Thread: Dude with M.D. After his name thinks women should seal their vaginas shut

Default Dude with M.D. After his name thinks women should seal their vaginas shut

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/hea...e-traditional/

I know the way I phrased it was controversial, but I'm not even going to begin to give him the liberty of taking him seriously.

No amount of fucking glue can contain the cringe.

It's a revolutionary idea alright and if it was ushered in respectfully it might have been given some "slight" consideration but he had some infuriating words to say and maybe can test the glue on lips of his own.

This honestly sounds like if you gave a 5th grader a "woman's hygeine" related-product the floor to pitch his idea, right after he read a picture book on the female anatomy and thinks he knows everything.

He went on to say, "You as a woman should have come up with a better solution than diapers and plugs, but you didn’t." and called them "unproductive" because of their periods.

As a FtM, it made me green around the gills to know that's how aggressive and patronizing some dudes think about menstruation. That's totally cool. Way to demonstrate maturity and professionalism in the higher registers of medicine. I hope he feels he's proved something with his glue stick today.

I think what flat-out disturbs me the most is the parallels he drew to infantile notions. He phrased it as a way of "potty training the period", as if. You know the only waste product that "comes out" of that part of a woman is human life, right? You might want to rethink your approach and show a little goddamn respect.

If there's any outcome I'd like to see, it's a revocation of a medical license.

<shrugs> I think you're trying too hard to be offended. The guy's idea is going nowhere without a three letter acronym and a more politically correct marketing program, but that doesn't make it a bad idea. As for his approach, I've heard women say much worse. Sounds like you're trying to make a case similar to "only n*****s can use the n-word".

I guess you can read the abundance of condemning articles against it from both male and female authors, and browse the comments section of said articles if you claim I'm "trying too hard to be offended". I was actually going for light-hearted and satirical with my personal approach, as plenty of people already seemed beyond peeved.

Not only does this sound UNBELIEVABLY uncomfortable, it sounds downright improbable to actually work.. Nor does it sound "more hygienic"..It sounds like infections and skin problems waiting to happen.

Not really offended, but amused..this is one of those "are they serious..?" moments. XD Sure, let me just carry a sealed reservoir around between my legs. That'll be comfy!

Quote Originally Posted by gigglebutt View Post
    Not really offended, but amused..this is one of those "are they serious..?" moments. XD Sure, let me just carry a sealed reservoir around between my legs. That'll be comfy!
    Yeah, I'm a bit skeptical regarding the actual effectiveness or medical safety of this thing. I'd be more inclined to throw the b.s. flag than get my virtual dander up.