Trying a new diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvacadoLittle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I usually just use goodnites, but I'm starting to get tired of them. Slightly tight, low capacity. I'm trying to find something that I can easily afford while having a better capacity and fit. So far, after looking at my options, I'm thinking of trying Tranquility All Through the Night Disposable Briefs. I'm planning on ordering a sample package once I have the opportunity, but I'm still open for suggestions.

Any ideas?

Other than weak plastic backing, they're a good diaper. Just be careful adjusting your leg cuffs or you'll put a finger through the plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I've never understood the love people have for the ATNs. My experience has been that although they seem like they would hold a lot, in reality they hold just a couple wettings because their high SAP content means they don't wick well. The wetness stays right where it started and swells up like a water balloon, while the back stays completely dry. If you can get ahold of some NorthShore Supreme diaper samples, I think you'll be genuinely impressed. They're formulated with a great mix of pulp/fluff and SAP, so the entire diaper is used before it leaks.

-RMS

We have ATN in sample packs as well as some other brands. My suggestion would be confidry 24/7 max they are great and hold a lot and next to Abena they are our best selling ones. If your still interested we do multi diaper sample packs and would gladly cut you a deal the first order since you are new to the adult diaper world. We always love to help others out. Just let us know!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, ATN is not an overnight diaper despite their name, and can barely hold up to two decent wettings. If you don't wear diapers 24/7 then they are ok enough for periodic use or play. If you're serious about needing diapers then you need something much better.

Fitsingoodnites said:
I usually just use goodnites, but I'm starting to get tired of them. Slightly tight, low capacity. I'm trying to find something that I can easily afford while having a better capacity and fit. So far, after looking at my options, I'm thinking of trying Tranquility All Through the Night Disposable Briefs. I'm planning on ordering a sample package once I have the opportunity, but I'm still open for suggestions.

Any ideas?
ATNs are my #1 fav

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

RMS401 said:
Honestly, I've never understood the love people have for the ATNs. My experience has been that although they seem like they would hold a lot, in reality they hold just a couple wettings because their high SAP content means they don't wick well. The wetness stays right where it started and swells up like a water balloon, while the back stays completely dry. If you can get ahold of some NorthShore Supreme diaper samples, I think you'll be genuinely impressed. They're formulated with a great mix of pulp/fluff and SAP, so the entire diaper is used before it leaks.

-RMS
I usually put on 2 or even 3 ATNs to handle to wicking problem, and ATNs are so thin 3 is not to bulky at all.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

RMS401 said:
Honestly, I've never understood the love people have for the ATNs. My experience has been that although they seem like they would hold a lot, in reality they hold just a couple wettings because their high SAP content means they don't wick well.

Couldn't agree more.

The molicare super plus IMHO is a way better product then the ATN if your looking for something with top end capacity. I'm quite happy with my ABU spread but prior to that I was using the Secure X-Plus for mid to high level diapers and I still highly recommend them or at least trying them.

I'll second the poster who suggested Northshore Supreme. For performance versus price, nothing touches them. I'd compare them to Abena X-Plus and Molicare Super. Much more discrete and cheaper than either of those, if that's a concern...

I used to wear ATNs every night before I upgraded to ABU. They definitely serve their purpose and are a huge step up from Goodnites. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back