My own variant of the binge purge cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elbs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
OK, so when I first read about the binge purge cycle for ABDLs, I thought it didn't apply to me since I don't feel any desire to buy any paraphernalia. (My fetish is purely mental, not something that I feel any need to act out.)
But I've noticed that the past two months, I started writing a new story during my ovulation period, when my fetish was at its' strongest, and as soon as I got to the luteal phase, the urge subsided and so did any interest in those stories.
Now, if I'd just get back to the story when the interest surges again, it would be no problem. But I'm not just not motivated to write - I'm also starting to feel disgusted by my stories and thinking that they have no real merit whatsoever besides cheap thrills for me. The first story I've completely abandoned and I doubt that I'll return to it. The second, I hope that I don't abandon it, but I'm afraid I will.
Those of you who write ABDL fics, do you have a binge purge cycle with your stories? How do you handle it?

Take a break and go back to it when you feel like it. Have you ever tried wearing diapers? For me, this fetish started out mental but I found that I got a lot of satisfaction from wearing too.

Elbs said:
OK, so when I first read about the binge purge cycle for ABDLs, I thought it didn't apply to me since I don't feel any desire to buy any paraphernalia. (My fetish is purely mental, not something that I feel any need to act out.)
But I've noticed that the past two months, I started writing a new story during my ovulation period, when my fetish was at its' strongest, and as soon as I got to the luteal phase, the urge subsided and so did any interest in those stories.
Now, if I'd just get back to the story when the interest surges again, it would be no problem. But I'm not just not motivated to write - I'm also starting to feel disgusted by my stories and thinking that they have no real merit whatsoever besides cheap thrills for me. The first story I've completely abandoned and I doubt that I'll return to it. The second, I hope that I don't abandon it, but I'm afraid I will.
Those of you who write ABDL fics, do you have a binge purge cycle with your stories? How do you handle it?

That's really interesting. When I was younger, I went through some serious binge and purge periods, but over the years I've accepted this as a part of who I am. That doesn't solve your problem however, and binge and purge are very real psychological phenomena. I would just put your writing away and when the mood strikes, consider editing your stories.

I have several stories on this site, and even though they're diaper stories, they have other points to them, mostly as to how we get along with others, or how we get along with ourselves. My story "Coffee Stop" has a lot of content about me when I was a kid, growing up. Some of it may seem like fiction, but they were things I experienced as a kid. Typically there's a lot of us in the stories we write because we write about what we know. We tend to know ourselves and our close friends.

Take a look at your stories and ask yourself, what are they trying to say. Even in my story, "The House at the End of the Road" is a story about child abuse taken to the extreme. Like Stephen King said: "Sometimes They Come Back". Let your stories come back and tell your story.

INTrePid said:
Take a break and go back to it when you feel like it. Have you ever tried wearing diapers? For me, this fetish started out mental but I found that I got a lot of satisfaction from wearing too.

Only when I used to wet the bed (GoodNights), and I hated them. I also hated wearing pads, so I only use tampons. I'm autistic and they set off tactile sensitivity for me.

It's not about the diapers for me. It's about the incontinence. My first fic that featured incontinence had no diapers at all in it. And fics involving people wearing diapers and not using them, or only using them deliberately, really do nothing for me.

Elbs said:
I also hated wearing pads, so I only use tampons.

That's a bit surprising, seeing as that's usually an issue with tampons, forcing people to use pads. see also: toxic shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back