Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Some interesting thoughts about still having attachments to a Teddy Bear or plushie.

[video=youtube;5B_GxNrcdoA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B_GxNrcdoA[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B_GxNrcdoA

Thoughts?

I still have my stuffies around the house and a couple in my room to

I have my fluffy puppie in my bed all the time! Don't have my original stuffies unfortunately lost in fire, but my new ones have been around for a long time now...!

Can't sleep without my puppy, or someone to cuddle with :)

I didnt really have attachments to stuffed animals when I was little. I had a few, sure, but I never rally slept with them or played with them past 6. only started when I was 22.
My old ones are mostly still around somewhere, but they have been stuffed in the basement for a long time, and its flooded with sewage a few times. I have no real wish to resurrect any of them.
I love my new stuffed animals.

I had a strong attachment to my two teddy bears when I was little. Maybe that's why my plushies seem so real to me now. They all have their own personalities, if that's possible, and they act out in different ways, all through my brain, obviously. I would feel a loss if our dog shredded one or more of them. I had to put our dog in our bedroom when we had company because she wouldn't leave our grandson alone. After they left, I liberated the dog only to find she had taken one of my plushies, "Tec the Tractor" off the bed, but she didn't bother him. He was just on the floor. She's a nutty dog, a golden retriever, which explains a lot.

I see nothing wrong with this

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

I love stuff animals and miss mine. This is something to think about

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

my special teddy bare is called billy and I have had him since I was 2 and he's still snugly and cuddly

I'm always wary of a positive Teddy Bear sign.

One? I have two. And they both wear a diaper just like me.

I'm very pleased that science once again shows that it knows what it's talking about.

dogboy said:
I had a strong attachment to my two teddy bears when I was little. Maybe that's why my plushies seem so real to me now.
im sorta the same I feel that they have feelings. and I used to think other objects had feelings but not any more.

Slomo said:
One? I have two. And they both wear a diaper just like me.

Same here!
Howard Hug and Poopy Bears are in dydees and plastic pants.

I remember I had a stuffed animal named Woey. I've had him ever since I was a wee little boy.

I developed a strong attachment to my plushies and I'm at the point where I need them for a good nights sleep. They seem real to me, they have feelings just like everybody else in my view. Just earlier I was playing with mine and cuddling with mine and it always makes me happy and puts a smile one my face. I don't know what I would do if I were to lose one of them.

A 2010 survey conducted with 6,000 Britons by Travelodge revealed 35% of adults admitted they sleep with their teddy.

Last year I bought myself a 25" teddy bear because it looked a lot like the teddy bear I had in my childhood. I had no idea what I was going to do with it.

What I discovered is that I really had forgotten how to play. Teddy taught me how to play again.

Now, I sleep with him in my arms (his arm always ends up resting on my chest... how does that happen?), he wakes me up in the morning by sitting on my chest, moving his arms (with some help) and making funny faces at me. He sits with me when I'm watching TV.

I really do think he's real. I can read the expressions on his face and know when he's happy or sad. I know that he doesn't like it when I touch his ears. He decides in the morning where he wants to spend the day. Sometime he sits in (my now deceased) grampa's old chair. I remember that grampa had a small teddy bear. I ask him "how's grampa and little bear doing?". Other times he rests against the headboard of my bed where he can see out the windows.

I don't see anything wrong with this. He helps me relax so that I sleep better (I have a sleep disorder which I've discussed here before)

Last edited:
Honestly doesn't surprise me! I used to cuddle with my stuffed spotted leopard a lot back when I was young. Although I don't anymore, and probably never will, I still keep him around. :)

My wife kept all her stuffed animals from childhood and has added to them. We built a shelf over the bed for them when the headboard got too crowded. I asked my mother if she had kept my old teddy bear but she said no. Not long after this when she and Dad were at our house for dinner she handed me the sweetest little teddy bear ever, brand new with a yellow ribbon tied in a bow around its neck. I was so touched. She died sixteen years ago and every time I see teddy I think of her. I have a strong attachment to teddy for this reason, and think that perhaps our mourning the death of a parent can be eased a bit by having an attachment object, even when we are grown up.

I used to always sleep with a combination blanket-bear stuffed animal I called Teddy. I still have it, but it's in terrible shape.

The part about wanting the original stuffie instead of a new, identical one is especially true. I have a Pikachu stuffie that I've had since early high school. Trouble is, he's lost tiny bits of stuffing over the years and not quite what he used to be. I want to take him somewhere where I can get him treated and stuffed with new cotton, but I don't know where to even start looking for something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back