Having to conceal ruins the fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsGreenfield

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My only opportunity to wear is when my family are around the house. To conceal the diaper I wear tight boxer briefs and jeans. It's not perfect at reducing the noise, and I like thick diapers which are difficult to hide the bulge of. But I have to make some effort to be inconspicuous if I want to avoid confrontation. I think my mom can tell when I'm wearing and she doesn't say anything but I can tell it makes her tense, annoyed, start pacing more, making extra noise in the kitchen banging pots and cabinet doors. And I don't like the bulky constricted feeling from the boxer briefs and jeans. I wish I could let the diaper hang. I wish I could walk around the house in only my soft fleece pajama bottoms over the diaper, so I could feel cozy and snug and cute like a baby in soft PJ's with a thick, heavy, warm, wet diaper on. It just makes me sad I can't do it the way my heart wants.:frown:

Moving out was the best thing I ever did.

Agreed, since it isn't your house you have to be considerate for your mom's sake. Move out and you'll be able to hang in just a diaper if you want. That's what I did.

You could always rent a motel room for the nite , no harm no foul and wear any way you want .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Enjoy your time with your mom while you can, if I had the choice I'd give up diapers in a heartbeat

rennecfox said:
Enjoy your time with your mom while you can, if I had the choice I'd give up diapers in a heartbeat
Amen to that !

rennecfox said:

Yeah. I lost my parents when I was in my 20s. My mom didn't approve of my diaper wearing either, so I moved out. Still, I look forward to seeing my mom and dad after I die. I have so many good memories being with my parents. Wearing diapers was something so completely outside our relationship. It would help if parents could give a little and accept our diapers, but they typically worry about us. They see diapers as an impediment to our happiness.

Having to accommodate others is simply a part of modern human existence I am afraid. It does seem strange though that you are trying to hide your diaper wearing yet everyone seems to know you do it. Have you chatted about why you wear diapers to your mother? Sometimes a little communication can improve a situation to no end. I feel Dogboy has hit the nail on the head when he describes how our parents worry about our actions. I used to worry my own mother to no end about what I got up to but after a good heart to heart a few years ago she understands now I just a quirky person with some strange ideas on relationships. I did not need to give her a warts and all description of what it is I get up to but just her knowing I was safe and enjoying my life was all she needed to hear.

Is there anyway you can have a little chat about how she sees you, she may simply be frustrated and confused. You are the one doing this odd thing in front of her and you owe it to her to put her mind at rest. If you are unable to reconcile this with your mother than you may just have to stop wearing them in front of her. It is unfair to put others in a difficult situation in their own home through our actions. Eventually you will need to look into moving out because you will never truly be free to express yourself fully living with your parents.

Have you chatted about why you wear diapers to your mother?

It has come up in the past when she discovered I had packages delivered to our house; once about two years ago, and again roughly 9 months ago. The first time she was angry and expressed disgust, asking me if I had a bed wetting problem. I didn't want to lie so I said no. I didn't explicitly say what I like to do with regard to wearing. I simply said I have a fetish and left it at that. She said my behavior was disgusting. I insisted that was equal to saying I am disgusting, she disagreed on that point. I was able to disarm her anger when I brought up an incident that happened when I was 12.

On Thanksgiving day in 2006 she found erotic ABDL stories in the browser history (on DailyDiapers). She screamed at me in front of my whole family and put this question to me angrily with disgust within earshot of all my siblings: "Apparently you have a fascination with diapers?!!" I was mortified and said no which was a lie but obviously I'm not going to say yes. The rest of the short interaction is blank to me. I went up to my room frozen with shame, felt like I could vomit, was shaking from nervousness. I left the house and walked in the woods behind our backyard for about a half hour. When I came back my family had started eating dinner without me and I did not join them. It was one of the more traumatizing events of my life.

When I brought this up her expression changed and she seemed very remorseful and said she was sorry. She didn't press me anymore about it. I did not take the conversation any further because it was a confrontation I did not want to have in the first place.

I wear for sexual reasons and in my family something like masturbation or fetishes is just way too uncomfortable to bring up. It's not a welcomed subject at all. We were raised up Catholic. My family is very sexually repressive and in general my parents were strict and authoritarian when my siblings and I were much younger. An open conversation about my desire to wear diapers for sexual reasons is something I really do not want to even attempt. It's just way too uncomfortable. I am partly embarrassed of my fetish anyway. But not embarrassed enough to refrain from indulging. I just would prefer if it were kept as private as possible.

The second time we discussed it 9 months ago was when she bought it up since UPS had notified her by email that a package was being delivered. She didn't have the strength of will to be angry with me about it this time. I said it's a fetish I can't choose to not have, and that it's hormonal in its wiring which is my opinion. She wasn't able to contest with me much. She seemed defeated on the matter. In my estimation that was fair when I consider my past with her and the type of abusive and hypocritical person she has been most of my life.

You are the one doing this odd thing in front of her and you owe it to her to put her mind at rest. If you are unable to reconcile this with your mother than you may just have to stop wearing them in front of her. It is unfair to put others in a difficult situation in their own home through our actions.

I'm inclined to say that on this matter I should do what makes me happy and that I'm not responsible for protecting other people from their own uncomfortable feelings. Learning that I am not responsible for how others feel has been one of the biggest challenges and lessons in my life in recent years. And after all I am sensitive to how my family may feel about me wearing which is why I attempt to be as inconspicuous as possible with it. I take every precaution to avoid drawing attention to the fact that I'm wearing a diaper. But to a certain extent the bulge and noise is not concealable. It's difficult to adjust to life with this fetish because wearing a diaper is something I particularly love, and that love is itself embarrassing and I would like to keep it hidden as much as I can.

Eventually you will need to look into moving out because you will never truly be free to express yourself fully living with your parents.

You are right. I guess the fact that I'm not free to express myself how I would like is my main reason for making this thread. It makes me sad, and the fact is that I don't have the wherewithal to move out anytime soon.

Thank you for the thoughtful response.

Last edited:
You will never fully understand your Mother or her love until you are either older and she is gone or when you have your first child , and then your thought will be "did I love and respect her as much she did for me ".

And trust me I more than understand the angst of youth ,and an abusive home ,if my father loved me he would not have shot me twice, he was a screwed up dude , so when my Mom adopted me it was a make something good of yourself to spite this jerk is what I did .

Your Mom wants what's best for you , maybe you should buy her the book on ABDL and ask her to read it and then talk about it, because your repeated confrontations is not good for either one of you , so either be the better "man" and educate her on this with the book and a discussion and try to come to a happy medium , or stop inflaming the situation and dont do it in her house , sure it may be uncomfortable to talk about , I get that, but a little understanding and compromise on both your parts can go a long way to resolving this .

A favorite song lyrics of mine seems appropriate for you to think about :

"We must reach out beyond justice to mercy , going more than halfway to forgiveness "

Without education and information this situation is never going to improve, you will never be able to explain it near as well as the book can , and nothing will change if you keep having conflicts ,Mom will dig her heals in and you will continue to insist it's a harmless fetish, with neither side yielding to logic and information .

MrsGreenfield said:
It has come up in the past when she discovered I had packages delivered to our house....

Learning that I am not responsible for how others feel has been one of the biggest challenges and lessons in my life in recent years. And after all I am sensitive to how my family may feel about me wearing which is why I attempt to be as inconspicuous as possible with it. I take every precaution to avoid drawing attention to the fact that I'm wearing a diaper. But to a certain extent the bulge and noise is not concealable. It's difficult to adjust to life with this fetish because wearing a diaper is something I particularly love, and that love is itself embarrassing and I would like to keep it hidden as much as I can.

You are right. I guess the fact that I'm not free to express myself how I would like is my main reason for making this thread. It makes me sad, and the fact is that I don't have the wherewithal to move out anytime soon.

Thank you for your clarification and background, I can see your situation a little clearer now. I fully agree that talking to parents and siblings about sexual matters is not something anybody wants to get into. It does pose a question though, why wear outside your bedroom at all? If it is simply a fetish would it not be better to not indulge in front of those you feel uncomfortable discussing it with? I am not trying to over simplify the situation but you cannot have your cake and eat it when in this position. You cannot simply wear to indulge your own needs freely and not expect it to impact on others that you are close to and live with.

You described earlier that it upsets your mother and she bangs pots and pans about to show this. Do you not feel responsible for this? I agree that as humans we should be allowed to express ourselves and be our true selves always, but there could always be a cost to this. In this scenario you want to be free to wear diapers around the house. On the face of it there is no harm being done but you also realise this has caused some animosity in your relationship with your mother. I know there is no right or wrong answer to your dilemma but it seems for now you will have to keep it a secret and less obvious and hope it does not cause a rift that becomes irreparable at a later time.

You have no control how anyone feels that is for sure but you have to find a balance of sorts until you can move out and do as you please. Parents will never want to see their children in any sort of sexual light for good reasons but that does not mean we can simply perform sexual acts in front of them and expect them to turn a blind eye. You also do not want to lie which is admirable but you have made your own rod for your back by doing this in front of your family.

I wish you the very best in finding the balance and keep in your heart the thought that one day you will have your own place to do whatever you please in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back