Why are Goodnites a popular choice among many first timer DL's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LennyFace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've read many posts about Goodnites being their first diapers and some have even continued to buy and use them. Why is that? Goodnites are notorious for having poor capacity and poor build quality. Could it be the advertising or just the fact that they're the same Goodnites from their childhood? I mean I would have totally gone for them if it wasn't for their darn tendency to leak!

There are a few reasons why, availability, easy to obtain, easy to hide, discrete, nostalgia(tho I'd prefer the ones from when I wore them for bedwetting), and maybe they see afraid of change, no pun intended.

If there were something similar for adults (that also didn't leak like a sieve) maybe they should go for those

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

bigbluehusky said:
There are a few reasons why, availability, easy to obtain, easy to hide, discrete, nostalgia(tho I'd prefer the ones from when I wore them for bedwetting), and maybe they see afraid of change, no pun intended.

If there were something similar for adults (that also didn't leak like a sieve) maybe they should go for those

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was thinking that availability and discreteness would be one of the reasons.

Stretchy sides and decent graphics(Camos and Butterflies)

Reactions: S2000
Easy availability and fun designs for me

Yeah, I think it's mostly an access thing. Plus they're not bad in terms of absorbancy, cuteness, etc. They really are just upsized versions of the Huggies Pull Ups, which are what I'd wear if I could fit well into them. GoodNites fit me (30-32" waist, 155 lbs) almost as well as normal underwear, which is why I keep wearing them instead of more sophisticated DL diapers.

They're also relatively cheap. We have members who would like to be able to fit into Pampers and Huggies baby diapers, and Goodnites are just a slightly larger size pull-up toddler diaper.

because thats what they grew up for using as bedwetters or bedwetter friends they knew used, its the same reason miller and budweiser and coors are the big 3 beers when they are garbage and depend has a market at all.

They're not as expensive, are easy to acquire in store, small enough to hide, thin enough to not worry about crinkling, and they serve as something comfy to wear to bed if I just want some padding to wear, and maybe utilize slightly, if I so choose. :eek:

I started with them for exactly those reasons. I can hide them easy. I got a bunch of them for real cheap. They fit me pretty good even tho they shouldn't. I don't really like the quality of them anymore. So now I'm having a hard time getting rid of all the ones I have.

Most of these have probably all been said already, but:

Size
Availability
Discreetness
Nostalgia
Appearance
Cost
Preference
Easy to hide

Availability, affordability I think are the convenience aspects, that and the stretchy sides fit many across out demographic. Designs are cool, I like the camo, and when I use up what I have I really like the new stripes on the L/XL (here's to hoping they'll have the dual leakguards). With them being a pull up, they can also be more discrete to wear around, especially in public or in places with non-ABDL, than taping up a full diaper, and it makes changing simple; slip up, slip down, or rip the sides. At least in my experience, I can get them to hold decent wettings, and if the mood hits me, even the occasional mess. That said, I think they hold more of a nostalgia too, for many I think we all were bedwetters and that was a time when we found out we had an affinity for being diaper lovers, but then it was trained out of us, and the first thing we used to get back into our proverbial pool was our gateway drug into ABDL; Goodnites.

Another reason I've been told is some AB's really want to feel like they are wearing a real baby diaper.

Of course a real baby wears a huge diaper that usually extends up past their belly button. It's also comparatively thick on them too. Add in 70's and some 80's babies mostly wore plain white diapers too.

All together this is the exact opposite of that sort of feeling they are actually wanting, and very different than any modern baby diaper or pullup. As such, their own reasoning for going with such an undersized diaper never has made sense to me. If the above "wants" were actually gone for then you'd end up in something closer to confidry.

I have to disagree with the nostalgia aspect.
When I wore, they used to be all white except for a blue square indicating which was the back. I also believe they fit differently; although that could possibly be due to growing and not recalling details I never expected to remember ten years ago too well.
I wish I could wear those again.

Convenience is a big factor. You can buy a small package from any grocery or drug store for not too much money and easily hide it in a backpack. If you started as a teenager this is a huge plus; and they probably fit you.

Well there were no such thing as Goodnites back when I needed them. I like the fact that they're still in the baby/kid section, and not with the adult/medical section, and that they fit me.

PaddedBrony said:
Most of these have probably all been said already, but:

Size
Availability
Discreetness
Nostalgia
Appearance
Cost
Preference
Easy to hide

I would say the list above ^^ pretty much "hit the nail on the head" to me to sort of speak.

It's already been said, but easy access and being cheap are the two main reasons. Most people generally start out with crappy drugstore diapers, and GoodNites have prints, and as others said, they're just used to them. That's the reason I used GoodNites until I found out about high quality ABDL diapers.

For me, they were easily accessible and were the first diaper I wore during puberty. I feel nostalgic about them.

My guess it's a matter of carryover habits. It's what they remember. Back in my bedwetter days I was put in pin on cloth diapers with plastic pants. Disposables were not yet mainstream and were used mainly for travel and day trips. The convenience of not having to cart around a metric ton of wet and soiled diapers was appealing to many moms. I still prefer a good cloth diaper, especially at night. I do frequently use a disposable as a "diaper liner" to keep BM from getting on my cloth diaper. Most times I still use the confidry 24/7 for this, mostly for the extra capacity. Admittedly, the are a very bulky combination but protection is unequaled. Discreet clothing helps me remain stealth and with my aversion to public changing, it allows me all day wear. I use a kins model 10700 pull-up diaper over the dry 24/7 (with a few strategically place pin holes for drain through. This has provided superior protection, night and day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back