is it bad to drink too much water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
i like to get a full use out of every diaper, which means soaking them completely. to do that without wearing for the whole day i drink an entire 1.5L bottle of water in about 10 to 20 minutes, which makes it really easy to soak my diapers fast.

but im worried that doing this might not be healthy. i kept track of how much water i drink through a normal day and it's about the same amount i mentioned above. that means i drink a whole day's worth of fluid in about 15 minutes when i decide to soak my diaper.

a quick google search said the recommended amount of daily fluid intake is about 2 liters, and the deadly dose is 6 liters in a span of an hour, which means im not nearly close enough to anything dangerous, but i heard that drinking too much water might cause kidney damage..

so do you think i shouldn't drink that much water at once, or will i be fine as long as i do it only every now and then?

It's probably not going to hurt you, but it's probably not doing much good either. It's a lot better to drink it over the course of a day (and then have a glass or two once you pad up) than to chug it all at once.

And then my personal experience is that it works a lot better when I hydrate like crazy over a day or two in prep for a session of wearing rather than just chugging a bunch of water at once.

Get tea it's a diuretic it will make you piss more. I'm from Southern USA I drink a lot of sweet tea and when I do I can fill an ABU Space in a few hours.

Alexia said:
i like to get a full use out of every diaper, which means soaking them completely. to do that without wearing for the whole day i drink an entire 1.5L bottle of water in about 10 to 20 minutes, which makes it really easy to soak my diapers fast.

but im worried that doing this might not be healthy. i kept track of how much water i drink through a normal day and it's about the same amount i mentioned above. that means i drink a whole day's worth of fluid in about 15 minutes when i decide to soak my diaper.

a quick google search said the recommended amount of daily fluid intake is about 2 liters, and the deadly dose is 6 liters in a span of an hour, which means im not nearly close enough to anything dangerous, but i heard that drinking too much water might cause kidney damage..

so do you think i shouldn't drink that much water at once, or will i be fine as long as i do it only every now and then?

I don't see it being a problem since The average adult human body is 50-65% I also agree with irnub on this as long as you pace yourself and not rush you should be ok

I think you're in the safe zone. I read somewhere that it's hard to drink so much water that you've upset your balance. Part of the problem as you may know, is the salinity in your cells. The more fresh water you drink, the more it can upset that balance, thus rupturing the cell walls. Salt water does the same, only quicker. As for your kidneys, one to two liters is probably okay, especially if you are voiding. If you weren't or couldn't, it would be a trip to the emergency room. I'm going to assume your aren't binge drinking (water) every day. You might want to give your kidneys some time to recover.

You can get really sick from drinking way to much water during the day (unless you sweat a lot). Water has iron in it and to much iron can be extremely bad. You're really not suppose to drink that much water throughout the day considering you get a lot of water from the food you eat.

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/water-intoxication#1

Lifetime said:
Water has iron in it and to much iron can be extremely bad.

Water shouldn't have anything more than a tiny trace of iron. You get iron from red meat, nuts, green vegetables, etc.

Drinking 2 litres of water in 10 minutes is a lot. I wouldn't do it regularly, but otherwise you should be fairly safe.

I can never understand why so many ABDLs drink extra fluids when they're diapered! I tend to reduce my fluid intake as I don't want to get up to change!

I drink normally in the evening and put away a tall glass of milk right before bed. (just finished my glass!) And I pretty much always wake up with a moderately wet diaper by morning. I'm usually pressing my luck with an Xplus/4 / confidry /DCA Kitten, so I usually wear something comparable to space to bed to avoid having to get up to change at 4am, which I really hate when I have to do.

So you really shouldn't have to slam a bunch of water suddenly before bed, even if you want to be wetting several times overnight.

Lifetime said:
You can get really sick from drinking way to much water during the day (unless you sweat a lot). Water has iron in it and to much iron can be extremely bad. You're really not suppose to drink that much water throughout the day considering you get a lot of water from the food you eat.

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/water-intoxication#1
Be smart, and watch out for this, and you should be fine. I've seen water intoxication before. Nasty stuff. Not a doc myself, but that doesn't change the news story person died. Be safe.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Be smart, and watch out for this, and you should be fine. I've seen water intoxication before. Nasty stuff. Not a doc myself, but that doesn't change the news story person died. Be safe.

But don't those stories usually have somewhere in small type that the person drank something totally outrageous like ten liters that afternoon before finally going into electrolyte shock?

You do really have to try hard to outrun your kidneys without vomiting. And it's very close to impossible to pull off if you're taking in electrolytes (you're not going to be able to water tox out on gatorade, regardless of how much you drink)

You have to drink a lot of water to get hyponatremia (low sodium) by itself, but if you mix it up with a lot of sweating (let's say running a marathon) you can cause real problems.

Maxx said:
A liter or two won't hurt you at all. Given that most people are walking around a bit dehydrated, its probably good for you. Chugging it down that quickly may be uncomfortable, but not dangerous unless you've got some kind of underlying weakness in your digestive tract.

That said, if you drink a really large amount of water over a day or two, it is possible to wash out your electrolytes to the point that the electrical signals to your muscles, including your heart, can misfire. Every once in a while, you hear about a noob distance runner dropping dead because they went overboard getting hydrated for a big race. Gatorade and other similar drinks have a fair amount of sodium and potassium mixed in for just that reason.

I'm not Olympic runner, and I drink about 2 litres of water a day, in summer about 4 litres, It's fine to drink a lot of water as long as you're not forcing it down ie drinking 20 liters of water in a water drinking competition that would kill you.

Though I'm no water scientist, but I'm pretty sure too much water causes the brain to swell.

Might explain my clear skin for a 19 year old lol.

tiny said:
I can never understand why so many ABDLs drink extra fluids when they're diapered! I tend to reduce my fluid intake as I don't want to get up to change!

To each his own, but I drink more when diapered for a very simple reason: wetting feels good. I love the feeling of wetting, of a squishy diaper, and if I have limited time in a diaper (usually), you want to get in as much pleasure as you can in that time. Is there anything worse than having to take off a barely used diaper? Ugh.

-RMS

Its not normal for a person to drink that much in such little time. Your body can process about 500 to 800 ml of water in an hour. Plus, if you are already well hydrated this amount should decrease. Please note that your body will not exclusively receive water from fluids but also from food. Thus, you should assume that it's not beneficial to your health.
I don't have a medical background. I'm just telling you what I think is in your best interest, friend. Keep safe.

You're safe. Pampersguy is partly right too. Your body only needs, and can only process, so much water every hour or so. The rest will just harmlessly pass through your body and make you pee more.

Now if you kept drinking a liter or two, every hour- for the entire day- then you would be in danger of becoming sick or dying. This is because the excess water added to you body would throw off your system's chemistry balance.

Again though, it would take overdosing on water for a long time period before it becomes too dangerous. Consuming a lot in a short period of time, and only once, will not harm your body in the least.

I've always found that if you're just wanting to use a diaper to its fullest capacity drink tea the water inside of it will keep you hydrated and you'll be constantly needing to take a piss

Just s few years ago some radio station had people drink like 6 gallons of water seated in a car , last person still in the car after a certain time limit won the car, well she is dead the disc jockeys are unemployed and the radio station is being sued for the women's death from water intoxication , they said they did not know it was dangerous, ignorance is not a defense however Google is your friend .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

If you are peeing and getting enough salt it is not a real concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back