Status
Not open for further replies.

dpdcode

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So I recognize that the adult baby diaper market seems to just be a bunch of the same stuff. All of the diapers seem to be the same shape whether it's the wrap around padding or the pictures of babies or animals also wearing diapers down to the thick plastic/poly backing and wide but short tapes. I am a 90's baby so I remember the square cut non-wrap around padding with the high rise in the back and thin LOUD plastic backing. Ohhh and the scent mmmmmm the scent... I miss those):
I would like to get some views from all of you on what you would like to see in an adult baby diaper.
And go...

For me a nappy needs to be nice and thick very absorbent, comfortable slightly noisy and noticeable under my clothes.

To be honest, the ABDL community has never had as rich a set of options for diapers as we have now. There are a bunch of different varieties in terms of patterns, and several really good brands in terms of overall quality, with ABU and Bambino in particular both offering really good premium diapers with different all over prints. There's also variety between single and double tab diapers, and some different cuts among the brands in terms of how high or low they rise.

So, at least for me, I don't have any particular new requests because I'm still trying out the variety of all the good stuff that's out there. Though I'm definitely interested to hear more thoughts about what might be missing even from the current line of diapers.

I think we are already pretty close with ABUs Vintage range only they need to make a model in light pink with some cutesy characters on the taping panel as a homage to Huggies for Her 90s.

Only other thing to make them "perfect" for me would be too trim just a bit of the squared off plastic around the legs.... Not a complaint just to reach perfection.

Padding that wraps completely around the sides of a disposable to allow side sleepers better resistance to leaks.
Higher leak guards that go all the way up the diaper so if you shift to pointing up down there, you are still protected.

Should have that fresh Luvs scent.

Agreed. Most ABDL diapers are all made on the same machine. They are just rehashed versions of the same diaper, with small or pointless changes between them.

However, recently Crinklz became available in the US. Finally we have an ABDL diaper that actually has a proper fit!!! This is what I've been wanting for over a decade. The only thing I'd change on them is to make them much cheaper.

The post reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer helped design the "perfect car" for an "average Joe"... Whey they were done, it cost over $100,000. If anybody ever built the perfect AB diaper, most ABs couldn't or wouldn't spend the money it would cost to produce them :)

ArchieRoni said:
To be honest, the ABDL community has never had as rich a set of options for diapers as we have now. There are a bunch of different varieties in terms of patterns, and several really good brands in terms of overall quality, with ABU and Bambino in particular both offering really good premium diapers with different all over prints. There's also variety between single and double tab diapers, and some different cuts among the brands in terms of how high or low they rise.

So, at least for me, I don't have any particular new requests because I'm still trying out the variety of all the good stuff that's out there. Though I'm definitely interested to hear more thoughts about what might be missing even from the current line of diapers.

I totally agree!!!
Even the preschools cloth back are perfect for the ones who like to wear with discretion like me when I work, etc.
I think the marking and the companies like Abu are doing a great job and the community is looking awesome :)

Personally for me I think the Rearz Inspire+ InControl is almost perfect.

My only gripe with them is that the bottom sets of tapes seem to be a bit finicky, but even then better than most brands. I think if the Rearz simply had "redo" tapes they would be perfect. (Which I've suggested to them since for whatever reason the adhesive on the bottom tapes wears out.)

kind of hard to make a perfect diaper as people have different needs and desires who wear

Some people want something thick, baby prints, impractical to ship in high quantity with waistbands, plastic.
Others want something more discreet, not at all looking babyish, cloth diapering.
Still others want giant baby diapers.

I've said it a thousand times, I'll say it again. Make a diaper like modern Pampers. We are soooooo close with the Bambino Magnifico.

I read in the comments how crinklz has more of a proper fit to them could anybody explain this a bit better or give me a bit of a better review?

I have actually been wondering the same thing. I have tried just about every other abdl diaper on the market

As far as I know, the Crinklz is the same as the Betterdry, just printed. Maybe you'll find more reviews if you look for Betterdry. The ones I read were in German, so I think that would not help much...

It is my favourite diaper for the night...

MailCat581 said:
ABU Super Dry Kids is one of my favorite diaper to wear. If the could just make it like they make Pampers Baby Dry now with the stretch to fit tabs but keep one tape on each side and the plastic crinkling cover then I'll stay with them for sure! That's my idea of a perfect diaper.

That sounds like a perfectly fabulous upgrade for version 3 SDKs ABU should look into though I wonder if that will move them away from the whole vintage line?

First the Diaper has to be ALL PLASTIC (crinkly is a bonus). Cloth backed can go to hell. The tapes surface area would have to measure 2" wide by 2.5" long. There would have to be three versions of tapes available. There would be 2, 4,& 6 tape versions. It would have to be full padding, from front to back and extend generously in the wings. It would have to be thick, especially in the middle and lower back part. Diaper wedgies suck and can lead to leaks. Standing leg guards would be preferred. Swelling when wet is ok. A light powder scent would be great. Sizes would come in small 22 - 28", medium 26 - 32", regular 30 - 38", large 38 - 46", XL 44 - 58", XXL 56 - 68".

I like the soft plastic of ABU Playschool, and the tab system of Bambino Magnifico's.

ClickyKeys said:
Personally for me I think the Rearz Inspire+ InControl is almost perfect.

My only gripe with them is that the bottom sets of tapes seem to be a bit finicky, but even then better than most brands. I think if the Rearz simply had "redo" tapes they would be perfect. (Which I've suggested to them since for whatever reason the adhesive on the bottom tapes wears out.)
Wow, I thought I just had a bad batch or something. Especially when the Seductions I bought at the same time have perfect tapes. I suspect the Inspire bottom tapes are faulty and it must be a production line thing. Doesn't make sense to put these weak tapes on the bottom. I'm sticking with the Seductions for a while, these things ROCK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back