Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleAndrea

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
My dinner tonight:

123.jpg

So I decided to make up a bit of an adult version of a home made baby food recipe for dinner tonight. Wow was it yummy. If anyone is interested here is the recipe:

4 cups water
4 boneless chicken thighs
1 bag frozen broccoli
2 cups uncooked egg noodles
2 maggi chicken bullion cubes or 4 of the regular kind or just use 4 cups of chicken stock at the beginning of it but to be honest your going to get less flavor.

Boil the chicken and the broccoli in the water with the bullion cubes for about 2 hours, take the chicken out and cut it up, add it back in with the egg noodles, keep it boiling it until they are cooked. Allow it to cool really well if you prefer it to meld perhaps even over night. When ready to serve dish out the amount you want into your bowl, then transfer into the container of a magic bullet it needs to be a high power motor to get the truly smooth consistency. Try to get as little of the broth as possible and only add more to get a thinner consistency if you want it. Reheat in the microwave and serve, so super yummy! I served it with Homemade caramel applesauce (apples with the skin for fiber, low fat caramel sauce and lemon juice to save color again in the magic bullet).

Hmmm, wonder if I should write an AB cookbook lol :p

BTW this makes quite a few servings and makes a really great soups for the non ab's and littles in the family too.

Well,

Sounds like a good dinner...

I don't regularly eat baby food...

But, writing a small book with adult meals you can blend might be good...

My dad had to eat all blended food in the hospital after stroke, and there are other reasons...

Might even sell a bunch...

For someone that has bad jaw issues - TMJ or TMD. My jaw joints are flat which causes a large amount of pain, inflammation and eating is very difficult. I have had to go back to blending veggies as they are too painful to eat and chew. But they don't taste very good - I need someone here to force me to eat them!

KarmaBaby said:
For someone that has bad jaw issues - TMJ or TMD. My jaw joints are flat which causes a large amount of pain, inflammation and eating is very difficult. I have had to go back to blending veggies as they are too painful to eat and chew. But they don't taste very good - I need someone here to force me to eat them!

Could you mix in some gravy or veg gravy to make them taste better?

- - - Updated - - -

I am not an adult baby, but I do like a lot of baby related items, I am watching my sugar intake and have Cow & Gate Apple Crumble which is only 5.8g of sugar per 100g, instead of regular biscuits at 41g of sugar per 100g. The baby apple crumble eaten cold straight from the jar in the fridge tastes like apple sauce.

Kittylitter said:
Could you mix in some gravy or veg gravy to make them taste better?

- - - Updated - - -

I am not an adult baby, but I do like a lot of baby related items, I am watching my sugar intake and have Cow & Gate Apple Crumble which is only 5.8g of sugar per 100g, instead of regular biscuits at 41g of sugar per 100g. The baby apple crumble eaten cold straight from the jar in the fridge tastes like apple sauce.

hmmm never thought of gravy. I've been playing with curry spice mixes and olive oil and that helps a bit. Thanks!!

Yummy. This baby girl would be interested in a cook book!!! Great job!

I have done a couple others since this one. I did a pulled pork puree that was AMAZING!!! Done in the crock pot then fridge overnight pureed and reheated, yummmmmmm! as well as some garlic and Parmesan broccoli puree also delicious. Maybe I will start thinking of putting together a little cookbook for all of the little happy mouths out there. Real baby food is a bit bland but finding recipes for adults that blend up to the same consistency that taste good sounds like a project I can really sink my teeth into. (Pun totally intended)
The biggest problem that I run into is pretty much everything with meat has to sit and get to room temp and then be reheated. Or even better sit overnight but I supposed patience is a virtue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back