BritneyShagwell

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
I've bought probably around a dozen AB dresses/rompers over the years, and I have been, and continue to be VERY frustrated over the lack of decent dresses/clothes in actual baby-appropriate materials.

It seems like 80%+ are silk/satin/"glass silk"/organza, etc... Now, these dresses are often GORGEOUS, but cleaning and caring for them is frightfully difficult. Really, they need to be dry-cleaned, Who exactly wants to have THAT conversation with their dry cleaner?

Also, these dresses, even when well made, stain terribly easily. No real parent sends their infant out to play in the yard in a satin party dress!

Of the remaining 20%, a large proportion are fetish materials like PVC. I understand that the market is there, but that's definitely not what I am looking for.

That leaves about 5% of the total AB dresses/rompers that I see listed ANYWHERE, as something that I might want to actually buy for daily wear. I've found a very few sellers on Ebay that make them, but none really do custom work, and I've had mixed results on quality and/or sizing.

Strangely, it seems that this is not so much a problem for AB boys... There seems to be a much larger proportion of cotton/poly/corduroy "play sets" targeting them.

Does anyone else experience the same frustration?

When I shop on Ebay/Etsy for terms like "Adult Baby Dress", it seems like less than one in twenty are dresses that don't require special care and cleaning...

Maybe it's just me :)

Last edited:
I've noticed the same thing. Most AB dresses are over-the-top, unrealistic dresses - I want dresses that realistically look like a child's dress. About the only ones that I've seen suitable for my preferences are Binkies and Bows. Alas, they're a bit pricey for me ...

Oh, and I'm baffled that so many sellers would make, of all things, AB clothing as dry clean only. I mean, seriously? A large majority of ABDLs keep this private, after all ... I wonder how much of that material really requires dry clean only, anyways.

Last edited:
Noting that the ABDL community is somewhere between 70-90% male depending on the survey, I'd imagine this all follows from the fact that most buyers of these products are looking for products that are more intentionally over the top and embarrassing than practical.

If you're a guy shopping for male ABDL clothing, the majority is looking for something that's accurately reflective of what a boy would wear, whereas if you're a guy looking for female ABDL clothing, the majority has an interest in making the product overtly feminine and/or fetish-y.

HogansHeroes said:
About the only ones that I've seen suitable for my preferences are Binkies and Bows. Alas, they're a bit pricey for me ...

If it helps you take the plunge on the only dress that really captures what you're looking for, I was very happy with the quality of what I got, though my experience with practical dresses is very limited.

HogansHeroes said:
Oh, and I'm baffled that so many sellers would make, of all things, AB clothing as dry clean only. I mean, seriously? A large majority of ABDLs keep this private, after all ... I wonder how much of that material really requires dry clean only, anyways.

Most people buying these products are not overly concerned with practicality, or at least, it is definitely not the primary concern.

Following a conversation yesterday I looked at the ABDL dresses on ETSY and Ebay and I have to agree. Many of them are not made out of fabrics with ease of washing in mind.

This post got me wondering about what those fabrics would be. When it comes to cloth diapers I've researched and researched the materials but it never dawned on me to look up the fabrics for clothes. Most of the fabrics are what I was expecting. So for ease:

100% cotton
Bamboo
Cotton/polyester
Cotton/spandex (leg warmers and tights)
Fleece (blankets and warming layers)
Corduroy

Some places discuss the use of cashmere for "high end" baby clothes and then always warn against spills and messes. As ABDLs this option may be more viable but I'm of the mindset that it sounds like too much of a hassle.

Knowing the materials it should be easier to search for or possibly adapt muggle clothing for ABDL purposes.

I have a few patterns for babies and toddlers clothing but most of them are vintage designs, were talking the 30's spanning to the 70s. I need to pick up fabric and play around upscalling the designs.

If I can succeed I will have to see about putting together some tutorials. That said I'm at the beginning of agriculture season, it won't happen overnight as I'm very busy with work.

HogansHeroes said:
I've noticed the same thing. Most AB dresses are over-the-top, unrealistic dresses - I want dresses that realistically look like a child's dress. About the only ones that I've seen suitable for my preferences are Binkies and Bows. Alas, they're a bit pricey for me ...

I have to 100% agree with everything you've just said in your post. Having one AB/DL dress now thats satin and another one on the way thats (Hopefully more realistic) I can say finding a decent dress that looks like a child's dress is hard AF. Maybe all of us here at Adisc should get together and make Adisc brand ab/dl dresses lol, modeled after real child's dresses lol. I'm genuinely surprised that no one has really gotten to making more realistic dresses. I have a pretty nice sewing machine. . . maybe I should try it.

On second thought I'd have to come up with the money for fabric and get back into the swing of sewing and explain to my mother and father why I was using the sewing machine to make childish dresses. . . specially you know. . . since I'm trans I'm their son. . . Mom wouldn't really be phased but Dad might be bothered by it. If I ever get back into sewing I'll see about making realistic little dresses. If I get any good at it I'll let you all know lol.

"This shirt is dry clean only which means it's dirty." -- Mitch Hedberg.

There are some ways to do dry clean at home starting from, oh hell let me just put it in the wash on delicate, to things like the Dryel bags.

I tend to just do the former.

One vendor that sells cotton, washable dresses on eBay... go to eBay and search on "aunt d" WITH the quotes. You'll see some of her listings, if you choose one, then on the upper right is go to sellers store, "mariposa market" and you can see them all. As usual, they ain't cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but they are just cotton and realistic, imho.
She used to just sell all cotton, but now I notice some satin stuff. I guess she's just following the market.
She will, or at least used to, also do custom work.

Patricia

Patricia48 said:
One vendor that sells cotton, washable dresses on eBay... go to eBay and search on "aunt d" WITH the quotes. You'll see some of her listings, if you choose one, then on the upper right is go to sellers store, "mariposa market" and you can see them all. As usual, they ain't cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but they are just cotton and realistic, imho.
She used to just sell all cotton, but now I notice some satin stuff. I guess she's just following the market.
She will, or at least used to, also do custom work.

Patricia
Yes, I've purchased from Aunt D before. Her work is good, and she's friendly. She's gradually increased her prices over the years, so now I generally just can't push that "buy it now" button, but her stuff is really worth it :) Just a note for anybody who hasn't bought from her before, her dresses, even the ones that have "matching diaper cover" tend to be more LG than AB... Meaning they have a lower, defined waist, more like a five year-old might wear, rather than a toddler or baby :)

- - - Updated - - -

sissybaby34 said:
Take a look here, they sell quite a few cotton and eyelet cotton dresses, I have bought 3 from them in the past and they are easy to wash. I also have one of their PVC dresses which is fun to wear and just needs a wipe down!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item...68AAOSwMmBVp3js&_ssn=lacy*bebe&_ipg=200&rt=nc

Thanks for the reply! They DO have quite a few cotton dresses amongst all of the satin, chiffon and PVC ones... I've bought from "lacy-bebe" before, and the only downsides are price (on the high side) and communication (based in Hong Kong). That being said, they make some really nice stuff, and focus on more baby/toddler dresses than many other sellers... Lots of ultra-high "empire waist" dresses that pretty much always show off your diapers/diaper cover. If "baby girl" is the look you're going for, they are pretty darn good, if a little expensive :) One note of caution... Be specific on measurements, ESPECIALLY on the diaper cover. The diaper covers run on the small side if you're not specific. Leave an extra inch or two for diapers, if that applies :)

I plan on checking out some of these. I really haven't searched too far yet, but I'd like one regular "Play" dress that can stand up to everyday use and one "special" dress for dressing over the top! I had one picked out from Binkies and Bows, but when I went to her page today she noted that she is on "hiatus" for awhile. Looks like if I want to order from her I may be waiting awhile, and not sure how patient I am. And yes, I agree, cotton seems to be the way to go for ease of laundering, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back