Favorite Babykins Diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiles

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey everyone,

I was wondering who has had good experiences with Babykins diapers? I wanna get my first cloth diaper to try, but not sure where to start. Babykins is close and I heard was good.
What's your favorite diaper from Babykins, and do you have any recommendations on which one, and which plastic pants, to start with? (there's so many to choose from!)

Their PUL pants are great. Last a long time and don't get overly sweaty.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

The diapers I like are the 10500 Velcro ones (large) and the 10100C contour (medium) ones. The plastic pants I like over them are the 20300 or 21300 vinyl ones (large in both). They come in both solid colours and a few prints. On their size chart (34in waist) I fall into medium at the high end and find large is more suitable. In their onesies, medium fits good. I also used their large 10400 doublers to increase capacity (or I use a medium Velcro with a large on top since I own a few).

Thanks for the suggestions!

Babykins is a great place! Don't remember the model number but they also have a lined plastic pant that can add a little extra protection, or be worn by itself just in case when not expecting to flood.

wddleme said:
Babykins is a great place! Don't remember the model number but they also have a lined plastic pant that can add a little extra protection, or be worn by itself just in case when not expecting to flood.

I did see those too! They are terry lined apparently. Quite a bit more expensive though.

wddleme said:

I'll second this and say that I strongly recommend the polyester version of the lined pant. They're very durable and are indispensable for overnight wear with a disposable diaper, or anytime you need extra protection from leaks. I will say, though, that these over a thick diaper will absolutely ensure people know you're wearing something under there. These are NOT thin and discreet.

I love Jenny diapers( babykins) , it's the only diaper place that when you pay like five bucks extra to have an additional soaker built into the diaper she does the entire diaper not just the crotch, you can double the capacity without making it very bulky.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've been using kinns diapers and plastic pants for years. I went from pin on to contour velcro and ended up using the model 10700 pull-on cloth diaper. I have a few dozen. I air dry both my diapers and plastic pants so they seemingly last forever. I tried the all in ones but the didn't last and were a bitch to dry. The pull-ons are a pain to change in public so the velcro contours might work better for you. I use a confidry 24/7 as a "diaper liner" with some pin holes in the shell to allow flow through. It also keeps BM's off my cloth diaper. This level of protection helps avoid the nightmare of a public change. I use a heavy layer of Desitin (zinc oxide) to prevent rashes, Nullo and heavy gauge plastic pants to eliminate tell tale odors. You just have to get used to having a load (or 2) in the seat of your diaper for long periods of time, something I got used to years ago.

As for terry lined plastic pants, go with single layer flannel pull-ups, and then a plastic pant on top. Way easier to wash and clean, and makes the plastic pant last longer. This is what I wear over my disposable. Same principle as the terrylined plastic pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a rule of thumb when wearing cloth diapers you should always order plastic pants one size larger then the diaper.

Tetra said:
As a rule of thumb when wearing cloth diapers you should always order plastic pants one size larger then the diaper.

Maybe it's better to order the diapers before the plastic pants?

bambinod said:
Maybe it's better to order the diapers before the plastic pants?
Funny you say that I ordered mine at the same time and had to wait like a month more after my diapers arrived to get my pants, so all told it was four months from order to first wear , of course that also included extra time to wash and dry them 10 times before wear .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back