Telling my parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophiaa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So, this may seem quite out of the ordinary for most, but I'm considering telling my parents about my 'incontinence' problem. I don't have a full time issue with it, I just struggle holding my bladder at times, and seem to need the toilet quite often.

The reasons why I want to tell them are: To make it less of a secret, so I don't have to be 'discreet' whilst ordering them. So I can be more open, and truthful with them. I mainly just want them to be okay with me making myself feel comfortable by using diapers, and ordering them to our house with no questions or comments.

The way I would word this, and approach them about it, I have no idea. Though I wouldn't say anything like: I love diapers, I get excited by them etc.

I'd like to hear what everyone has to say, your opinions, what you would say etc. Thank you!

I mean - if you're living with them and there really is an issue, it's the responsible thing to do; otherwise you run the risk of being found out the hard way, right?

Have you seen a doctor? If you've got enough of a problem that diapers are necessary, don't be surprised if people are concerned for your health.

Trevor said:
Have you seen a doctor? If you've got enough of a problem that diapers are necessary, don't be surprised if people are concerned for your health.

They aren't necessary, although they'd just make me feel more relaxed and comfortable. And I haven't seen a doctor, I don't think I need to, nor would I know what to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Songnar said:
I mean - if you're living with them and there really is an issue, it's the responsible thing to do; otherwise you run the risk of being found out the hard way, right?

To what extent do you define it as an 'issue'? I wouldn't wear them every day, just on days when I'm going out and may not feel comfortable going to the toilet etc. And yes, that's what I mean. I feel it'd be better them knowing than them confronting me, I just don't know what to say.

OK 2 ways one tell the truth they will feel they failed parenting may or may not accept your wearing diaper.
Two tell mom you having heavy periods then that's understandable reason .
Hope that helps

So you don't really need diapers. If you think about telling your parents I would if anything at all tell them the truth. Why in the world would you bluntly lie to the persons who would generously give their life for yours? Just because you can order diapers home? Please don't tell me you need them for medical issues. You said it yourself that you wouldn't know why to see a doctor. Your wear them for pleasure.
Telling them the truth is the only way of telling I see fit. Although I never really saw a real reason why one should do that. Your love for diapers is something personal. You don't share with your parents how you like to have sex with whom and which way etc. I think this applies to diapers as well.

pampersguy said:
So you don't really need diapers. If you think about telling your parents I would if anything at all tell them the truth. Why in the world would you bluntly lie to the persons who would generously give their life for yours? Just because you can order diapers home? Please don't tell me you need them for medical issues. You said it yourself that you wouldn't know why to see a doctor. Your wear them for pleasure.
Telling them the truth is the only way of telling I see fit. Although I never really saw a real reason why one should do that. Your love for diapers is something personal. You don't share with your parents how you like to have sex with whom and which way etc. I think this applies to diapers as well.

You're coming off as arrogant, aren't you? If you read the post, diapers would make me feel more comfortable and relaxed. I wouldn't have to worry about finding the nearest toilets etc. Please read the post before commenting something that states my reason to wear them is for 'pleasure' I never once said it was for pleasure, ridiculous.

I'd avoid telling them if you can - keep the DL side separate, else you end up going for urological test at the doctor's. I went through many months worth of tests ranging from ones that were not that big of a deal to the most painful and embarrassing test procedure I've ever experienced. As mentioned before by others, your parents will be very concerned for your health (or at least they should be!), and will want answers and solutions, and specifically not diapers.

That's one of the stigmas against people with IC - everyone thinks "why haven't they fixed you yet? Isn't there some drug you can take, or surgery you can have that will fix it?" Sometimes there is, other times it just doesn't work, and even some other times you're worse off from trying it. Judging by the symptoms you list, that may just be the way your bladder is, or one day you might get "lucky" and they may get worse. Then you can experience all the "fun" that comes with actually being IC, and end up writing posts like this to others on this board. In other words - don't rush it, haha.

If it's just for fun, order the diapers discreetly, enjoy them discreetly, and keep it that way at least until you move out. It's the best for everyone that way.

If you have to look for the nearest toilet at home, your house is to big and I would like to come live with you , this would relieve you of having to tell your parents a lie because I have more than enough diapers for all of us !

A responsible parent would take you to a urologist straight away to have you tested and evaluated , most people are aware that there is a grand canyon of interventions between continence and diapers, if you lie to your parents at this age you will never be trusted again , simply don't do it!

If you want to tell them you enjoy diapers and want to have the full on fetish talk , that's one thing , but lie and you will compound the problem 1000%,it would also be a lie that you would have to live the entire rest of your life , at school at home at work with potential girlfriends etc.. if you really want to complicate your life , it's your life to ruin obviously , if you want to wear and be super discreet and order on the down low, that's up to you , but telling your parents a lie is not going to accomplish what you think it will , aside from doing it quietly and stealthily it's the considerate experience of everyone here ( that you asked ) both ABDL and IC don't proceed , if you get a job and move out and want to wear full time , in your place and around your friends and family , there is not much anyone can say about it , but well living under your parents roof , it's there rules like them or not and if you obviously know they will be distressed with you sneaking around , the problem they will have with you lying to them far exceeds your imagination of being caught with diapers . You either have a diaper fetish or a severe mental illness to tell such a lie and expect a good outcome , you may get some weird looks and comments if you are caught wearing them on the sly ,but will never live down the lie you tell to your parents face in order to wear a diaper openly , they may be OK with it and have no problem pending medical testing , but if the tests show you are fine that approval will be removed and the expenses of that lie are a debt you will never repay, there is nothing wrong with wanting to wear , it's a simple fetish that many people have ,but it is definitely not worth ruining your life over , so just dont do it, either be truthfully and honest that it's a harmless fetish you enjoy and buy the diapers and wear them when you are alone with your parents thinking your weird, or buy them on the sly and wear them with the risk of getting caught and your parents thinking your weird ,but to sit down with your parents like an adult and completely lie to there faces like a child is something that most adults would find intolerable and the repercussions would be never forgotten.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Tetra said:
If you have to look for the nearest toilet at home, your house is to big and I would like to come live with you , this would relieve you of having to tell your parents a lie because I have more than enough diapers for all of us !

A responsible parent would take you to a urologist straight away to have you tested and evaluated , most people are aware that there is a grand canyon of interventions between continence and diapers, if you lie to your parents at this age you will never be trusted again , simply don't do it!

If you want to tell them you enjoy diapers and want to have the full on fetish talk , that's one thing , but lie and you will compound the problem 1000%,it would also be a lie that you would have to live the entire rest of your life , at school at home at work with potential girlfriends etc.. if you really want to complicate your life , it's your life to ruin obviously , if you want to wear and be super discreet and order on the down low, that's up to you , but telling your parents a lie is not going to accomplish what you think it will , aside from doing it quietly and stealthily it's the considerate experience of everyone here ( that you asked ) both ABDL and IC don't proceed , if you get a job and move out and want to wear full time , in your place and around your friends and family , there is not much anyone can say about it , but well living under your parents roof , it's there rules like them or not and if you obviously know they will be distressed with you sneaking around , the problem they will have with you lying to them far exceeds your imagination of being caught with diapers . You either have a diaper fetish or a severe mental illness to tell such a lie and expect a good outcome , you may get some weird looks and comments if you are caught wearing them on the sly ,but will never live down the lie you tell to your parents face in order to wear a diaper openly , they may be OK with it and have no problem pending medical testing , but if the tests show you are fine that approval will be removed and the expenses of that lie are a debt you will never repay, there is nothing wrong with wanting to wear , it's a simple fetish that many people have ,but it is definitely not worth ruining your life over , so just dont do it, either be truthfully and honest that it's a harmless fetish you enjoy and buy the diapers and wear them when you are alone with your parents thinking your weird, or buy them on the sly and wear them with the risk of getting caught and your parents thinking your weird ,but to sit down with your parents like an adult and completely lie to there faces like a child is something that most adults would find intolerable and the repercussions would be never forgotten.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Very well said!!! Never lie! It just gets way too complicated, always respect your parents wishes.

If you are suffering from IC issues than you should be focusing on finding the appropriate treatment and not trying to find ways to order diapers easily. As others have said above your plan could lead to making your situation worse. I have found this website very helpful and it may help you work out what to say to your doctor.

http://patient.info/health/urge-incontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back