Let's build the perfect diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
fleyreva said:
I read in the comments how crinklz has more of a proper fit to them could anybody explain this a bit better or give me a bit of a better review?

Sure. It's mostly about the placement of the tapes. Crinklz actualls has lower tapes which will allow you to get a snug fit around your legs. This prevents leaks really well. It's overall fit is very close to confidry, though the side panels are just a little bit shorter.

Crinklz also has a TON of sap in addition to having a lot of pulp. This makes it swell up quite huge when soaked. It also makes it the best I've ever seen for absorbing a lot without leaking. Crinklz also has very high leak guards. Everything together this is enough that the diaper works great for side sleeping without needing a booster or anything. The only down side is it's not great for wicking because of all the sap, and after 10+ hours of wearing one the padding starts to break apart and clump.

Comparitively, literally every other abdl diaper out there uses a tape landing zone. This forces manufacturers to move up the lower tapes towards the middle. When properly sized, this "no lower tapes" design will not allow for a snug fit around the legs. You will leak long before even reaching a quarter of its capacity capacity.

I should mention you can compensate for this though, by wearing one size too small. This will allow for a very tight "fit", especially around the legs. Unfortunately this will so mean the top of the diaper will barely come up to your hips (belt) line, and not your waist line like its supposed to. This in turn greatly increases the chance of leaking over the top of the diaper.

Additionally, the smaller cut of the diaper will produce a much tighter fit overalll. Diapers need to be slightly loose inside to allow for the diaper's swelling when wet, as well as for containing messes which will otherwise have nowhere to spread to, but out and over the back of the diaper.

And, the tigheter fit will mean you'll be likely to experience diaper blow outs when it swells and stretches the plastic apart. Lastly, the tighter fit also means the tapes will be very likely to pop off. Manufacturers compensated for this by strengthening the tape landing zone and making the tapes stickier though.

I get a LOT of people like having their diaper fit more like underwear, but it obviously compromises the functionality of the diaper which to me is just wrong. A diaper is designed and made to fit like a diaper, and should function like one too. Crinklz is the only abdl diaper out there that does just this.

The OP isn't asking what diapers you like. They want to know how you would build the perfect diaper (for you).

BuffedBaby said:
Wow, I thought I just had a bad batch or something. Especially when the Seductions I bought at the same time have perfect tapes. I suspect the Inspire bottom tapes are faulty and it must be a production line thing. Doesn't make sense to put these weak tapes on the bottom. I'm sticking with the Seductions for a while, these things ROCK!!!

I had the same problem with Seductions which makes sense as they are the same besides colour. I think it's just because the bottom move more making the defect happen there rather than the top, I've had it happen to tops too just much rarer.

BabyLink9 said:
I've said it a thousand times, I'll say it again. Make a diaper like modern Pampers. We are soooooo close with the Bambino Magnifico.

I've worn a number of Magnifico recently, last night in fact. The velcro and the stretchy sides work really well. I haven't heavily stressed them, but they sides don't look to be in ANY danger of physically failing, which is a huge improvement over their first attempt with the stretch-tape run of Teddy a few years ago. The velcro tapes are VERY well done, with the tapering at the root for strength, and the clothlike top cover on them and rounded edges. (the velcro run of cushies had sharp corners and hard tapes that dug into your wrists when sleeping) The only complaint I really have on them is you have to give up the smooth plastic feel on the front panel. Now I realize there's nothing you can do about that, it's a necessary tradeoff, so it has to be accepted if you want velcro.

So what would you suggest to "close the gap" on "soooo close"?

Thank you to slomo for your comment about crinklz I ended up ordering some and love them

mayhem said:
First the Diaper has to be ALL PLASTIC (crinkly is a bonus). Cloth backed can go to hell. The tapes surface area would have to measure 2" wide by 2.5" long. There would have to be three versions of tapes available. There would be 2, 4,& 6 tape versions. It would have to be full padding, from front to back and extend generously in the wings. It would have to be thick, especially in the middle and lower back part. Diaper wedgies suck and can lead to leaks. Standing leg guards would be preferred. Swelling when wet is ok. A light powder scent would be great. Sizes would come in small 22 - 28", medium 26 - 32", regular 30 - 38", large 38 - 46", XL 44 - 58", XXL 56 - 68".

This would be the perfect diaper. You got my vote. :thumbsup: I would add two things. One is a frontal landing zone for the tapes with a nice design on it. So you can refasten the tapes. Second must come in three colors. Light blue, light pink, and white. No markings going down the side of the diaper. Just basic plan colors. Which reminds me of the Huggies Baby Steps! :biggrin:

fleyreva said:
Thank you to slomo for your comment about crinklz I ended up ordering some and love them

No problem. I hope they work good for you too, but please let us know. Since diapers fit everyone differently it's kind of important to get lots of feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back