Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Male Anatomy, Leaks and Incontinence

Default Male Anatomy, Leaks and Incontinence

Following on from my previous thread, I'm really struggling with nappy leaks, especially during the night.

I wear the most absorbent Molicare Slips (plastic backed) at night, size medium (large are too big on me) and I'm experiencing two types of leaks:

1) During the night, my penis breaks through the inside of the diaper meaning that gel leaks everywhere as I soil the nappy through the night. It also makes changing messy as the gel is everywhere on my skin.

2) I am wetting out of the top of my nappy eventhough my penis is pointing down. It's almost as if the nappy is compressing my genitals and forcing the liquid to escape whatever way possible.

I'm considering whether a large baby nappy used as a stuffer will help- any suggestions?

It actually sounds like you're wearing a diaper that is too small. This forces it to be tapped on so tight your penis is then able to break through the inner layer. Plus with it so small the top waistband doesn't extend up high enough and lets it leak from over the top. At least that's what it sounds like.

You say larges are too big though. How so? Does the diaper extend up to your waist band (not to be confused with your hips/belt line)? If not then it actually is too small.

Molicare diapers aren't exactly premium diapers either. It's quite possible you just need something better. Have you tried any other brands lately? I'd recommend Confidry24/7 or Northshore Supreme. Especially for overnight use.

Maybe you should try cloth diapers. They are much more easy to adjust to the proper size. You can double up or use a prefold as a stuffer if you need it also.

As others have said, you've been using the wrong size. Seeing that you use the term nappy, I'm guessing you don't live in the US. You should try Better Dry brand. They are significantly better than Molicare.

As others have said, measuring your waist starts at the belly button, not the modern belt line. Your diapers should fit tall and by guessing, you sound like you're between sizes. Going with the larger size, especially at night will definitely help reduce the chances of leaking and tearing the lining. This comes from REM sleep and is natural to get erections while sleeping and will always happen.

Thanks for the replies!

When I say that I feel that a large is too large, they absolutely flood me as I'm pretty slim with a 32 inch waist. Even with the medium, they rise up high on my body and make me waddle. Not really an issue at night, but I also use these pads during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip92 View Post
    Thanks for the replies!

When I say that I feel that a large is too large, they absolutely flood me as I'm pretty slim with a 32 inch waist. Even with the medium, they rise up high on my body and make me waddle. Not really an issue at night, but I also use these pads during the day.
    Lol, they're diapers, not underwear. That's how they are supposed to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip92 View Post
    Following on from my previous thread, I'm really struggling with nappy leaks, especially during the night.

I wear the most absorbent Molicare Slips (plastic backed) at night, size medium (large are too big on me) and I'm experiencing two types of leaks:

1) During the night, my penis breaks through the inside of the diaper meaning that gel leaks everywhere as I soil the nappy through the night. It also makes changing messy as the gel is everywhere on my skin.

2) I am wetting out of the top of my nappy eventhough my penis is pointing down. It's almost as if the nappy is compressing my genitals and forcing the liquid to escape whatever way possible.

I'm considering whether a large baby nappy used as a stuffer will help- any suggestions?
    I've had that problem with Molicare also (occasional leaking)... Great diaper, great absorbency, weak plastic. Try switching to a brand with a thicker/stronger backing if you can. I had decent luck with Abena X-Plus, and better luck with Northshore Supers. The wicking is excellent, and really does help distribute some urine to the rear of the diaper over time.

I'm sure others can give you more thorough suggestions, but those are the best diapers I've personally tried, and I've had zero problems with the Northshore and leaks. And much fewer with the Abena versus the Molicare.

Well you could be hung like a horse and be getting nocturnal erections thereby piercing the diaper, or could be wearing to small a diaper as has been said , a disposable properly fitted should end about the level of your belly button , adding a stuffer or doubler will probably just seal your fate in leaking , many people when using them end up with ineffective leak guards and or collapsed leak guards, if you are absolutely sure you are wearing the right sized diaper a doubler could help if used unconventional, using one with an adhesive strip lay it sideways in your open diaper just at the level where the front leak guards end , and then tape up, this will give you an added absorbent barrier that's horizontally blocking the ability to urinate over the waist band. As someone said for sleeping a cloth diaper is best , it really can not be beat , especially if your a side sleeper as I am , I change into my cloth night diaper at 1 am when I cath for the last time . You could try that added barrier and see if it helps , if your a young healthy guy nocturnal erections happen naturally multiple times a night and they only way to be sure to stop penetrating your diaper is to go to cloth , it will mean a little more laundry and some dreft or any dye free fragrance free soap to wash them but is not that onerous a chore , you could also wear a cloth diaper with S disposable over it if you did not want to buy plastic pants.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Casual observation:
    You are not going out on the street so - stop wearing a bikini type nappy to sleep in.
    Your bed clothes nappies should be Michelin Man adult sized with a moisture proof panty to handle moisture no matter which way you sleep.
    Double it up add pads inserts even a small Turkish bath towel if you are frequent wetter - the diaper fitting should be snug but not so snug to wring out the urine as you roll over in you sleep.
    Wear a loin cloth type piece of toweling to prevent leaking near the belly - sound silly try it - it just may be the ticket you need.
    Are you sleeping on a moisture proof mattress pad - one less worry about leaks going places that they should not .
    Check with your Doctor about how much hydration you need at before and during the night - cut out drinking fluids x hours before bed - slow the volume of urine to a manageable level.

you may want to try a different brief, I've heard molicares while working well aren't the best fit for all