Not open for further replies.

jamie72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Does anyone else have sleep apnea and bladder issues st night?

Hi, I replied to your other thread about bladder issues but can't help on sleep apnoea, sorry. Maybe someone else will come along with advice :)

Hi there. Yes I struggle with both.

I have both too. Incontinence started before i had sleep apnea. I have a c-pap it made a huge difference.

jamie72 said:
Does anyone else have sleep apnea and bladder issues st night?

I haven't been diagnosed but I know I have it. I just haven't had a sleep study done. I snore very loudly and my wife says it sounds like I can't breath at night like I'm dying and then I'll gasp for air. I should probably get it looked at.

No apnea, but Interrupted. I wake up several times each night needing to pee. Each time I just use my diaper without even moving, then try and fall back asleep.

I just got diagnosed with sleep apnea and have OAB I don't have night accidents right now but when I was younger and slept good I'd wet the bed 2 times a night this happened into my late 20s.I'm afraid when I get the machine on 3 22 17 I'll start wetting again I stay diapered at night because some times when I stand up I lose control.

I have sleep apnea and sleep with a CPAP machine/mask. Before the machine, I wet my diaper while asleep a few times, but I don't seem to now. I've noticed that I sleep deeply while on the machine and I either don't dream very much, or don't remember my dreams. I usually wake up when the sun comes through the windows and I take the mask and go back to sleep. Then I'll dream and remember them.

Hi, i also have apnea and have used a cpap machine since 2012. My bedwetting issues shortly after i started using the machine, i realize that it usually works the other way, where the wetting issues stop, but for me thats when they started, and continue to this day. It's not often that i have an accident, but once or twice a month is enough for me. Also i pee a lot anyways at night and having to get up multiple times while trying to fall asleep just makes it that much harder to actually sleep so I usually end up just using my diaper every night, which has helped me get to sleep or more easily fall back asleep when i only partially wake up at like 3 am to wet my diaper. Cpap is a great help, even if it does cause me to need diapers, its better than less sleep or very poor sleep at that.

To the post above that is what I am worried about

I wouldn't worry about it too much, i had pretty rare bedwetting occurrences withou the cpap machine,, no matter if i was diapered and had been consistently wearing at night for a long time. It seemed once i started using the machine and got better sleep that i was more likely to wet at night without waking up or during a sort of half awake state where i barely remember waking up at all. If anything i look at it as a legitimate reason for me to have a need for diapers. Im now in a situation where i never sleep diaperless for fear that it will be the one time i wet myself. I will also mention however that within the past year due to fairly significant vision loss, and not necessarily have the ability to easily find or get to bathrooms as fast as id like, that ive gone to wearing during the day also. This makes my life far easier. You be to look at it like this, if using a cpap, only causes u to need diapers at night, than thats a hell of a lot better then a some of the other problems ive read about from people using cpap, or the risks of not using one, which are far worse than a wet diaper. I'd much rather have better sleep, than worry about the risks from not using it, such as higher chance of heart attack, stroke, glaucoma, although in my case i already have glaucoma. But im sure u get what im saying. Needing diapers while using a cpap for better sleep is like the best worst effect u could have.

Reactions: babyleanna75
I tried forever to get the CPAP to work for me, but I just couldn't sleep with it. I tried all different types of masks, adjusting the pressure, etc, but no luck. I have pretty low bladder capacity as it is, and waking up 5-6 times a night due to restless sleep means that my kidneys never stop producing pee at night. Thank goodness I actually LIKE diapers, or I would be really miserable. Trying hard to lose weight now as a means to solve the sleep apnea, among other things.

Well,

I have sleep apnea and have a apap machine...Doppler type iirc...

Anyhow, expensive machine!

It took me several months to get used to the machine, and had to do compliance...anyhow just ended up getting strapped in and not able to take mask off...and after awhile get used to it...can sleep with it now without being strapped into bed...

I've been ic since birth (at least very young) so never been out of diapers...used to hate them...

Anyhow, I'd say with the machine i sleep better, not sure it will cause wet bed or not? But sleeping better and deeper will possibly cause more wet nights...

Yeah I have to wear diapers during the day and I always wear at night incase of an accident. The sucky thing is that I won't get the machine till the 22nd of this month I was given the mask that goes over the nostrils and I slept good and the restlessness stopped on the machine

I have one of those machines that has a humidifier in it so its nice, especially now in the winter time, i need to actually use it. I have a full face mask. Sometimes i have insomnia and cant fall asleep very easily and that makes it tough when u have to pee 2 or 3 times before u fall asleep, getting up to pee that many times would make it way harder for me to actually get sleep and if i fall asleep and wake up a few hours later to pee, then i always have a hard time falling back asleep, especially where u have to be more awake to actually take off the mask and do all that. Diapers just make sleeping that much easier for me, plus there is always that chance of an actuall accident while i sleep. I have told my doctor about my wetting and my wearing diapers as my way to deal with it. They always go back to well, what are u drinking and how close to bedtime are u drinking. I stopped careing about eliminating things that are more likely to cause incontince, because almost everything that doesnt, is far worse for u then the stuff that does, plus everything makes u pee at some point. I drink tea a lot before bed to help me sleep and i know that makes u more likely to pee but i like sleep better. Having an accident for me doesnt happen enough for me to care about it as much as i care about actually sleeping. Part of it may also be that im so used to wearing diapers to but wouldn't u figure that if that was true , that the rate of wetting accidents would go up over the years? I stopped careing years ago and im just fine with using diapers at night to help me at night and more recently now during the day.

I have sleep apnea and bladder issues.

I suffer from sleep apnea. My AHI level was measured at 98 times an hour which is considered very severe. I would wet before my sleep test on average once maybe twice a week. Even wore my nappies in hospital to bed during the sleep test and told the nurse that I will put a nappy on before i go to sleep as i do hate waking to wet sheets and would hate to wet the bed during my test. I would usually wake up after i was already wetting before the machine. Would not know it was happening but could feel myself getting wet and semi wake up but just go back to sleep. It was the same as having an episode when you stop breathing sometimes you would wake yourself up but would go back to sleep very quickly not even remembering most nights you had woken. My wife reckons I had suffered sleep apnea for 15 years before i did something about it. Doctor reckon I had not have a REM sleep for probably 12-15 years. Now with the resmed machine i wet almost every night though the amount is very little. Once thing i have noticed as you are sleeping better your urine production cuts down at night which is what should happen. I sleep that well with the machine on I don't even know ive wet during the night until i wake up.

I used to have apnea I have both a CPAP & BIPAP under my bed , I used to be 5'7" and 200 pounds now I am still the same height but weigh 114 pounds , I have lost all my muscle and body fat , so I am still incontinent but no longer have to go all "nozzle knose" at bedtime ( a friends young granddaughter gave me that nickname after seeing me sleeping once ) it's cute and funny till she yells that to you at the other end of the mall ! Unfortunately apnea IC , hypertension all go together with our other friend diabetes , I won the Trifeccta + on those got them all, although I have "cured" the hypertension by getting a worse disease that causes low blood pressure , except last year when I had the stroke my blood pressure was sky high, apnea can really send your health down the rabbit hole.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I have OSA and i wet my bed sometimes, i wear cpap machine but i continue wetting the bed sometimes without knowing, sometimes i know that i have to go to pee more than two time per night, but the issue is that i need remove my mask in the dark wake up, go to restroom, back to bed reintall my mask and back to sleep, with diapers on im not worried, and just need relax and pee in them, and is more easy back to sleep, normally i wear abena M3 during week and M4 during weekends

I do have sleep apnea but it isn't the cause of my wetting. I do know that sleep apnea can cause one to have bladder issues at night due to the fact that once you are using a CPAP and getting the rest you need, your body can actually relax enough causing wetting issues. One thing that has helped me in using my CPAP is the fact that I am diapered at night. For me, if there is any reason I have to take off my CPAP mask and then put it back on, I end up being wide awake for a long while. So not having to get up to go to the bathroom 5-9 times a night makes me have a much better sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back