Therapy for ABDL / Regression

Status
Not open for further replies.

hd7850

Contributor
Hi all,

I would like to ask the community if there is a knowledge base for therapy in regards to ABDL.

I have struggled with mental illness for years. My little side has always been there, but lately I have been engaging in it more often as a coping mechanism. A severe trauma at the hands of a group of highly unethical healthcare professionals pushed me over the edge and I regressed into little space a lot. I suffer from PTSD, Borderline Personality Disorder as well as Avoidant and Dependent traits.

I have gone to drop in style therapy and they have helped me to accept my little side. I want to get into deeper therapy and allow myself to be vulnerable and little in front of someone I trust... It will take me a long time to regain trust as I have been badly wounded in the therapeutic arena, but I know I can do it with the right person...

Any ideas as to what type of therapy I could look into? I was thinking attachment based therapy, maybe person centered.

I've had therapy and also use ABDL as a coping mechanism of some sort... but I'm no expert.

Personally, I don't think the whole classification, taxonomy and sub-division of psychological theories is particularly based on "reality". Different people's brains work differently, and I've found that finding someone with a person-centred focus has allowed me to feel like I'm being heard... which is something that I didn't think that I needed... but in being heard, I sort-of learnt to listen to myself.

I like the person-centred approach because it focuses on what you need, and psychotherapists using this approach should be less interested in imposing their own psychological ideology on you. The focus should be on whatever works for you, whatever the reason.

My therapist gave me Carl Rogers' book, "On Becoming a Person", which I thought was an excellent introduction to the concepts of person-centred therapy. There's a bit of a long-winded preamble to it, but it makes a lot of sense.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...IDAB#v=onepage&q=on becoming a person&f=false

hd7850 said:
Hi all,

I would like to ask the community if there is a knowledge base for therapy in regards to ABDL.

I have struggled with mental illness for years. My little side has always been there, but lately I have been engaging in it more often as a coping mechanism. A severe trauma at the hands of a group of highly unethical healthcare professionals pushed me over the edge and I regressed into little space a lot. I suffer from PTSD, Borderline Personality Disorder as well as Avoidant and Dependent traits.

I have gone to drop in style therapy and they have helped me to accept my little side. I want to get into deeper therapy and allow myself to be vulnerable and little in front of someone I trust... It will take me a long time to regain trust as I have been badly wounded in the therapeutic arena, but I know I can do it with the right person...

Any ideas as to what type of therapy I could look into? I was thinking attachment based therapy, maybe person centered.

Hi.

First thing I want to say is be careful out there, there are a lot of nobs, so if you are looking for someone to play the caregiver role while you are in Little space, make shore that they are doing this for the right reasons.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, and it not the oncoming train, and it not going to be turned off due to budget cuts. There is all way hope,

So you need to hold on to your happy thoughts,

It is posable to trigger your self and to regress by your self, but it nicer to do this with someone else that you can trust.

Regression therapy help me alot. Going back to a point in my life and looking at it. Releasing myself and other that may of caused me offence at that time.

Hope that is help full to you.

At the end you will know your self and be able to accept yourself is huge step to being happy. Something that alot of people never get to.

Be free and fly little one.

Siysiy

Yes I have talked to a therapist and we used it to my advantage and I do use it as a coping mechanism. There is nothing wrong with that.

You do have the right to ask for different therapist, and a good one will not focus on that one issue but help find the ground cause of the issues and go from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I have talked to a therapist and we used it to my advantage and I do use it as a coping mechanism. There is nothing wrong with that.

You do have the right to ask for different therapist, and a good one will not focus on that one issue but help find the ground cause of the issues and go from there.

I've not had a lot of experience with regression therapy, but I love the idea of being so honest with someone, that I can have that safety. How do you find a therapist like that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

My psych encouraged me to wear often to cope and support myself when I had mental illness. She got me to wear to therapy under my clothes so I could be around someone who was accepting of who I was. This is different from what you're talking about and more about self-acceptance than anything.

bigcam6589 said:
I've not had a lot of experience with regression therapy, but I love the idea of being so honest with someone, that I can have that safety. How do you find a therapist like that?

Hi bigcam6589

are you in the UK?

The person that show me how to regress is no longer practicing.

but if you find a therapist you can talk about regression to them and why you would like to try it. they will eather be happy to show you or they won't

If you are going to do regression on your own. I sergest you dont go to far down as in to a baby as I found it hard to come back up. I think I was happy as a baby and did wont to come back up, so only go as far as you are happy with.

you can not really get it wrong. just dont try to hard or you will end up age playing.

give your self time to play this is not something you wont to do a hour befor you have to go to work.

I did put a long post about Little space not so longago.

hope that helpfull

Siysiy

Thank you for the wise words! I really hope I can find a therapist that specializes in something similar to regression therapy. My fiance tolerates my little side, but it's hard to get past the 6'1'', 260lb beast of a male, and she does not engage at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back