Wetting VS Flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

LennyFace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm curious to know what's the line that distincts a slow wetting to a regular wetting to flooding? Are floodings done forcefully or are floodings wetting with a full blatter? And is a slow wetting basically starting and stopping a regular wetting? Sorry if this is kinda confusing at first, honestly don't have a better way to describe them :laugh:

I think I would describe flooding as when you are wetting a large quantity somewhat quickly enough that it creates a bit of a puddle because it's not absorbing quick enough into the diaper.

''Flooding'', to me personally, is just letting go and peeing my diaper like I would if I was on the toilet. Not stopping and starting the flow, just letting it all out. Although even at the end of a flood I usually have a few extra spurts I sort of have to force out.

Reactions: charliee
wetting= just letting go as needed, flooding= holding it til your about to burst then letting it all out

rennecfox said:
wetting= just letting go as needed, flooding= holding it til your about to burst then letting it all out

Nothin else needs to be said.

IanDL said:
Nothin else needs to be said.

Actually, I would disagree since it seems more does need to be said since that is certainly not what I would consider flooding. I always assumed you can flood a diaper simply by letting it all out like as if you where going into a toilet. So it seems not everyone even views flooding as the same thing which is quite interesting and not what I was expecting at all.

MarchinBunny said:
Actually, I would disagree

And thats your right

I always assumed you can flood a diaper simply by letting it all out like as if you were going into a toilet.

Which generally most people wait until they are "full". Not all bladder are the same size though.

I'll add to the definition flooding=holding to near a full or comfortably full bladder.

My bladder lets go uncontrollably once it starts to fill and I wet my nappy. I have no capacity to hold on any more.

Reactions: Soggycrotch50
Flooding is typically releasing a full bladder all at once and not stopping till you're empty.

Wetting is peeing in your diaper often enough so you don't flood. This is usually done in spurts of moderate amounts.

Slow or constant wetting is constantly dribbling pee all of the time with never actually holding it.

Constant wetting until diaper is on the brink of leaking, but not letting it leak. I'll change if I think its at that point

Slow wetting would be something more like overflow incontinence where there's just a light but often trickle of liquid.

Flooding would be a nearly full or full bladder fully releasing such as can happen in urge incontinence. And wetting that wouldn't be considered flooding would be similar but emptying before being full.

For example I'm fecally incontinent, but I do still have control of my urine. However since I wear diapers, it can be difficult to use the toilet for urinating without removing the diaper, and I don't want to do that because then I waste the costly diaper, so I just voluntarily use my diapers for wetting as well. I'll usually do a conscious empty every hour or so, and I've sort of trained my "I really need to go" signal to be very minimal as a result so that just tends to remind me anyways. After an hour, even if I haven't drank much liquid I'll get to the "I don't think I can hold it anymore" stage even though the bladder is far from full. Whereas most people won't reach that stage until they are nearly full.

All of this is so helpful! thanks guys :D

rennecfox said:
Which generally most people wait until they are "full". Not all bladder are the same size though.

I'll add to the definition flooding=holding to near a full or comfortably full bladder.

It depends on what we mean by "full". An actual full bladder would eventually just release on its own and you would wet yourself uncontrollably and not to mention prior to that it would be incredibly uncomfortable. Most people don't wait till they are that full. So at what point do you consider someone's bladder full enough to be considered flooding? How do you quantify it? If it's comfortably full as you say ... again how do you quantify that exactly?

It stands to reason that a flooding of one's diaper would simply be to release at full force regardless of how full the bladder is. I think a person can flood their diaper even at half bladder capacity because they can let it flow quick enough that the diaper leaks ... if you don't consider that flooding ... then I don't know what is.

MarchinBunny said:
diaper even at half bladder capacity because they can let it flow quick enough that the diaper leaks ... if you don't consider that flooding ... then I don't know what is.

If you are thinking about it and you can hold it comfortably, I'd call that wetting. Leaking does occur with wetting sometimes

rennecfox said:
If you are thinking about it and you can hold it comfortably, I'd call that wetting. Leaking does occur with wetting sometimes

See .. but that to me makes no sense. I mean, just think of the word flood and what it means to flood something.
Flood:an overflowing of a large amount of water beyond its normal confines

If you are leaking, that is exactly what is occurring.

You are releasing too much liquid at once then the diaper can handle. I would consider that flooding.

MarchinBunny said:
See .. but that to me makes no sense.
You've never mistaped a diaper and leaked your first small gush? You'd call that a flood because the diaper leaked?

rennecfox said:
You've never mistaped a diaper and leaked your first small gush? You'd call that a flood because the diaper leaked?

No ... because the leak was caused by something else. A leak caused by releasing too much liquid at once I most certainly would call flooding.

MarchinBunny said:
No ... because the leak was caused by something else. A leak caused by releasing too much liquid at once I most certainly would call flooding.

Well then lets agree to disagree.

rennecfox said:
Well then lets agree to disagree.

Seems we will have to lol. I just find it makes more sense to follow definitions and what they tend to mean. But I have been told I use the dictionary too much and hold it too highly as the standard for what words mean. So I admit, I most certainly can be wrong.

MarchinBunny said:
Seems we will have to lol. I just find it makes more sense to follow definitions and what they tend to mean. But I have been told I use the dictionary too much and hold it too highly as the standard for what words mean. So I admit, I most certainly can be wrong.

No biggie, you're fine, I've been told I'm pretty loose with my terminology, so somewhere in between has to be right I guess XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back