Should Rearz in canada charge extra for different sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I find it very frustrating that I see a fluctuation in pricing all the time from rearz based on the size. An extra $10 for a size large when it is the same amount of diapers per package. Also they charge the same amount for a package of extra large but the package has fewer diapers in it. I have also noticed that they increace their prices when there is less product available. What does everyone think? Should they discriminate on size and availability? Or am I crazy?

i have noticed from previous buy's that they have gone up slightly by the unit if you add it up ,
i notice some rears cases got bigger counts but the price gone up a little on some things ,

Other diaper manufacturers and merchants do the same, just not as clearly as Rearz does with their interface.

If you look at Northshore for the Abena *4s a case of the medium comes to $1.42 per brief ($59.95 for 42 briefs) whereas large comes to $1.58 per brief ($56.95 for 36 briefs).

Same with their own product the Northshore Supreme which is $1.30 per brief for medium ($77.99 / 60 ) or $1.44 for large ($64.99 / 45 )

Larges have more material to them and have a higher manufacturing cost and the cost ends up reflecting that. If a manufacturer or seller were to make larges and mediums cost the same per brief it would be the mediums increasing in price.

Larges have always been more. About a year and a half ago was when I had to size up from medium to large and it was definitely a higher per month expense for me as a result.

If you wear a larger size flat pricing is great. But if you're a person who wears smaller sizes it's not so great because you end up paying more and essentially subsidizing the larger sizes.

Just be glad most ABDL brands don't come in a bariatric size , some of those enormous ones are like $10 bucks each , and folded up could be a pillow for most people.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Same amount of diapers per case for ea size. Charging more is fair because it takes more materials to make the larger sizes.. Thus the whole sale price would be for for the merchant. It gets passed on to the customer. Its simple business.

bigger diapers require more material and thus cost more to produce which is past on to the consumer... it's just how economics works, its the same with baby diapers

dlover said:
I find it very frustrating that I see a fluctuation in pricing all the time from rearz based on the size. An extra $10 for a size large when it is the same amount of diapers per package. Also they charge the same amount for a package of extra large but the package has fewer diapers in it. I have also noticed that they increace their prices when there is less product available. What does everyone think? Should they discriminate on size and availability? Or am I crazy?

USUALLY when you get the same number of diapers for two different sizes, it means the bigger ones just have wider wings and a bit more unpadded plastic in the front and back. Fewer diapers for the same size case is going to mean more padding.

Since adding a little more to the shell size adds maybe a few pennies to the manufacturing cost and nothing to shipping, one should not expect to have to pay a lot more for a case of large than for a case of medium, if you're getting the same number of diapers. (and the case is physically the same size, of course)

But I've seen it go both ways. I've seen places where a case of 80medium is like $150 and a case of 80large is $160, and I've seen places where they are the same cost. In those examples, the large don't have any more capacity than the medium.

I've also seen other examples where the cases are the same size and cost the same, but one has fewer diapers in it. (Confidry and abena xplus?) Then you're paying for the padding, and the large WILL have more capacity than the medium.

And when I last ordered Absorbency Plus from xpmedical, I ordered some L3 and some L4. The cases were the same size, and the prices were comparable, but there were more 3's than 4's in a case. (same number of bags per case, just more/less diapers per bag) The diapers were both large, but the 4's of course had more padding per diaper.

I guess it all comes down to market forces. It seems "fair" enough for me. If not many people buy large diapers compared to mediums (say), the reseller will probably be buying them in smaller quantities, which costs them more.

With some manufacturers their larges have significantly more padding and plastic so they would be justified to charge more. Other manufacturers have the same padding but a slightly larger plastic shell. This is the pennies increase and doesn't really justify charging more for them.

If it costs more, you should expect to get more. If not, then that manufacturer is just ripping off their customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back