficulties of toilet training their children.....one of them came out and said "I can't believe he's 7 and is still wearing a nappy to bed, not just for weeing in" and the other girl replied "my brother is 16 and still wears them and I used them until I was 15". I was pretty shocked at how open they were talking about it in public. Naturally, I just sat there pretending not to be aware of the conversation happening, eventhough I was wearing a nappy under my jeans.

The second instance happened in the nappy aisle of my local supermarket. There was a lone mother and 3 kids between 8 and 15, staring blankly at the pull-ups and drynites.
    I was there buying drynites for myself, so said "excuse me" and put 4 packets in my basket. I then heard the kids whispering to themselves saying "wow, even he has to wear them". By time I had put the last packed in my basket, the mum had told the kids to be quiet and choose what they needed for that week.
    Purely out of respect I chose not to say anything and go and pay- good job I'm not embarrassed about my problem or it could have been very awkward, I'm fairly young looking and could probably pass as being a teenager still, eventhough I'm in my mid 20s!

Wow chavs wearing Nappies not just Burberry caps and Adidas tracky bottoms.

A nappy and trakkie bottoms are a surprisingly comfy combo!

These arent overheard convos that you hear everyday LOL
    I do believe the comments that you overheard tho.

TBH, whenever i hear of kids who are like 12,13,14,15, actually wearing diapers/goodnites/drynites, to bed even, i shake my head in disbelief.
    Im sorry but i cant wrap my head around it really. I mean cmon, a high schooler wearing goodnites to bed, that doesnt have a fetish for them, and his mom buys them at the supermarket with them and thinks its acceptable for a kid of that age to be wearing them. Anybody at that age without our fetish thats a bedwetter would probably resort to options that aim in the direction of stopping bedwetting not wearing babyish pullup type diapers to bed lol just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2127 View Post
    These arent overheard convos that you hear everyday LOL
    I do believe the comments that you overheard tho.

TBH, whenever i hear of kids who are like 12,13,14,15, actually wearing diapers/goodnites/drynites, to bed even, i shake my head in disbelief.
    Im sorry but i cant wrap my head around it really. I mean cmon, a high schooler wearing goodnites to bed, that doesnt have a fetish for them, and his mom buys them at the supermarket with them and thinks its acceptable for a kid of that age to be wearing them. Anybody at that age without our fetish thats a bedwetter would probably resort to options that aim in the direction of stopping bedwetting not wearing babyish pullup type diapers to bed lol just my .02
    I respectfully disagree. After all, Goodnites was originally focused on older kids.
    There was no such thing as Goodnites when I was a teen, because I sure would have benefited from them. Heck, it was before the modern Internet, even dial up Internet. So other youth, like I thought that we were the only ones. I understand them, and will give anyone who needs diapers support.

I agree with 12srepaid. The entire point of Goodnites as a brand is to market a product for older kids who still have bedwetting issues. And though there are "options that aim in the direction of stopping bedwetting," if one examines slip92's overheard conversation in the supermarket a bit more carefully they would see that this is a case of a whole family of bedwetting teens: clearly a genetic trait. Further, it is something that is being quite healthily dealt with (both from a physical and emotional perspective) by them and their parents. If you were the parent of such a brood (knowing that you too were a bedwetter, at least into your teens, since—as noted—there appears to be a genetic connection here), what would you do?

Surely you would recognize what was happening and realize that your children could not help it. Surely you would offer them whatever comfort and support they needed. Of course you'd have them examined by a urologist to make sure nothing major was amiss, but (failing that) would you subject them to endless nights waking up in wet sheets when a dry alternative was right there in your local market? And when all three of them have the same problem you had/have, this is a fine opportunity for them to see that it's simply a medical thing, not a "baby" thing at all. And then along comes this guy, in his twenties or maybe an "older teen," with the same issue? These are likely to be kids who grow up much kinder and more understanding of others than most of their peers do.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2127 View Post
    whenever i hear of kids who are like 12,13,14,15, actually wearing diapers/goodnites/drynites, to bed even, i shake my head in disbelief.
    .... Anybody at that age without our fetish thats a bedwetter would probably resort to options that aim in the direction of stopping bedwetting not wearing babyish pullup type diapers to bed lol just my .02
    On one hand I can't imagine diaper manufacturers getting into making pull on bedwetting pants for older kids without stats that show a percentage of older kids wet and a percentage of parents of the same kids would prefer to leave it for something the kid needs to grow out of and buy the products as an extension of buying nappies.

On the other hand it would be extremely amusing to find a large portion of bed wetting pants sold go to kids who are ABDL and hoodwink their parents into buying them.

I obviously would be proud of my kids if that was the case.

Bedwetting has become much less of a social stigma than it was 10+ years ago, with stuff being openly displayed and talked about

And when you remember that if you have a parent who was a bedwetter, your chances of having a baby one magnify, and if both parents were, you are pretty much doomed.

When i was 15 i would have loved to have something like goodnites but they did not exist. The only option then was a terry nappy and plastic pants. Also a rubberized cotton (red) sheet on the bed.

well a 24 year old buying diapers meant for a 7-8 year old range might elicit curiosity due to the unusual nature of someone that age range purchasing (wondering if for said person/younger sibling/ having a kid when they were really young)