Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little bit more about me.

Default A little bit more about me.

i figured I'd share this with you guys.

I'm in special edu. The doctors thought i'd be mentally disabled. They where wrong but they still put me in there. so I have almost no hope of a full filling career. or a good future. any way then I found art/photography and have decided to pursue a career in that Field. Thats not to say that I don't like the people in there. I just want more out of my life. I don't want to work a crappy job all my life. My mother is just agents me on most things. But I still Listin. But I guess i should just hold on tight and see where this ride takes me.

Art might just be your way into an exciting and rewarding life. I'm a professional musician, and it's helped pay the bills all of my life. It can be done.

secretdl26

I just looked at your Deviantart site, and I have to say, you really do have a future in photography. Follow your dream and do whatever is necessary to continue your progress in photography. I hope it works out for you!

Doctors suck. They said I was going to be a midget.... Now I'm 6'4. I could Definetly pass as the worlds tallest midget because if that mistake.

Enjoy life.

Is It Your Info That Says "Favourite Movie: Flyboys?" If It Is, Awesome! I Love That Film. WWI Films Are Always My Favourite Though. Flyboys, The Trench, Deathwatch.

The doctors said I would be a frog, but I showed them by becoming a cow

Do you mean you were put in special classes in grade school? If so, I don't think those would even matter with a career. It's the college classes that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    The doctors said I would be a frog, but I showed them by becoming a cow

Do you mean you were put in special classes in grade school? If so, I don't think those would even matter with a career. It's the college classes that matter.
    Oh Crap.

I'm In A Special Group, And I'm In College. "LSU" Its Called, "Learning Support Unit" Is What It Stands For.

College Is Like, The Last School You Go To, Unless You Go To University.

Aye, I know how it is; I've been in Special Ed for a few years now, and it sucks. The work is too easy, and the teachers are very annoying. I don't even understand why I'm in there. Probably because I have the Math level of a 3rd Grader? I don't know.
    I'm not currently in Special Ed right now, I'm at a new Alternative school, which is like a school for special kids? That's at least how I look at it.
    I've been told it's the college classes that matter, not necessarily the High School classes.
    Just go to college and find something you really WANT to do, that way, you can look at it not as a "Job" but something you can (somewhat) look forward to everyday, that's what my Entry teacher tells me all the time.

I was in special education due to behavioral problems I was rarely challenged however it's still 100% possible to get out of it and get a great job/career. Also if your on a I.E.P like I was I highly suggest sitting in on all of the meetings. I started doing that at around 9 years old so I can find out and have a say in what school I might be going to next. Mostly due to moving and other times due to the schools special ed program cutting off at a certain grade I.E. 3rd/6th grade.

But really if you want to show them you do not need to be in there then show them that. I could of done that and I should have but I perfered a other placement rather then the normal high school, since I wasn't able to go to the good high school.

In any case you shouldn't worry about what you could of done in the past but worry about what you are going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by scoo View Post
    i figured I'd share this with you guys.

I'm in special edu. The doctors thought i'd be mentally disabled. They where wrong but they still put me in there. so I have almost no hope of a full filling career. or a good future. any way then I found art/photography and have decided to pursue a career in that Field. Thats not to say that I don't like the people in there. I just want more out of my life. I don't want to work a crappy job all my life. My mother is just agents me on most things. But I still Listin. But I guess i should just hold on tight and see where this ride takes me.
    I've read your posts and see no developmental disability. A few spelling mistakes that indicate nothing at all. Or anything to worry about. And you like ska. Many people have brains which do some, even most things well, and some not so well. Or some very poorly. It is irritating when a narrow brain malfunction gets in the way of all the functions that are just fine. To me you seem fine and I see no reason you should not meet with success down the road.