Thread: phone verification is a joke.

Default phone verification is a joke.

I'm talking about the way some sites implement it and are very sketchy about it.

Created a FRESH skype account using my personal email address, didn't attach a number to it, 4 hours later I'm greeted with.

Your account has been temporarily suspended
    Someone may have used your account [retracted] to send out a lot of junk messages or done something else that violates the Microsoft Services Agreement.

Bullshit, I added one person, and had a small conversation with them from my old account, according to them that is spam and violates the MSA, but get this I create a new account, just to have the "hold at ransom" for a mobile phone number as well.

Twitter does the same, lets you create a fresh account with a mobile number, than blocks you for "spam bot related" activities on a FRESH fucking account.

I swear this must be some "data mining scheme" worst part is they blacklist most of the virtual phone numbers so you NEED to use a number tied to your real identity.

God xD

Well, it IS Microsoft that is behind Skype. They seem to want ALL the data about you nowadays.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I remember when skype first came out, to get attention for their program, they were giving away 1 year of free landline calling from your skype account, it was pretty fantastic.

with that said, It's understandable that in today's society there is a bit more accountability for accounts, to me at least.