Don't Hug Me I'm Scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I know this series on YouTube has been out for a while, but I've recently taken to it after the hype cleared out. I kinda love it.

For those not in the loop, "Don't Hug Me I'm Scared" is a parody of educational children's television and how it preaches the wrong and damaging messages to its viewers. It takes playful jabs at some heavily handled topics. Sometimes subtle, sometimes not so subtle. Sometimes gory and horrific and that style of horror contrasts effectively and shockingly with the colorful innocence of the series.

In short, it's a allegorical juggernaut of internet horror that shows us the error of the media's ways in all its creepy and tyrannical goofiness.

[video=youtube;9C_HReR_McQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C_HReR_McQ[/video]

Despite the obvious underlying message, there's some mystery moments in the series that leave me with more questions than answers.

That is a a good series, I really like how well easily it could be confused with the things its parodying (alot of spoofs are so over the top its obvious) Another great series too if you like this though would be "Look Around You"

Ha ha! "Green is not a creative colour." :laugh: Like... what?!

Whoever created this has tripped way too hard on acid!

I want to see more! :-D

I like Film Theory's videos in DHMIS on YouTube.

OMG! I just watched the second episode, about how we teach the concept of "time" to children. This is genius!

[video=youtube;vtkGtXtDlQA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtkGtXtDlQA[/video]

I love this series! On a rather amusing note, I sent Episode 5, "Eating Healthy" to a friend of mine who is a total horror buff... and it disturbed him so much he won't even watch the rest! :laugh:

EDIT: It's my favorite episode actually. It goes from seemingly-innocent to downright fucked up without ever missing a beat. I thought it was hilarious. ^^

Last edited:
Oh dear god I hate these videos so much :laugh:

My freshman roommate in college showed the first one to me and I legitimately had nightmares about it. If their aim was to terrify, the producers of that video succeeded really well with this guy. So freaking disturbing, hahaha. I respect it, but I definitely do not enjoy it at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back