Cracked article including diaper fetish

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMS401

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yes, as you might expect, even in an article about hypnotherapy and sexuality, we do not come off well. The person mentioned in the article was an AB looking to regress and also lose bladder control. The therapist thought it was "creepy."

Look, I don't get ABs, and I can't imagine wanting to eliminate the option to wear regular underwear, but I thought this was a bridge too far.

-RMS

To be fair- sounds pretty Even handed. Does it make ABDLs seem odd? Yes! Does it portray us as anything other than consenting adults exploring sexuality? Maybe. That title was a little off color.

Not sure what they mean by Kiddie Play. That sounds too much like Pedophilia to me...

322633dc3f85f4148de79bf0a00e2cd9.jpg

Perhaps we should contact the author and ask them to explain that ABDL DOES NOT INCLUDE CHILDREN. ONLY CONSENTING ADULTS.

Yeah, this is ridiculous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I mean, I'm all for equal opportunity, and yes, I admit we are a weird, tabboo fetish, but seriously? "Kiddie play" being used in an article so close to the age group is beyond infuriating. I'm perplexed as to why the author didn't do more research about the actual fetish, vs the attraction to feelings of safety and security (arguably the same thing) that's provided by the interaction of regressing or wearing diapers/pullups.
Obviously the author has a certain amount of biased towards things outside their realm of normalcy, and that, my friends, is not he makings of good journalism.

The Second Edition of the 20-volume Oxford English Dictionary contains full entries for*171,476 words*in current use. There are better words to convey a less misconstrued message to the general public.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Kiddie play makes me think of "riding" the horse head or broom stick around the house, it in no way makes me think ABDL or regression maybe we should write back and tell them they are clown journalist, see if they like being labeled offensively.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I don't get offended by people calling ABDL weird, strange, gross, etc. But any connection to pedophilia crosses the line for me. I didn't actually read the text for #3 simply because the reference towards kiddy play grossed me out and made me pissed.

This isn't even the first time Cracked has talked about ABDL. They wrote an article all about ABDL about a year ago, and that was fine. The representation in that article was fine. But this, No. At least the article isn't about ABDL and people are focusing much more on the other parts of the article that really talk about hypnosis and aren't really discussing ABDL.
http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2202-4-realities-being-adult-with-diaper-fetish.html

That entire article seems to be into mocking the so called "therapist's" various customers. Sounds like a horrible person who doesn't really want to help people... I feel sorry for their clients!

That second article starts by mocking for entertainment, then tries to make up for it by putting it in the context of other kinks and forms of self therapy/medication. Better I guess... Not sure I'd expect anything else from Cracked though.

Its really sad that the AB/DL community has to be portrayed like this.

There needs to be more distinction drawn between this community and criminal desires (pedophilia). This is something that raises my blood pressure to no limit. I can see that many others on here are no different.
Random rant incoming- Im also tired of people with the assumption that as a DL, we are attracted to people that wear diapers as opposed to ourselves wearing them. For me, i simply enjoy wearing them and nothing else. It is of my personal opinion, that as a "therapist" this should be addressed. Mainly because the psychological aspects between two, vary greatly. Now, i think that it should seem obvious that someone not into the idea of others wearing diapers/dressing like a baby, could never border criminal boundaries. If staring at pictures of attractive women/men in diapers is your thing, by all means. I just want to put it out there that if you are ever seeking to explain your sexuality or "separate" yourself from any unwanted labels (pedophilia, incest etc.) Its probably your best bet. Its been a "frown upside down" kind of statement on more than one occasion for me.

But on a serious note, yes, acting/dressing like a baby and viewing it as something sexual (or not sexual) is still odd. (sorry ABs) but so is just wearing a diaper out of interest. (including myself)
As an adult that takes part in this, you kind of need to admit that. Just part of being humble and sane. Still doesn't change the fact that people can do whatever they want behind closed doors as long as its consensual between both parties. There is another article by Cracked "4 realities when you wear your fetish under your clothes" which also kind of throws us into the shitter but in a more polite way. Made for an interesting comment section though, nonetheless XD

Last edited:
And yet another example of why we need to understand ourselves that there is a HUGE difference between ABDL's and having a Diaper Fetish (or DS for diapers sexual/fetish)

While some here may not see a need for this distinction, that article proves otherwise. Only when we start understanding this will we be able to get the rest of society like this to understand too.

Slomo said:
And yet another example of why we need to understand ourselves that there is a HUGE difference between ABDL's and having a Diaper Fetish (or DS for diapers sexual/fetish)

While some here may not see a need for this distinction, that article proves otherwise. Only when we start understanding this will we be able to get the rest of society like this to understand too.

I don't see what it proves other than that fringe groups will be misunderstood (perhaps intentionally for ratings/eyeballs) by those who aren't involved. I don't think that trying to distance ourselves from sexual association will suddenly render this odd desire attractive or even okay.

I may not be rubbing my diaper all the time but at it's core, I do this for sexual reasons. I think it's easier to explain odd behavior through that lens to the many people who have kinks as well. To me, the more productive approach is to seek greater overall acceptance of harmless strangeness. This helps weirdos of all stripes and reasons. I'm okay to explain to anyone who wants to listen why this isn't pedophilia or why it's fun. Without an environment where strange desires are okay to discuss, that conversation is more difficult.

That mentality is why I want to make fiction involving ABDL characters in stuff for non ABDLs. I want to destroy such mentality as seen in that article.

Trevor said:
I don't see what it proves other than that fringe groups will be misunderstood (perhaps intentionally for ratings/eyeballs) by those who aren't involved. I don't think that trying to distance ourselves from sexual association will suddenly render this odd desire attractive or even okay.

I may not be rubbing my diaper all the time but at it's core, I do this for sexual reasons. I think it's easier to explain odd behavior through that lens to the many people who have kinks as well. To me, the more productive approach is to seek greater overall acceptance of harmless strangeness. This helps weirdos of all stripes and reasons. I'm okay to explain to anyone who wants to listen why this isn't pedophilia or why it's fun. Without an environment where strange desires are okay to discuss, that conversation is more difficult.

Totally agree on both fronts!

I don't see how throwing folks under the bus helps any thing? I think it just continues to make it OK to exclude, marginalize, demonize, etc.

Besides while I appreciate that fro some folsk there's nothing sexual at all here, and for others it's all sexual, for some of us (me included) is a weird fuzzy mix that changes over time...

I'm with Trevor in that I'd rather embrace all oddities, sexual and not!

Trevor said:

Exactly! It proves fringe groups willxbe misunderstood. Of coures it doesnt help when a lot of ABDL's themself don't understand it either.

And suddenly? Hardly. While this exact same distancing tactict has worked for the gay movement, this alone has taken well over thirty years, and even now it's arguable we've really acomplished societial acceptance for it to be ok being gay (if not at least much more closer to it than when we started in the 80's). My point however, is that seperating out the sexuality aspect of it from gay just being a part of who we are has worked towards being accepted.

And while it's true this proven method might not also work for ABDL's as well, there's no reason to say it won't either. Plus, I don't see anyone else offering suggestion of just how we need to go about getting society to accept us. Just more griping of how they wish it would happen. And since wishing never works this is the best chance we have of getting it so far- even if that means working towards it for the next thirty plus years.

Of course, if you've got any better ideas then I'm all for hearing it.

Slomo said:
Exactly! It proves fringe groups willxbe misunderstood. Of coures it doesnt help when a lot of ABDL's themself don't understand it either.

And suddenly? Hardly. While this exact same distancing tactict has worked for the gay movement, this alone has taken well over thirty years, and even now it's arguable we've really acomplished societial acceptance for it to be ok being gay (if not at least much more closer to it than when we started in the 80's). My point however, is that seperating out the sexuality aspect of it from gay just being a part of who we are has worked towards being accepted.

And while it's true this proven method might not also work for ABDL's as well, there's no reason to say it won't either. Plus, I don't see anyone else offering suggestion of just how we need to go about getting society to accept us. Just more griping of how they wish it would happen. And since wishing never works this is the best chance we have of getting it so far- even if that means working towards it for the next thirty plus years.

Of course, if you've got any better ideas then I'm all for hearing it.

I would say it's debatable what led to greater acceptance for gays in Western society. I don't see it as a separation of sexuality from gayness (if that's even possible) but that gays stopped hiding. Gays (everyone, really) are more than just the sex they have or even who they love but it's a big deal. Once people realized that gays weren't some mythical creature far away but were actually people they knew and loved, it became far easier to accept them. The sexual gratification I have from diapers isn't all I am either but it is the reason why I do the weird things I do. Rather than getting bogged down in why we do what we do, I think the visibility thing might have an angle.

That exact method isn't going to do it for us because we don't have the numbers for enough people to know us. Where I have seen this work, and not over decades like for gays but within less than ten years is in the furry community with babyfurs. With increased visibility, more furs have seen that babyfurs exist and they're not really any weirder than anyone else in the community. Acceptance is far from universal but there's an openness that is far beyond what it was. It seems similar within the kink community in general. That community is making strides toward acceptance of weird behavior and I see we have common cause with them. We are not enough to make a change in the perception of more than people we know. Leveraging groups of weirdos may get us there.

Okay.. I don't want to get in a thread derailing argument, but...

First off I think Trevor offered two specific ideas. Making society more generally tolerant of all odd folks (and now a suggestion for finding common cause with other sexual kinks), and ZetaSonic offered a suggestion for building empathy and understanding for ABDL folks by including representations of them in stories (games, comics, etc). So there's quite a few suggestions for ABDL acceptance w/o throwing anybody under the bus.

Second off, I have no idea how to even understand the premise that somehow gayness was separated from sexuality or sexual preference in popular understanding, and that played any part in increased acceptance. Like, if you ignore the homosexuality entirely there is no 'gay'.

As far I as I can see it's been successful (very much a work in progress) because it has been about humanizing *despite* the sexual preference. Not denying it or hiding it.

Being offended by cracked for portraying an interest as odd is like going to the onion as your primary news source.

Trevor said:
... Gays (everyone, really) are more than just the sex they have or even who they love but it's a big deal. Once people realized that gays weren't some mythical creature far away but were actually people they knew and loved, it became far easier to accept them....

And yet this is exactly what I have been saying this whole time. And this quote alone adds a lot of support to exactly what you're trying to argue against.

Once we are able to seperate out the sexual aspect from being abdl (which is undeniably still there), then we will be better suited to get everyone, including ourselves, to understand that we are more than just the sexual aspect of it, and actual people whom are known and loved. To be socially accepted for who we are.

This is how we apply that very same thing we gays (meaning me as well) have already gone through, to that abdl acceptance as well. Though yes I do state again, and agree, it may not fully translate to ABDL's like it did with Gays.

Again though, it is one possible solution and I have yet to hear any other possible solutions from you or anyone else- just the complaints. So instead of trying to help and work towards this, the real question is why are you so bent on working against it?

Uh... am I muted?
(Is that even a thing on this forum?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back