pneumonia

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
well shit, I may have "walking" pneumonia AGAIN. I'm getting sick of my parents thinking I'm faking, last time they sent me to school with the fucking walking pneumonia clearly coughing my lungs out every 5 fucking seconds struggling to breath. I either get bronchitis or walking pneumonia all depends. pretty sure it can kill me too, I'm asthmatic and if I'm struggling to breath, coughing my lungs out until I vomit, yeah that's not healthy.

Usually for me it starts off as a "cold" for a couple days, goes away than I've got a terrible hacking cough where I'm coughing up mucus for months and struggling to breath, gets worse at night.

My parents don't seem to fucking understand that you can be sick as fuck and walk around fine, I've even been put on anti-biotics in the past for this same thing, I get it so often I can actually tell when I've got it.

Last time I had the flu, parents sent me to school, they said I was faking it, funny how most of the people I came into contact got the flu slightly after, even the teachers told me you're too sick you should be at home.

I'm gonna go to the doctor Monday if it it doesn't get better in a couple days, anyone tips and tricks for good o' jess?

Last edited:
I used to get bronchitis after EVERY cold in high school. Gee, wonder why... oh yeah... because I was taking a prescription for allergies that was barely touching them at all. It just impaired my immune system. Get the impression my doctor was brilliant? He never figured out this his prescriptions were causing most of my problems. Glad he's putting that medical degree to use...

As for your parents, honestly, I'd turn it around on them. I think they're faking about thinking you're faking. Why would they do that? Don't they care? Do they WANT you to get sicker? Why would they fake about something like this? If they're going to pretend you're not sick when it's obvious you are, questions need to be asked and they need to be put on the spot. I'd love to know why they're faking like that.

Re pneumonia... you'll likely need antibiotics. The sooner the better. I'm not sure I'd even wait until Monday. Pneumonia can get serious fast (as I'm sure your parents know, even if they pretend not to have ever heard of pneumonia before).

gigglebutt said:
Pneumonia is a killer. I'd advise you see someone ASAP. If your parents aren't paying any attention to it, it's going to fall on you and it is very serious. I've had a death in my family from it not being diagnosed and taken care of in time.

Take care of yourself sweetie. I know I don't need to tell you that, but I worry..

OMG... yikes! *hugs!* I've never known anyone who's actually died from it, though I know it can get that bad...

And to Binary... I second this... get antibiotics sooner rather than later. Today might be a good day to go to a walk-in clinic or somesuch. Don't wait until you need to be hospitalized.

Go to your school nurse!

If she (or he) agrees you might have it then she will call your parents to pick you up and take you to the doctor. It won't matter if your parents think your faking it at that point, you'll have a medical professional telling them otherwise.

Slomo said:
Go to your school nurse!

If she (or he) agrees you might have it then she will call your parents to pick you up and take you to the doctor. It won't matter if your parents think your faking it at that point, you'll have a medical professional telling them otherwise.

Ah, I'm actually no longer at school, left 2 years ago (2015), I think roughly. That's the last time I had pneumonia.

I used to get pneumonia or bronchitis usually once a year, been lucky that the last time I got it was 2 years ago, but usually I get it every two years now. no clue why, I just know every time I get it and often get put on anti-boitics..

I can see the mix up though, I should of said last time I got pneumonia was last year of high school. :p

Slomo said:
Go to your school nurse!

Binary isn't in school right now except remotely (online). So, no school nurse.

And her parents don't seem to know what pneumonia is to begin with. Nor do they care.

Sapphyre said:
Binary isn't in school right now except remotely (online). So, no school nurse.

And her parents don't seem to know what pneumonia is to begin with. Nor do they care.

Yep parents don't give a shit about me. I'm just another source of income for them.

I've vented about the full details in my blog if you want to check that out, it'll make a lot more sense, but to sum it all, I get abused all the time... :'( by my parents.

Was going to post it as a reply, but it's too personal and might get indexed so I've posted it on my blog on adisc so ec+ can see it if they wish to read it.

Last edited:
No problem, my misunderstanding too.

Of course you could also walk into any hospital too. Pretty much any doctor's diagnosis "should" be enough to at least get them to shut up. That and you'll get the antibiotics you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back