Thread: Are there really no MDs or medstudents in this community?

Default Are there really no MDs or medstudents in this community?

Hey,

I haven't come across a single MD/medstudent during my years in this abdl community. I find it very odd... Where is everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabpad View Post
    Hey,

I haven't come across a single MD/medstudent during my years in this abdl community. I find it very odd... Where is everyone?
    I know of several.

I will say that the fact that med school tends to select for overachievers with their time split between extracurriculars that show a medical interest and 2.5 politically correct hobbies does, in my experience, lead to picking a lot of people from a very similar mold. Nor are med school, residency, or many specialties known for the abundant free time of their students and physicians. Such people are unlikely to be doing all of that and also be highly active and visible in the kink community at the same time, which perhaps makes them appear underrepresented.

There are people of every unique career and interest within as wide a community as ABDL.
    Last edited by Fruitkitty; 28-Feb-2017 at 07:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitkitty View Post
    I will say that the fact that med school tends to select for overachievers with their time split between extracurriculars that show a medical interest and 2.5 politically correct hobbies
    The same reason many of us were on hiatus during early career/house-buying/reproducing and raising kids years. There's only 24 hours in a day. When real life has to happen... a hobby like this is often one of the first casualties.

Quote Originally Posted by Moicano View Post
    Lurking over here :p
    Hey there fella ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitkitty View Post
    I know of several.

I will say that the fact that med school tends to select for overachievers with their time split between extracurriculars that show a medical interest and 2.5 politically correct hobbies does, in my experience, lead to picking a lot of people from a very similar mold. Nor are med school, residency, or many specialties known for the abundant free time of their students and physicians. Such people are unlikely to be doing all of that and also be highly active and visible in the kink community at the same time, which perhaps makes them appear underrepresented.

There are people of every unique career and interest within as wide a community as ABDL.
    Seems like a reasonable explanation.

Thanks for all the inputs so far guys! I forgot to mention that I'm a medstudent myself, hence my curiosity :p

I'm a doctor and am on here from time to time. I try to reply to some things that interest me. But that is getting harder as I progress through my residency at the moment. I know another friend of mine that is ABDL but he isn't really active in the community. I also know a paramedic who is ABDL. So there are definitely people in the medical community that are around.

As has been said before though, there are only so many hours in the day. And after a long shift at work the last thing I want to do is have to use my brain more and reply/make a post. I would much rather go to bed (and then have to wake up the next day to go back to work). The other thing is that in the medical community we are a group of overachievers (usually) so that means that we focus a lot on that. Not to mention that the stigma of being "caught" as ABDL and having that mis-understood and potentially affecting our job prospects/career or registration and destroying our hard work means that there are probably some in the medical field that tend to just keep to themselves. Can't say I blame them really as a lot of time and effort goes into your medical career.