Best way to hide the bulge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor

Est. Contributor
I have been wearing more during the daytime and have been really enjoying it(No bathroom breaks at work, can go through a 4 hour lecture with a large drink and not leave my desk, ect). So far i been wearing northshore supreme and I never have a leak and they last a good 8 hours even with excessive fluid intake. I have tried thinner diapers such as the ABU preschool and northshore lite and they work just fine, but I dont feel as confident in there ability to not leak as my main concern is leaking all over my chair in class or have wet pants at work, let alone changing at work and in public is a huge hassle all on its own( and with thin ones over 8 hours that could be upwards of twice a day!).

So the question is, what is your favorite way to hide your diaper bulge?

Wearing pants with enough room in the crotch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jockey shorts with a tank undershirt tucked in them so they stay snug. And pants one size larger.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I haven't been at this for too long, but I wore a onesie over my diaper today and it worked great. There was still a bulge, but I felt like everything was held in a bit tighter if that makes sense. I use a Confidri 24/7 which, like the north shore supreme, is bulky so I was still self conscious about it. With larger diapers there is always going to be a bulge, but it's less noticeable than wet pants.

I'm IC and over time caring less and less about the bulge. I usually wear compression shorts and it works fine. I try to wear pants that aren't so tight as to show a diaper outline. But I can't/won't live my whole life around my incontinence. Sometimes people who are looking are probably going to be able to tell I'm wearing a diaper.

Honestly even bulky diapers are MUCH less noticeable than you think they are under normal clothes. The key is really not too tight and not too baggy. If you overdo it in either direction it makes things more noticeable or just looks frumpy as hell.

Trevor said:

That's a cute one. I'll be passing that along to select recipients. ;-)

Thanks to a member, here, I've recently tried Tena Ultra Stretch briefs and I'm lovin' 'em. I usually add a booster pad plus I wear fitting pants over everything and, not only is it all discreet but it feels great! Anyway, I usually wear Duluth Trading Co. pants that fit loose, anyway, as well as a t-shirt or polo shirt -----tucked in!-----GEEZER ALERT! ;-) Any visible bulge in the front is an added plus! LOL!

Onesie/bodystocking, they work so well, Abena make good ones, find a fit and never have to worry again.

Aleakyboomboom!!!

Last edited:
don't be scared...let it show! be proud!

Wear a onesie

landingxray said:
don't be scared...let it show! be proud!
My sentiments entirely. If people notice I wear nappies so what.

Black pleated dress slacks that are one size larger than needed (with a belt).

The pleated front breaks up the pattern and naturally makes your pants look a little puffed out any ways. The size larger makes sure they aren't too tight and end up showing the contoured edges of your diaper. The black also hides any potential leaks really well.

I agree with landingxray and ST50. I've stopped worrying about it.

walmart carries wrangler brand denim jeans in a variety of colors, including tan. They have a relaxed fit option, and so they fit diapers pretty well without showing much. And the tan color so far has gone totally unnoticed where I work. Our dress code doesn't allow jeans, but kakkis are fine. These look so much like tan kakkis that no one has ever said a word. I wouldn't want to try a thick diaper (space etc) but they're fine for preschool. Black is the best choice for maximum discretion, it helps hide padding lines in the back and bulge in the front.

Cargo jeans or shorts are also a good diaper option. Much better for larger diapers (space,safari,etc) They get kinda obvious though in the cargo shorts.

Would you say that a diaper such as the Northshore supreme or Abena m4 would be to bulky for jeans?

Vapor said:
Would you say that a diaper such as the Northshore supreme or Abena m4 would be to bulky for jeans?

Depends on the jeans. The majority are made to "fit well", so they are close to the average body size, and that doesn't leave much room for a diaper. Especially a wet diaper. Especially in the crotch area for the guys. This can be a real problem. Definitely no Levi 501's for me!

If you go with any jeans marketed as 'relaxed fit', you'll do much better. That's why I like the wrangler relexed fit or the kakki pants or cargo shorts. Don't feel like my jewels are in a vice when I sit down. :sweatdrop: It's not so much a matter of "showing", as it is personal comfort.

I wear an Abena bodystocking with my Northshore, I could care less if someone knows I am diapered , but it does compress the diaper enough that my pants fit better .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Inconinmiss said:
I agree with landingxray and ST50. I've stopped worrying about it.
Why worry no one cares. Only someone who knows about or who already wears an adult nappy would notice.

I'm lucky here because my work clothes are kind of lose fitting. I've also found that a onesie or leggings help hold things in and up. So, lose pants and a tight compression type of underwear both help.

While I am self conscious about the diaper showing, I just try not to think about it. I feel like just accepting it as a part of life and not stressing over it helps. Thinking about it is a vicious cycle .. The more I think about it, the more I let on that its there which causes me to think about it more.

People have what's called change blindness to things that don't pertain to them, if you have any bulge people will either notice by accident but dismiss it or be oblivious to it totally, honestly if you have the the same bulge every day people will never notice because that's you , that's your shape ,if you were to keep going back and forth between wearing and not wearing, that would be alot more noticeable then a slight bulge .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back