Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I start uni today but...

Default I start uni today but...

well I start uni today, but as usual my mother fucked me over, god dammit.

I fucking hate money hogs so much, she has really fucked over my uni studies now, I'm gonna have a hard time doing uni without the fucking required text books.

She is such a fucking liar, on the bright side I managed to find a "pdf" copy of the first text book I need, but the second one I can only find fakes forcing you to go to survey sites, very frustrating, people who make those sites should have there balls cut off.

My whole plan was to move to Melbourne get student housing, get a library card and go to the campus library, but my mother fucked that up for me too.

Last week, she said this week I can keep my money and go to Melbourne, now she is like no I need the money, you'er not going anywhere, making out I'm lying and faking, fuck I even organized everything fuck her.

I can't seem to find any library that has this book, and a lot of the text books are $200+ I'm lucky I saved my ass here with "special ebook sites" but can't find the other book anywhere.

Anyways yeah, I'm at the point I could rip someones head off.

Worst part is i dunno how I'm gonna study in a room as hot as a car, but owell.

She says well you can go buy the book or go into the library, went to local library they don't have the book, the funny thing is if I were to buy the book by the time I get it I'll be finished the two units, because she scabs 90% of my fucking pay.

It's a student payment to help me STUDY not for her to sponge off.

I swear, she is financially abusing me, what I mean by that is she is telling me what I should do with my own money, fucking me around constantly etc.

What I mean with this is when it comes to things.
    Oh, I'll pay off your TAFE doesn't, makes me foot the bill. was supposed to use my money to pay off the tafe, scabs a total of $1400 to herself for "bills" which I doubt she even paid off. If I knew she wasn't going to pay it I honestly WOULD of never done tafe, I've got 10k in student loan debt also due to the fucking bitch.

Oh, I need a photo ID to apply for centrelink, I have to pay it out of my own money, I'm not the one who fucking wants to be on centrelink. You're practically pointing a gun at my head and forcing me to do this, why should I shell out of my own money to do something I don't NEED to do. To give you a basic idea of how bad it was, SHE FORCED me to go down every fucking day of the week to ask them how far my application was processed, FOR A WHOLE FUCKING 3 MONTHS. So i ended up wasting 3 hours A DAY dealing with this bullshit, ended up smashing my 32 inch TV because of them. obviously being in a 30 degree day running around on buses is going to piss someone off.

Only did tafe because SHE WANTED the money from centrelink, and was threatening me with homelessness, so I honestly had no other option, wanted to go back to high school, SHE SAID NO because I wouldn't get paid, wtf.
    Keeps forcing me to stay here by controlling my money, for example I want to get a plane ticket to melbourne, but I can't keep the rest of my money, so I can actually have somewhere to stay and something to eat, wtf. so I have no choice other than to stay here.

She has a full time fucking job now, I've paid her more than my room is worth, fuck according to my parents I don't have rights and I sponge off them, wtf. If your "land lord" treated you like that and threatened to kick you out all the time for stupid shit that isn't a problem, you'll get pissed off too.

"Claims she is my land lord" yet will not do anything about my "shed" of a room, legally when you build a room you have laws to follow, room isn't insulated and slowly falling apart... theres actually a gap between the floor and the building part.

Sorry for my language, but I am so pissed off, shit like this drives people mental.

I originally was planning to buy the books months ago, but my mother wouldn't let me keep the money to do so, told me they will provide the rescourses online etc, I knew she was lying, but never let me keep any to get my books.

She has fucked me up financially, ruined my credit record etc, I'm not ever gonna be able to get a home loan due to her, so yeah I'm fucking pissed.

So get this, it will take me until April to save up for the books I want, that's how little money I get, she scabs the rest.

She is like last fortnight, well this fortnight you can keep your whole pay and go to melbourne, ok comes this fortnight, nope, she is like you can go and I'll give you 150 back, wednesday I know for a fact that won't fucking happen.
    Last edited by LittleJess; 27-Feb-2017 at 03:12.

What does she do with all this money? I would not be able to spend it even in a year. I don't know what would I do in this situation. You know her. You can't trust her. Therefore don't give her power over you. Does she threathens you by homelessness. Well once you cut off her from your money she may change her mind. She is literally undermining your studying. How are you supposed to study when you don't have books... I can imagine that once you will be thrown out of uni because of you couldn't afford books, she will use it against you. Calling you stupid or anything similar. Don't let her ruin your future.

Perhaps you addressed this in another thread, but what would happen if you simply refused to give her your money? She has no legal claim to it, after all...

Quote Originally Posted by kerry View Post
    Perhaps you addressed this in another thread, but what would happen if you simply refused to give her your money? She has no legal claim to it, after all...
    homelessness, abuse etc. my dad abused me last time I got cut off welfare, so there is that, he threatens to drag me out of my room, call the cops etc, than forces me into situations where he can abuse me for a good 30 minutes, (ie forcing me into the car to look after the kids) than drives 100? I think, or maybe 90 in a 80 zone, not looking at the road, abusing me etc. literally just speeds, looks at me and shouts for a good 30 some how not killing us all in the process. I mean someone with bipolar in there angry state while driving a car, he once followed someone around for a good 30 minutes just for cutting him off.

He also threatens to take my door off, or cut my power off, take my shit like my computer (which came out of my own money) and cut my power off my room completely, which mind you fucks with my study. I've even got receipts to prove I own every part in my computer, because I bought it and built it out of my own money last year.

No clue how it's legal to take my property but owell, last time they got the internet cut off while I was i was at tafe making a lot of the work impossible to do, because it's stuff that takes days to do.

For example the internet getting cut off and limited to 5kbps yes that 5kbps, for a whole month makes doing a lot of the assignments practically impossible, although I managed to do it, I ended up failing 2 assignments due to not being able to get enough information, and most of the research was things I knew already, ie books I've read or information I've collected in my head.

For example, my last year of high school, my parents would never pay the internet, and it got cut off constantly, which meant a lot of assignments I couldn't do really, the filters were awful, practically 90% of anything was blocked and the school banned wikipedia so yeah. and I live too far away from a library so that rules that out.

OK, I see this. But...given the complaints you make about your living quarters, are you really much better off than homeless? Right now you are in a "shed" with no money. Maybe if you kept your pay you could go in with someone and rent a flat? And about the abuse: it seems to be there with or without the money, doesn't it? Are younger kids also being abused? If so, couldn't you call child protective services?

OK, I see this. But...given the complaints you make about your living quarters, are you really much better off than homeless? Right now you are in a "shed" with no money. Maybe if you kept your pay you could go in with someone and rent a flat? And about the abuse: it seems to be there with or without the money, doesn't it? Are younger kids also being abused? If so, couldn't you call child protective services?
    Eh, it's one of those tricky situations, that I'm best "stay out of", parents aren't even supportive of my uni either, I have a leaky bladder so "I sometimes smell like urine if I don't shower for a day" I get abused all day just because I smell, for some reason he loves to put "smelling" and computers together, and blames the computer for making me "retarded" and the reason for all my problems. It's hard to explain but apparently being up all night completely assignments, is being lazy, and makes out I'm not even trying to look for jobs, and abuses me for the sheer fact I can't get a job. Don't get me started on my parents DOG, it's blind and deaf and barks at everything every 5 minutes, I even get abused for telling it not to shut up, I can't "go and get up every 5 minutes" to tell a dog to shut up, it shouldn't be outside in the first place, they bought it, and left it outside, It's fucked. Literally I'm put in a "life or death situation" every time he forces me to go into his car and that's every day 3 times a day, and wonders why I get pissed off.

Calls me a dole blugger, oxygen thief etc, yet most people aren't doing uni or continuing study, and I'm really too old for a lot of places, ie fast food, retail not so much, but unemployment is high in my area, It's known to be practically impossible to get a job here.

Obviously the jobs I apply for are limited, due to be failing year 12 due to untreated depression, and I can't apply for any IT jobs as my parents will never pay off my tafe qualification, so I'm stuck applying for practically "floor mopping jobs" that every 16 year old in the area is trying to apply for.

Now for the homeless part, if I'm homeless I won't be able to do any of my "school work" because It's though open university, and is all online, though RMIT.

That and my parents make out to everybody that I do nothing all day, etc it's quite fucking annoying as I'm always doing stupid errands just for my mother because she is too lazy to get off her butt, so it's kind of "ironic" calling me lazy when she isn't getting off her bum to get her own drinks, just watches TV and doesn't even look after the kids, so I've always got "friends parents" telling me I should help my mother "because she is struggling" bullshit, or makes out I abuse her leaving a lot of things out of context, than threatening to kick me out for "abusing her", technically none of the things I've done is even abuse. Telling someone to eat with there mouth closed, isn't abuse, I'm autistic so things like that "are painful for me", and is something she does on purpose, she purposely just farts and burps everywhere she goes and that pisses me off a lot because she purposly does it around me, I even hate the sound of people drinking so she just stays in the kitchen for 5 fucking minutes skulking down coke just to piss me off.

To give you an idea of how bad my living arrangements are, kids are walking around with knifes, dad has a hunting crossbow in his room, laser pointer, and a taser... so yeah, not only that... he does drugs... (weed)

It's even more deadly because he is driving under the influence of weed.. which I don't think is safe.

Get this, I haven't even told him I've done uni, because with tafe he treated me like shit for it, threatened to kick me out, or calling it waste of time, and that I waste my time on the computer -.- wtf.

Sharing flat with friends is a good point. You must move to different place because this is the only way to stop them from abusing you. Wikipedia banned? Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJacob98 View Post
    Sharing flat with friends is a good point. You must move to different place because this is the only way to stop them from abusing you. Wikipedia banned? Wtf?
    I would consider that but I don't know anyone, and yeah my high school banned wikipedia, and blocked 90% of websites, kind of funny, most of the research you had to do at home, and without a internet connection, ended up with me failing high school.. It was fucked.

Than the teachers make out it's the students fault, used to own my own server to use as a proxy, gave it to close friends, that helped a lot, I'm a network administrator so to me that's just basic stuff. IT guys couldn't block it either due to the way I managed it.

I was smarter than the IT guys at the school, so I had some fun just to give you a basic idea of how bad they were, you couldn't access facebook but you could access m.facebook and www.facebook seemed like they didn't know how to block subdomains lol, so I took advantage of that with my proxy xD always created a new subdomain everything they blocked it.

If 90% of students are using proxies to access information, you know something is wrong. instead of fixing the issues, they block the proxies. funny thing is, the IT lady was fired from her last job for not knowing what the hell she was doing.

Though with wikipedia it wasn't really a "rule" but a lot of teachers threaten to fail you if they even saw you accessing wikipedia, though I think it was more of a "scare tactic" they never really did anything, just asked you to change the links in the references.

- - - Updated - - -

My pay wouldn't be enough to cover anything, houses are expansive in australia, the amount I get is fortnightly, if anything I could go into student housing, but I'm not too sure, than I can apply for "away from home" and get something like 500$ a fortnight. I hate to say it, what I get are practically "scraps" only really enough to cover study to be honest, that's what it's supposed to be used for.

But with my debts, caused by them I'm not sure if it would be okay financially.

I hate to say it, but I'm kind of forced into this situation, parents make out I've got a choice and can leave any time I want, but that really isn't the case, when you scab 90% of someones pay, and bond is hell expansive, I wouldn't say it's a choice.

For example housing in aus in my area is 300 a week I think, usually bond is $800 to $1000 so yeah, there controlling my situation money wise, they know I can't just get up and leave, and they won't let me save up to leave, It's really fucked.

Abuse is money based, but at the same time it doesn't matter, if I get cut off I get abused, if I get paid, I get abused but about other things, such as "scabbing off my parents" sleeping all day sometimes, etc.

If I get cut off or don't give them money, the abuse is more directed towards homelessness, calling the police, while if I pay them, it's usually around "not doing anything" or not helping around the house, or whatever my dad want's to complain about.

It's only started since I was 18 to be honest.

So they don't want me here, but they want the money, so I get abused either way. hope that makes some sense. I get abused no matter what, but if I don't pay them, it gets way more serious than it usually is, trying to lock pick my door, brake my window etc invading my privacy, opening my mail etc.

but yeah, it's pay them, even if I get cut off for something they did, It's homeless time, and that really isn't a choice, lets face it, having two options, pay them, or get kicked out, really isn't a choice. I honestly don't have a third option because they control my money.

In winter, I sometimes sleep all day after a late night of study, parents make out I do it all the time because I barely come out of my room, that's because I don't want to get abused by my dad.

Plus, try sleeping in a car on a 40 degree Celsius day, it's impossible. I struggle just to focus with sweat going into my eyes.

So, with my parents everything is my fault, my debt, my room not being insulated etc, the internet going slow you name it it's my fault, kids steal a flash drive my fault, screwdriver goes missing my fault, I get told I've got no rights etc.

Obviously being trans, and having a diaper fetish, I hide some of my clothes and diapers in my roof, and luckly I use them all, etc when he invades my privacy and decides to search my roof for no fucking reason at all, thinking I'm "stealing screw drivers" or some delusion he is having.

He even made out I killed one of our pet cats.. that's how delusional he is. what actually happened is the wind blew both gates open at night time, and the dog scared the shit out of the cat and it got under a hole and ran away.

I also get abused because of my mild hearing loss, too, he calls me retarded and blames me being on my computer all day, or me sleeping all day, god I need to get out of this situation fast lol, than there is the situations involving my walking or lifting things, I've got a couple deformed toes on both feet, so I can't stand straight for long, or lift very heavy things as it puts strain on my lower legs.
    Last edited by LittleJess; 27-Feb-2017 at 06:01.

Yikes... there is a lot to contend with here.

I don't recall if you've told me before what subject you're studying, but regardless, there are probably some math requirements involved. And I can help you with that for sure. Just ask. I've worked as a tutor many times before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphyre View Post
    Yikes... there is a lot to contend with here.

I don't recall if you've told me before what subject you're studying, but regardless, there are probably some math requirements involved. And I can help you with that for sure. Just ask. I've worked as a tutor many times before.
    I don't think there is a awful lot of math in IT (just IT) I'm not doing comp sci thank goodness.