Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is it bad to drink too much water?

Default is it bad to drink too much water?

i like to get a full use out of every diaper, which means soaking them completely. to do that without wearing for the whole day i drink an entire 1.5L bottle of water in about 10 to 20 minutes, which makes it really easy to soak my diapers fast.

but im worried that doing this might not be healthy. i kept track of how much water i drink through a normal day and it's about the same amount i mentioned above. that means i drink a whole day's worth of fluid in about 15 minutes when i decide to soak my diaper.

a quick google search said the recommended amount of daily fluid intake is about 2 liters, and the deadly dose is 6 liters in a span of an hour, which means im not nearly close enough to anything dangerous, but i heard that drinking too much water might cause kidney damage..

so do you think i shouldn't drink that much water at once, or will i be fine as long as i do it only every now and then?

It's probably not going to hurt you, but it's probably not doing much good either. It's a lot better to drink it over the course of a day (and then have a glass or two once you pad up) than to chug it all at once.

And then my personal experience is that it works a lot better when I hydrate like crazy over a day or two in prep for a session of wearing rather than just chugging a bunch of water at once.

Get tea it's a diuretic it will make you piss more. I'm from Southern USA I drink a lot of sweet tea and when I do I can fill an ABU Space in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexia View Post
    i like to get a full use out of every diaper, which means soaking them completely. to do that without wearing for the whole day i drink an entire 1.5L bottle of water in about 10 to 20 minutes, which makes it really easy to soak my diapers fast.

but im worried that doing this might not be healthy. i kept track of how much water i drink through a normal day and it's about the same amount i mentioned above. that means i drink a whole day's worth of fluid in about 15 minutes when i decide to soak my diaper.

a quick google search said the recommended amount of daily fluid intake is about 2 liters, and the deadly dose is 6 liters in a span of an hour, which means im not nearly close enough to anything dangerous, but i heard that drinking too much water might cause kidney damage..

so do you think i shouldn't drink that much water at once, or will i be fine as long as i do it only every now and then?
    I don't see it being a problem since The average adult human body is 50-65% I also agree with irnub on this as long as you pace yourself and not rush you should be ok

I think you're in the safe zone. I read somewhere that it's hard to drink so much water that you've upset your balance. Part of the problem as you may know, is the salinity in your cells. The more fresh water you drink, the more it can upset that balance, thus rupturing the cell walls. Salt water does the same, only quicker. As for your kidneys, one to two liters is probably okay, especially if you are voiding. If you weren't or couldn't, it would be a trip to the emergency room. I'm going to assume your aren't binge drinking (water) every day. You might want to give your kidneys some time to recover.

You can get really sick from drinking way to much water during the day (unless you sweat a lot). Water has iron in it and to much iron can be extremely bad. You're really not suppose to drink that much water throughout the day considering you get a lot of water from the food you eat.

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercis...intoxication#1

Quote Originally Posted by Lifetime View Post
    Water has iron in it and to much iron can be extremely bad.
    Water shouldn't have anything more than a tiny trace of iron. You get iron from red meat, nuts, green vegetables, etc.

Drinking 2 litres of water in 10 minutes is a lot. I wouldn't do it regularly, but otherwise you should be fairly safe.

I can never understand why so many ABDLs drink extra fluids when they're diapered! I tend to reduce my fluid intake as I don't want to get up to change!

I drink normally in the evening and put away a tall glass of milk right before bed. (just finished my glass!) And I pretty much always wake up with a moderately wet diaper by morning. I'm usually pressing my luck with an Xplus/4 / confidry /DCA Kitten, so I usually wear something comparable to space to bed to avoid having to get up to change at 4am, which I really hate when I have to do.

So you really shouldn't have to slam a bunch of water suddenly before bed, even if you want to be wetting several times overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifetime View Post
    You can get really sick from drinking way to much water during the day (unless you sweat a lot). Water has iron in it and to much iron can be extremely bad. You're really not suppose to drink that much water throughout the day considering you get a lot of water from the food you eat.

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercis...intoxication#1
    Be smart, and watch out for this, and you should be fine. I've seen water intoxication before. Nasty stuff. Not a doc myself, but that doesn't change the news story person died. Be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by SpAzpieSweeTot View Post
    Be smart, and watch out for this, and you should be fine. I've seen water intoxication before. Nasty stuff. Not a doc myself, but that doesn't change the news story person died. Be safe.
    But don't those stories usually have somewhere in small type that the person drank something totally outrageous like ten liters that afternoon before finally going into electrolyte shock?

You do really have to try hard to outrun your kidneys without vomiting. And it's very close to impossible to pull off if you're taking in electrolytes (you're not going to be able to water tox out on gatorade, regardless of how much you drink)